PDA

View Full Version : winning the euromillions

j0rd
25-03-2014, 01:29 AM
so some lucky sod walked away with 108 million on the euromillions last week and it got me thinking what would you actually spend it on?

so, if you had 108million sitting in your account - what would you do?

Kardan
25-03-2014, 01:35 AM
Round the world trip watching all the F1 races.

Except maybe Bahrain.

And Russia.

dbgtz
25-03-2014, 01:37 AM
Tell nobody.

I wouldn't buy much to begin with in terms of commodities, probably just a few bits of technology i.e. PS4, decent PC and probably some VR ****.

With the rest, I'd probably buy some metals, housing basically things which won't make me lose money which leaving it in a bank account would. I would probably also invest a chunk in some start up businesses. I would use these businesses as an excuse later on as to when I decided to start flashing the cash and just claim I got involved early on. That way I avoid any lottery winners hassle and it makes it seem like I worked hard for my money which would be pretty much false.

Phil
25-03-2014, 02:00 AM
First thing I would do is pay for an operation someone very close to me wants. Then I'd probably just look after the family money wise, give a lot of it to different charities probably mostly cancer and children based ones. I'd pay my way through college, get a nice but not flashy car and just go about my life :P

crystaldd0
25-03-2014, 02:15 AM
Probably would spend it on nothing. Would take care of my family, but surely it would just mostly sit there until I get hungry

Derrener
25-03-2014, 07:49 AM
go back to Florida
Help the family

e5
25-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Tell nobody.

I wouldn't buy much to begin with in terms of commodities, probably just a few bits of technology i.e. PS4, decent PC and probably some VR ****.

With the rest, I'd probably buy some metals, housing basically things which won't make me lose money which leaving it in a bank account would. I would probably also invest a chunk in some start up businesses. I would use these businesses as an excuse later on as to when I decided to start flashing the cash and just claim I got involved early on. That way I avoid any lottery winners hassle and it makes it seem like I worked hard for my money which would be pretty much false.

I think the terms and conditions are that you have to do a press conference or something if you win? Not sure. I wouldn't tell anyone either.

Id start by quitting work, going to South Africa (safaris, wildlife) then look to move house, buy a villa abroad and go crazy on nights out LOL. No would probably settle down :p

scottish
25-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Give few mil to close family members

After that buy a house in Aberdeen for a few years and few high spec cars and new computer etc, completely tech out the house then chill.

I'd probably get a job or start a company out of boredom.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the terms and conditions are that you have to do a press conference or something if you win? Not sure. I wouldn't tell anyone either.

Id start by quitting work, going to South Africa (safaris, wildlife) then look to move house, buy a villa abroad and go crazy on nights out LOL. No would probably settle down :p

No you choose if you want to go public or not, if you don't they're not allowed tog ive out information on you

Absently
25-03-2014, 09:28 AM
I'd probably buy a large chunk of land and begin building my dream house. Buy a holiday home somewhere abroad. I'd bring all the people close to me on a holiday to Florida too. Buy my mum her dream house in France and pay off her mortgage. I wouldn't donate to charity's as I don't particularly trust many of them but instead I'd goto whatever country I believe needed it most and give the money while I'm there to communities etc.

Sian
25-03-2014, 10:20 AM
buy a nice little house with lots of land I could build on etc. Go on a trip around the world, buy a student house or two in winchester for my friends and ten try to invest it wisely.

Charz777
25-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Well, that clearly a money-no-object sort of win. Not like if you won 3mil and had to spend sensibly if you plan to live off that.

But 108mil. Well, the most important thing to me is having somewhere I'd love to be. So my priority would be a nice house. Quite open plan, plenty of space, with lots of windows so it's lovely and bright. Tennis court would also be a bonus. I'd sooner have the things I love or the things I want with me at home to enjoy in my own privacy. My own little luxury.

Zak
25-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Buy a house and a nice car. Maybe a few houses :P Go on holidays!

Put the rest in a bank and live off the interest?

Matt
25-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Buy multiple houses and rent them out when I'm not using them. It would be so good holy crap :(

Kardan
25-03-2014, 12:12 PM
I'd buy out Habbox.

Cerys
25-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Everything.
Like seriously I doubt that even if I did everything I ever wanted to do I'd end up spending that amount haha :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

FlyingJesus
25-03-2014, 12:17 PM
I know someone who is an ex of the guy who won it, and she's taken the classy route of going to the newspapers complaining that he's not giving her stuff

tbf I'd prob just buy lots of shoes

Kardan
25-03-2014, 12:18 PM
I know someone who is an ex of the guy who won it, and she's taken the classy route of going to the newspapers complaining that he's not giving her stuff

tbf I'd prob just buy lots of shoes

I'm guessing that's after she begged him a million times to get back with her.

Red
25-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Pack my bags and go traveling.

The Don
25-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Buy a house in Kensington and Chelsea, Buy a few cars, invest a large portion of it, start a business, buy a few houses for my family members to live in etc, put some in a trust for my nephew and also pay for him to go to a private school.

Chris
25-03-2014, 05:29 PM
I honestly wouldn't know what to do first with that amount of money. I think my top priority would be to make sure that my parents are comfortable when they retire.

Futz
25-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Sort my family out then gather all my true friends together and go on a life long world pilgrimmage, hosting parties, falling in love and killing people in the process

Ozzinator$
25-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Let's see, I wouldn't need all that money myself, so I'd hand some out evenly to all of my family. I'd then buy a few cheap houses, build them up and then sell them on after, if the price falls during the time I own it then what can I do? And ofcourse buy myself a nice pad in various places. With that amount of money I could set up my own business, preferably some kind of pet shop. I'd buy all the latest technology ofcourse, after being left with the basic stuff for years, it would be nice to be able to have these kinds of things.

I would draw up a plan of all the things i'd like to do, which countries I would love to visit and then carry that plan out. Obviously, I would leave some money for charities aswell.

And because i'm kinda stupid, I would buy various stuff for online games I play, I would buy £500 worth of creds on habbo and share them out in a Habbox giveaway ;).

I have thought about this kind of thing alot, but it doesn't seem like it would happen for me! :P.

Yawn
25-03-2014, 05:49 PM
futz's answer sounds most appealing so far

myles
25-03-2014, 07:20 PM
put 100 mill in the bank then spend 8 mil on whatever i want

lemons
25-03-2014, 07:24 PM
i don't know

i could live on 1 million let alone 108 million

Mikey
25-03-2014, 07:34 PM
I would continue with getting an education and a good job, would be bored otherwise. Would keep it quite and not get my picture taken with the big cheque and wine.

New house and car for Mum and Dad
New house and car for brother
New house for Gran
New house for mee
Buy driving lessons, pass my test and get a car
Go on some holidays
Buy some nice tech
Go into a shop and buy whatever I like and not have to worry about the price. :)

Kardan
25-03-2014, 09:23 PM
I would continue with getting an education and a good job, would be bored otherwise. Would keep it quite and not get my picture taken with the big cheque and wine.

New house and car for Mum and Dad
New house and car for brother
New house for Gran
New house for mee
Buy driving lessons, pass my test and get a car
Go on some holidays
Buy some nice tech
Go into a shop and buy whatever I like and not have to worry about the price. :)

Why would you learn to drive?

Just get a driver.

scottish
25-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Because driving a car is much better than bring driven

!:random!:!
25-03-2014, 10:34 PM
I got asked this question last week and am going to give you same answer as I did them..... Go Disney land!!!! lol id live in Disney land and eat all the American junk food :) I really don't dream big... kid at heart ;)

j0rd
25-03-2014, 11:15 PM
okok, i would:

sort each family member out, buy them a house, a nice car and give them a lump sum
pay my nieces through private education, make sure they have the nicest clothes etc.
buy myself a big local house, and one in london
build a huge garage next to my home to store all my vehicles (there would be loads)
buy lots of cars (ferrari f40, lexus lfa, skyline r34, silvia s15, nsx and a few rolls royce's)
buy/build a big gym or nightclub somewhere
start my own race team (BTCC or something)

then i would rent a nice big boat and take all my mates (and any hot females) to watch the Monaco GP
same above but have a huge motorhome and go to Le Mans & Nurburgring

take all the mates to las vegas, drink lots, buy lots of hookers and rent a few supercars to drive around in

j0rd
25-03-2014, 11:32 PM
also, i would buy every single ticket for a one direction concert and not turn up

-Moniquee.
27-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Put some into an account and make interest. The other bits I would give to medical research, funding for developing countries (building materials, adequate water supply) and I would definitely go on a world trip and buy a beach front home.

Mikey
27-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Why would you learn to drive?

Just get a driver.

Because driving a car is much better than bring driven

This exactly

Alkaz
27-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Put £100m into a bank like Coutts for 10 years and live a comfortable 10 years buying pretty much what I like and then I would share some money that I've earned.

Eric
28-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Make a hella long to do list / bucket list & start planning

Casanova
29-03-2014, 03:08 PM
The first thing I'd do is pay off all my debts.
Secondly I'd go to the most expensive area in the town I live in (houses are 250k-1.2m) and buy them up to house myself, my sister & her family, my two aunts and my closest friends. I would keep the deeds in my name and let them live rent free for their lives. I would buy my family (who I speak to, about 5 people) and all my friends a new car and book a massive round the world trip for myself and my four best friends.

I would then start a charity to help gay teens with mental health issues in Scotland. I would create an angel investment company to help young entrepeneurs (16-30) with interest free loans for 5% equity if they pay back the stake. I would start an entertainments business, a private club in Glasgow and a nightclub business.

I'm known for partying so I'll be truthful - if I won this sort of money I would die an explicit death within ten years. I would ensure a quarter of the money was in trust for my siblings offspring as I have no desire (being gay) to have children.

-Nick
03-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Pay like all future uni, get a car and a house, then invest i presume!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!