PDA

View Full Version : Gorilla delivered by rare Caesarean section in San Diego zoo

Shar
16-03-2014, 06:15 PM
San Diego Zoo Safari Park has released footage of a newborn gorilla which was delivered by a rare Caesarean section.

The operation was performed when complications arose during what was the mother's first pregnancy.

Tom Santorelli reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26582756

Opinions?

Yawn
16-03-2014, 06:21 PM
kl i like gorillas

Empired
16-03-2014, 06:48 PM
So cute! I'm glad it's safe and well! Baby gorillas are so sweet omg

Jurv
16-03-2014, 06:59 PM
that is so god damn cute! i didn't know that they rarely delivered babies through c sections

Rixion
16-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Wow that's amazing, never knew they could do that with gorillas!

Liva
18-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Can you imagine the poor gorilla not having a clue why people are cutting her open, it would be so terrified! Unless it was under drugs at the time.. Luckily the baby is fine but yeah, poor gorills. :(

GommeInc
18-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Can you imagine the poor gorilla not having a clue why people are cutting her open, it would be so terrified! Unless it was under drugs at the time.. Luckily the baby is fine but yeah, poor gorills. :(
Most likely filled up with drugs to calm her down as they're quite prone to going "ape" crazy when they feel threatened. They're quite smart so afterwards when she woke up she may be able to connect the dots and realise the zoo saved her. It happens a lot in the animal kingdom, that animals who are very sick or in danger will some how notice that the interventions of man, although at first frightening, have actually saved them and they become really grateful in return. It's adorable too :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!