PDA

View Full Version : Please read. <3

cornbix
23-03-2014, 07:10 PM
As a marine mammal and animal actvist, I make it my aim to spread the message of things that happen which you may or may not be aware of. After doing my research around Habbox, I found that the following people are supportive of and have been/want to go to SeaWorld parks.

:odey:; Shockwave.2CC; McDonalds; Matts; Fifty-Six; Derrener; Futz; lawrawrrr;

By going to SeaWorld parks, you are supporting and funding keeping intelligent mammals such as the orca and bottleenose dolphin in captivity, confined in tanks 1% of what they'd naturally swim in the wild. These highly intelligent social animals are stripped from the families, forced into an un-natural stressful environment of loud music, cramped space and much more. I highly suggest you to watch the movie, Blackfish. At the bottom of the thread, I'll provide a link of a site which you can watch it on for free. It is really educational. Everyone should watch it. An interesting, award winning documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?index=1&list=PL94F41E99FBCCAB0C&v=G93beiYiE74&src_vid=AFmB99yDoNE&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_1258203325

It is really sad what goes on in dolphinariums and it helps to be educated on it so you yourself can spread the message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFmB99yDoNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAB9yn3Wn1U

Us living in the UK are extremely lucky, this inhuman cruel practise was abolished a long time ago after dozens & protests and marches, but sadly it still goes on.

If you want to learn more, here are some links:
http://www.orcaaware.org/
http://blog.sarinagito.com/2013/09/13/blackfish-documentary-watch-online/

Thanks for reading! <3 xox

Futz
23-03-2014, 07:16 PM
You should watch the documentary The Cove if you haven't already seen it, it's really good

what confuses me is how many of these people who work with these animals at seaworld still continue to work with them after realising how sad they actually are

I don't know if they're lying to themselves or just staying ignorant to it

Yawn
23-03-2014, 07:18 PM
aint no animals being stripped from their families u been brainwashed and lied to

cornbix
23-03-2014, 07:18 PM
They are fully aware. Most trainers at SeaWorld know how they animals feel, and that is why they remain to work there as they develop bonds with the orcas and worry for them as much as we do. Nobody cares more for these animals than the trainers do. But like us, there's not much we can do so they do their best for them.

I've watched The Cove, heartbreaking.

You should watch the documentary The Cove if you haven't already seen it, it's really good

what confuses me is how many of these people who work with these animals at seaworld still continue to work with them after realising how sad they actually are

I don't know if they're lying to themselves or just staying ignorant to it

Derrener
23-03-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm sorry but I've watched videos of SeaWorld and what goes on behind the scenes and stuff and they're well looked after. If they were really keeping them in captivity then something would have been done by now.

EDIT - o wait i dont think i understand. have i miss read the post

cornbix
23-03-2014, 07:26 PM
What? They are in captivity.. are you dumb

Please read the full post and vids/movie if you're this ignorant to it all. Thanks.

I'm sorry but I've watched videos of SeaWorld and what goes on behind the scenes and stuff and they're well looked after. If they were really keeping them in captivity then something would have been done by now.

FlyingJesus
23-03-2014, 07:28 PM
SeaWorld is like 3 parks in America I doubt many of us are going to frequent them

Yawn
23-03-2014, 07:29 PM

girl, captivity means they are in an enclosure. but yes the sea world whales are well looked after

cornbix
23-03-2014, 07:39 PM
End Killer Whale Captivity NOW!

sex
23-03-2014, 07:42 PM

lmfao!!!!!!!

o/t im sure they are happy its like staying in hotel :) free food and they can relax lots

cornbix
23-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Bump

Edited by e5 (Forum Super Moderator) - Please do not post pointlessly or bump threads for no reason, thanks!

Evanora
23-03-2014, 07:52 PM
i agree with u cornbix;

free willy!

cornbix
23-03-2014, 07:54 PM
wow thanks eva it means alot

i agree with u cornbix;

free willy!

lemons
23-03-2014, 08:07 PM
im really glad that you have brought this to the attention of hxf cornbix, animal cruelty is WRONG

- - - Updated - - -

i have watched blackfish + the cove they are both really sad films

Shockwave.2CC
23-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Love how the man in the first video says 'There's no record of and Orca doing any harm, in the wild'

Erm that's maybe because people don't go swimming in the middle of the ocean

Plus most the animals at seaworld are either born in captivity or saved from the ocean because they are injured or can not survive in the wild.

Blackfish is aimed at like one Orca

In response to criticism leveled at SeaWorld and other marine parks by the award-winning documentary film The Cove (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cove_(film)) which accuses them of obtaining dolphins obtained in drive hunts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin_drive_hunting), SeaWorld spokesperson Fred Jacobs stated that, "We think we're being unfairly criticized for something we're opposed to. He adds that, "SeaWorld opposes the dolphin hunts documented in The Cove. We do not purchase any animals from these hunts. More than 80 percent of the marine mammals in our care were born in our parks. We haven't collected a dolphin from the wild in decades

Yawn
23-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Love how the man in the first video says 'There's no record of and Orca doing any harm, in the wild'

Plus most the animals at seaworld are either born in captivity or saved from the ocean because they are injured or can not survive in the wild.

gd point

lemons
23-03-2014, 08:26 PM

shut the **** up shockwave i have seen your youtube video of you at seaworld and i felt sick whilst watching

- - - Updated - - -

this is a real touchy subject

Cerinacy$
23-03-2014, 08:47 PM
I cried, if I see anything like this in the news I cry. :(

iBlueBox
23-03-2014, 09:50 PM
I love this documentary, seen it when it first came out and completely agree.

I can't stand SeaWorld or most zoos for the matter of fact

cornbix
24-03-2014, 12:21 AM
It honestly sickens me knowing that Shockwave.2CC; is aware of all this yet still continues to go to SeaWorld. There's really no need for it.

cornbix
24-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Keep the comments going. What is your view on this?

Sian
24-03-2014, 10:21 PM
I honestly was quite ignorant and didn't realise how bad it was, genuinely thought it was protecting the sea animals from poachers and whalers etc. How wrong I was.

I'm all for this being stopped now, it's cruel, inhumane and totally unnecessary.

cornbix
24-03-2014, 11:13 PM
I'm glad that I've taught you something new. It's honestly a disgusting trade. They're that intelligent, they are basically slaves.

I honestly was quite ignorant and didn't realise how bad it was, genuinely thought it was protecting the sea animals from poachers and whalers etc. How wrong I was.

I'm all for this being stopped now, it's cruel, inhumane and totally unnecessary.

-Moniquee.
26-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Absolutely horrible, I remember watching a story on 60 minutes over here on the dolphin slaughtering/ trade in Japan and there was a really rare albino dolphin and it was sold to an aquarium/ sea world type equivalent and now it is in a dirty little pool which is tiny and all it does all day is swim up and down. It is so horrible and cruel, some people only think about the $$$, it breaks my heart to see what they do to these poor innocent animals.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!