PDA

View Full Version : Dev Blog - Pixelart MMORPG - Top Down - Javascript Game

WebHabz
11-03-2014, 03:44 PM
I proud to show my beta game "Dungeon Quest" name is subject to change. I have created this version of the game to test a number of functions that I plan to use in my final version which will be open world.

Have a play around tell me what you think of it so far really at the moment its a development test but hopefully if you guys seem interested I will keep updating it. I plan to use sockets and nodeJs to add multiplayer aspect of the game shortly!

Live Link (http://www.xronn.co.uk/game)

David
11-03-2014, 03:52 PM
crashed thrice going through the top door so closed it.
looked really good though, nice graphics. would play it more if it wanted me to.

dbgtz
11-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Could use some tweaks as said before and I would have preferred to have used WASD than the arrow keys.

WebHabz
11-03-2014, 04:29 PM
I will change over to WASD for the final project, thanks! This is my first ever game so I'm super excited I've been trying to learn as much as possible, it is only one level at the moment. I'm aware of a number of bugs that I will try to fix up thanks for help test it!

Trinity
11-03-2014, 05:08 PM
I proud to show my beta game "Dungeon Quest" name is subject to change. I have created this version of the game to test a number of functions that I plan to use in my final version which will be open world.

Have a play around tell me what you think of it so far really at the moment its a development test but hopefully if you guys seem interested I will keep updating it. I plan to use sockets and nodeJs to add multiplayer aspect of the game shortly!

Live Link
(http://www.xronn.co.uk/game)

Not bad :)
It was a bit tricky going through the door thing on the right, it looked like it was all lined up ok, but it wouldn't go through until I moved down a bit. That works fine for a slow-paced game, but if the final game has any fast-paced bits, like trying to escape from someone/something, then it could get a bit annoying.
A mute button would be appreciated too :)

WebHabz
11-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Hehe the sound does get a bit annoying, I will add a mute button to the UI bar.

Drew
11-03-2014, 10:55 PM
The graphics look good! I think the text would look better without anti-aliasing though. Some additional sound effects would be nice too e.g. when the player gets hit by the spikes :)

Good luck!

WebHabz
12-03-2014, 12:15 AM
Hey drew, thanks for the feedback. I have a font I want to throw on which will improve the font a whole bunch, I also have a hit sound effect but it isn't added just yet!

I'm working on adding the second level before I push another update, that will address all of your issues above

Drew
12-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Cool, I look forward to the next update :P

WebHabz
23-03-2014, 02:02 AM
I added an extra level, things to note it is still arrow keys, and I'm having trouble loading the font file. Please have another go at the game tell me if you beat level 2 and what you think. It could be smoother but I'm still learning!

Thanks!!

Drew
23-03-2014, 06:37 AM
I had no idea what to do in level 2, and I died too fast! I think the "hit zone" was too big for the spikes, my HP dropped very quickly even when my character wasn't on them. There is still some difficulty when trying to go through doors, the character has to somehow line up properly with it. You might wanna make the background music loop also. The fireball was cool though, so keep it up :)

WebHabz
23-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah, level 2 is confusing I will add some guidance, spikes do have an odd hit zone because of the top down nature I have to null the top 5px of the spikes, so I will play around with that. When I null the spikes I will null the players head so that its so much easier to walk between objects.

Thanks Drew!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!