PDA

View Full Version : Help with computer

GoldenMerc
03-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi,

So my dad bought a computer 2 ish years ago, he doesn't do gaming and what not and in essence only uses his PC to browse looking at golf clubs, Now he went on today and now it just keeps resetting, It wont load up at all and I can't see what the problem is. I've attached a video of what its doing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LF9-OMhCds

Any ideas?
Ross

Chippiewill
03-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Faulty motherboard at a guess.

AtxP
03-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Your system isn't detecting a hard drive. Could be a hard drive problem or your motherboard is screwed.

Chippiewill
03-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Your system isn't detecting a hard drive. Could be a hard drive problem or your motherboard is screwed.

It is detecting a hard drive and the system is detecting that the hard drive thinks it's operating fine, I'm not sure I've seen many computers just show a blank screen when it can't find a boot device. However in the unlikely event that is the case then they could put a bootable disc in the CD drive.

AtxP
03-04-2014, 09:15 PM
It is detecting a hard drive and the system is detecting that the hard drive thinks it's operating fine, I'm not sure I've seen many computers just show a blank screen when it can't find a boot device. However in the unlikely event that is the case then they could put a bootable disc in the CD drive.

Yes, SATA 2 is the Hard Drive, I didn't spot this.
My friend has the same issue the other week. This turned out to be a Hard Drive problem so they said when he took it back to the store he purchased it from.

scottish
03-04-2014, 09:15 PM
It's detecting the hard drive (can see it in bios boot priority), if for any reason it was corrupt or failed to boot windows it's typically stall on a black screen with a blinking _

In any case install ubuntu or something on a USB pen and try booting from it if you want to be 100% sure (unplug your HDD while doing this as if it's the HDD hanging it'll persist even if USB pen is working).

Do you get any post indication? try reseating the components.

Try clearing CMOS

Try updating the BIOS

mrwoooooooo
03-04-2014, 10:40 PM
reseat the ram

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!