PDA

View Full Version : Israel-Palestine: What is the solution?

-:Undertaker:-
31-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Israel-Palestine: What is the solution?

http://www.thesamosa.co.uk/archive/thesamosa.co.uk/images/stories/0602_flags-israel-palestine-e1304944511171.jpg

The Israel-Palestine conflict has raged on since the 1960s and before until now, and still no agreement has been reached. Originally as in the past few hundred years, the area was mainly Arab/Islamic under the rule of the Turkish in the Ottoman Empire. After the defeat and collapse of the Ottoman Empire in World War I, the British and French Empires divided the area up between them with Britain exerting control over the area known as Transjordan or Palestine. Following World War II, Jewish settlers flocked to the area in hope of an independent state and established the only Jewish state in the world: Israel.

Since then, annexations have taken place across the area and Israel has expanded - giving the reason that more land is needed for settlement as well as the fact that all of the surrounding countries around Israel have attacked in the past, leaving Israel no choice other than to annex land for it's own protection. Others disagree with this, saying that Israel is vying for time so that it can simply annex the entire area within a few decades.

But what is the solution? A two-state solution? A federal Jewish-Arab state? The annexation of the remaining Arab areas into the Kingdom of Jordan? The entire area annexed by Israel? The entire area annexed by Palestine and Israel abolished?

There are plenty of nifty prizes to be won within this forum. Positive contributions towards official debates will sometimes be rewarded with a month's VIP subscription in a colour of your choice as part of the Top Contributor award. As well as this, reputation will be awarded throughout the debate to those who make valid and constructive posts. Those who make the best contributions within a month win the Debater of the Month award and wins themselves a month's worth of forum VIP and 10 reputation points. Finally, those who create debate topics that generate a lot of buzz and engaging discussion will receive 20 reputation points.

The debate is open to you.

karter
05-04-2014, 02:26 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h-A78cOQMRk/Ufetd8vyuQI/AAAAAAAABho/hULKjVxwQWc/s1600/israel_palestine-map-edit-1353601538.24.jpg

I am in support of two state solution - with Gaza and West Bank joined by a corridor or else Israel will continue to expand and choke out Gaza in the name of 'protecting itself'. Israel is a problematic entity whose formation itself was illegitimate. And please don't even tell me that Israel is 'forced' to expand to protect itself. Killing women, children, arresting Palestinians, forcefully sterilizing African women. You name it and this country has done it. Israel uses religion as a front for its state sponsored oppression and brutality. I would prefer the abolishment of Israel but god knows what they'll do, probably gas Palestinians, shoot more missiles into their homes.

-:Undertaker:-
05-04-2014, 02:32 PM
I am in support of two state solution - with Gaza and West Bank joined by a corridor or else Israel will continue to expand and choke out Gaza in the name of 'protecting itself'. Israel is a problematic entity whose formation itself was illegitimate. And please don't even tell me that Israel is 'forced' to expand to protect itself. Killing women, children, arresting Palestinians, forcefully sterilizing African women. You name it and this country has done it. Israel uses religion as a front for its state sponsored oppression and brutality. I would prefer the abolishment of Israel but god knows what they'll do, probably gas Palestinians, shoot more missiles into their homes.

Well considering Israel was attacked by ALL it's neighbours and their neighbours (hence it's annexation of the Golan Heights and the Egyptian Sinai - which I think it should have kept as the spoils of war) it does rightly fear for it's continued existence.

I'm not saying the formation of Israel was right either - but at the end of the day, would I rather be an Arab man/a woman/gay living in the State of Israel or would I rather live in Egypt/Jordan/Saudi Arabia/Iran/Syria or Iraq? It's a non-question really.

FlyingJesus
05-04-2014, 02:46 PM
The solution is to go back in time and not create militant countries out of nothing who claim their attacks are justified because of the retaliations

karter
05-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Israel has literally no one to fear now, it has the Iron Dome defence system, it is the top manufacturer of drones, has funded violent coups and dictatorships.

would I rather be an Arab man/a woman/gay living in the State of Israel or would I rather live in Egypt/Jordan/Saudi Arabia/Iran/Syria or Iraq?

Literally only if you're a white jew

With the exception of Syria and maybe Iraq, literally every middle eastern country is a better option for Arabs, I mean the country literally practices apartheid and colonialism in Palestinian territories and is responsible for one of the worst human rights abuses after the World War.

Egypt and Jordan seem to be better for women to live in (if they're non white jews). Women from other parts of middle east and south asia are forced into prostitution. They have forcefully sterilized Ethiopian women and do not recognize black jews as jews

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!