PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Awsotech - Hiring

Blazingconnor
15-03-2014, 07:49 PM
http://www.connordavidsmith.co.uk/awsologo.png
Awsotech is a software company based in the UK, We currently are not open due to a server suspension we suffered 1 month ago.

We are re-opening sometime this year and are currently recruiting young and budding members of staff
Check out below for which positions we are hiring

Positions:

Team leaders for various projects
Support staff
Website designers
Website Developers
Social Media Updater's
Graphics Designers

If you think you have what it takes to apply for one of the above positions then inbox me on here due to our company emails being not contactable

Thank you
Connor D. Smith - Managing Director & Co-Founder

http://www.awsotech.com

-Nick
15-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Whats the site about?

Blazingconnor
15-03-2014, 08:45 PM
When we eventually open I plan to release softwares and mobile apps that will benefit the future of making life easier. We currently have a Android play store developers license for the app side of things and We plan on releasing a linux distro prior to when we open

scottish
15-03-2014, 09:01 PM
I assume this 'company' isn't registered?

Blazingconnor
15-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Not yet, but i'm planning on registering it on its 1st birthday (26th october 2014) i'm trying to find ways of getting grants to get a start up fund, then from there get an office for rent, but I'm planning on getting one in huddersfield due to it being easier accessable for two of my main members of staff

scottish
15-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Have you ever had work before?
Do you have any clients lined up?
Why was your server suspended?
Who hosts your servers?

Not interested in joining just figured I'd get some questions out of the road that should be asked by anyone interested.

Also, why wait another 7 months why not do it sooner?

Blazingconnor
15-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Not sure what you men by had work before, If you mean a job then no lol
Yes I have one at the moment 'Huddersfield Couriers'
We had 1TB and we went over the bandwidth but because it was one of those american companys they gave us a automatic suspension till may 2014, but we had a backup server anyway
Our Operations Director deals with the servers

And the reason i'm willing to wait 7 month is because running a company is a very delicate thing to do, if I forget to do something then It would result in fines and would be bad for me as the director because I feel I need to do more research into company start ups before i Officially register my own as I dont want it to go down the pan before its started

scottish
15-03-2014, 09:51 PM
They suspended you for several months because you went over bandwidth? What company are you using, usually they'd either suspend you or charge you for the data you use over bandwidth?

Blazingconnor
15-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Sounds stupid and it actually is stupid, its one of those unknown american companys because at the time we needed a cheap server to setup on and its only costing us $20 for 6 months. But we are moving to a british guy I know soon for £15 a month so a tad more than we are currently paying

scottish
15-03-2014, 10:34 PM
£15 for a server is still dirt cheap, are you buying shared hosting or something?

Blazingconnor
15-03-2014, 10:39 PM
£15 for a server is still dirt cheap, are you buying shared hosting or something?

Naa we only use VPS, but our backup one is in my mate room in scotland its home run thats the one Awsotech is temporarily on

Recursion
15-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Naa we only use VPS, but our backup one is in my mate room in scotland its home run thats the one Awsotech is temporarily on

end thread

Rachel
15-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Goodluck with it :)

Blazingconnor
16-03-2014, 08:55 AM
Goodluck with it :)

thank you

OllzIsTasty
16-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Good luck! Hopefully in seven months you will be sorted :)

Blazingconnor
16-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Good luck! Hopefully in seven months you will be sorted :)

Thank you and fingers crossed we hopefully will be

OllzIsTasty
16-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Thank you and fingers crossed we hopefully will be

I'll check it out then :).

Blazingconnor
16-03-2014, 10:14 PM
I'll check it out then :).

OllzIsTasty
16-03-2014, 10:16 PM

Anytime!

Jack!
17-03-2014, 10:34 PM
I take it this is an unpaid role then?

Blazingconnor
17-03-2014, 11:27 PM
I take it this is an unpaid role then?

I prefer to call it voluntary... but yes

- - - Updated - - -

New job additions:

Mobile Application Developers (Java etc)
Software engineers
Software Developers
UI Designers
Iphone Application Developers
Android Application Developers
Windows Application Developers
Application developers in general

GoldenMerc
17-03-2014, 11:33 PM
I struggled to get people to help with Ltd companies, not sure how or why someone would work for completely free specially Android & IOS Dev's etc, why when they can do it all themself lol.

Blazingconnor
17-03-2014, 11:37 PM
I struggled to get people to help with Ltd companies, not sure how or why someone would work for completely free specially Android & IOS Dev's etc, why when they can do it all them self lol.

If I could afford to pay I genuinely would but the most I can offer is full credit and hopefully once we register I can apply for grants/loans to actually pay any staff.. In a way I can kind of see it as begging but I guess we all got to start somewhere? not sure if you agree :/

GoldenMerc
17-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Think the way to start is do one project at a time, You can't rely on others and have to either pay up or learn to code yourself

Blazingconnor
17-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Think the way to start is do one project at a time, You can't rely on others and have to either pay up or learn to code yourself

I never said I didn't know how to code, just some parts of the project I can't do myself such as a UI, my UI skills are no good so would need a UI designer, and certain parts of an android app I would need help with. but the iphone dev would be the major one. I have no clue with Iphone devs

GoldenMerc
17-03-2014, 11:59 PM
So what languages do you know fluently?

Blazingconnor
18-03-2014, 12:22 AM
So what languages do you know fluently?

PHP, HTML, CSS, Bits of HTML5 & CSS3, Javascript and learning Java,

Wanna try learn C# or C

scottish
18-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Why is your website coded by someone else then?

http://www.connordavidsmith.co.uk/site/

Surely if you're fluent in PHP/CSS(3)/HTML(5) you wouldn't need someone else to code your personal website :s

Blazingconnor
18-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Why is your website coded by someone else then?

http://www.connordavidsmith.co.uk/site/

Surely if you're fluent in PHP/CSS(3)/HTML(5) you wouldn't need someone else to code your personal website :s

At the time I was busy working on Awsotech & Trying to get Vectoreze back up, but really wanted to Portfolio to progress aswell so he offered to code it for me

Jack!
18-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Sounds like he started it from what he is saying..

Awsotech is a company i started, the new awsotech is set to offer services such as; web hosting, programming, web design and softwares such as our own Linux distro.

And... your own Linux Distro?!

Very broad product range you have there... might want to narrow it down.

Recursion
18-03-2014, 07:01 PM

and work on his grammar...

Blazingconnor
18-03-2014, 07:14 PM

Yea, always wanted to create my own distro they look pretty cool like Ubuntu and the other ones, and noted, i will once ive finished awsotech

- - - Updated - - -

and work on his grammar...

that is also an issue, I suffer from dyslexia just saying so it will always be a problem but I guess I can work on it? :/

Recursion
19-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Yea, always wanted to create my own distro they look pretty cool like Ubuntu and the other ones, and noted, i will once ive finished awsotech

- - - Updated - - -

that is also an issue, I suffer from dyslexia just saying so it will always be a problem but I guess I can work on it? :/

In that case, don't necessarily work on it... just get someone to go over your site and fix the errors :P

Blazingconnor
21-03-2014, 01:10 PM
In that case, don't necessarily work on it... just get someone to go over your site and fix the errors :P

ok :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!