PDA

View Full Version : HK now unofficial!

zombies
04-04-2014, 05:56 PM
HabboKingdom lost official status for their fansite. Rumour is they tweeted out something slating Habbo and that they trolled the p2 birthday event.

This was also given to me:

http://i.imgur.com/lYEhxvH.png
(they were asked to be blurred out)

-Nick
04-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Thats intersting... Wasnt expecting that

lemons
04-04-2014, 06:00 PM
*surprised* :rolleyes:

Kyle
04-04-2014, 06:02 PM
who owned it

xxMATTGxx
04-04-2014, 06:26 PM
What did they actually tweet?

Plebings
04-04-2014, 07:02 PM
be interesting to hear what was tweeted, though their behaviour in the birthday event (and whichever fansite they were fighting with) was unprofessional.

Lew
04-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Hey that's right, Devy and another one of their management team were acting like idiots in the p2 event, not too sure what was tweeted though.

Michael
04-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Not sure what they tweeted, but I know they we're like ''who'd play Habbo on their 52nd birthday?'' even after being told its powertoo's HABBO birthday, not her real life one.

HabboKingdom ‏@habbokingdomuk 3h
@cowboystyle Sorry about somebody sending a horrible tweet towards the Ipad App on behalf of us, it was not a rep of our website so sorry.

lemons
04-04-2014, 07:38 PM
omg LOL they believed my thread on powertoo's clubhouse forum hahahahahhaah

da363bomb
04-04-2014, 10:05 PM
oh wow.. that is surprising to see them lose official ;o

Daltron
04-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Devy has always acted unprofessional when I have come across it. Good riddance.

sexpot
04-04-2014, 10:41 PM
from HK's forum:

It leaves me with sadness to inform you that I've had no choice but to WITHDRAW HabboKingdom as a official Habbo Fansite. I feel that the status does not benefit HabboKingdom right now. We are required to build all these events, mazes and games without any help or funding from Habbo and i just don't wish to continue doing them anymore. Been a official fansite is not a advantage anymore, all you get is a badge and then asked to slave away making these events for nothing.

Alongside that whilst we are unofficial we can focus on more things for OUR community instead of slaving around for Habbo. We have also became sick to death of other Fansite's using the official status AGAINST us, so now we have the freedom to do whatever we wish without Habbo telling us what we can and cannot do.

trying to save face probably

Puuma
04-04-2014, 11:31 PM
I think it's completely arrogant of them to COMPLAIN about having the opportunity to provide the Habbo community with fun games, mazes, and other events. If they didn't want to do such things why would they have applied in the first place knowing full well where official fansites stand on Habbo? I understand the bit about getting attacked by other fansites because sadly, we all suffer from that from time to time. Surprised to see them go, but at the same time there's plenty of other fansites out there who actually WANT to do stuff for their community.

Alongside that whilst we are unofficial we can focus on more things for OUR community instead of slaving around for Habbo.

Did they forget that "their" community is only there BECAUSE of Habbo?

Samantha
04-04-2014, 11:34 PM
I think it's completely arrogant of them to COMPLAIN about having the opportunity to provide the Habbo community with fun games, mazes, and other events. If they didn't want to do such things why would they have applied in the first place knowing full well where official fansites stand on Habbo? I understand the bit about getting attacked by other fansites because sadly, we all suffer from that from time to time. Surprised to see them go, but at the same time there's plenty of other fansites out there who actually WANT to do stuff for their community.

Did they forget that "their" community is only there BECAUSE of Habbo?

Before they got official I don't think fansites did events as much. However, I don't think it's set in stone that you HAVE to do an event. It's nice to do one and really shouldn't you want to do one to improve your image at least? I know not everyone has taken part in all of them, including us, but the Habbo staff didn't go crazy at us. If you can't do one then don't, but I agree you should want to do it!

It'd be nice if Habbo could help us out of course it would, but we provide players with events and such and the competitions Habbo creates for us anyway can provide a furniture prize which does help a bit towards it.

Puuma
04-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Before they got official I don't think fansites did events as much. However, I don't think it's set in stone that you HAVE to do an event. It's nice to do one and really shouldn't you want to do one to improve your image at least? I know not everyone has taken part in all of them, including us, but the Habbo staff didn't go crazy at us. If you can't do one then don't, but I agree you should want to do it!

It'd be nice if Habbo could help us out of course it would, but we provide players with events and such and the competitions Habbo creates for us anyway can provide a furniture prize which does help a bit towards it.

If they don't mind if you miss a few events then my opinion shifts to the fact that they are implying that Habbo staff expects them to slave for every event possible. I think there could have been a more professional and mature way to announce their leave from official status that didn't include attacking Habbo staff, or other fansites. Still sorry to see them go however, they seemed to have good potential with a decent site.

HK had donators so paying prizes/putting together events shouldn't have been an issue to them, unless of course they were pocketing everything for profit rather than to help their site grow.

Samantha
05-04-2014, 12:35 AM
If they don't mind if you miss a few events then my opinion shifts to the fact that they are implying that Habbo staff expects them to slave for every event possible. I think there could have been a more professional and mature way to announce their leave from official status that didn't include attacking Habbo staff, or other fansites. Still sorry to see them go however, they seemed to have good potential with a decent site.

HK had donators so paying prizes/putting together events shouldn't have been an issue to them, unless of course they were pocketing everything for profit rather than to help their site grow.

Well, I'm pretty sure they don't mind as well the fansites who didn't are still official at least lmao. Unless it depends on the event and time of year - like Christmas for example would maybe be more important! However, I agree if you're going to announce losing or leaving the official status then just say a decision as been made to withdraw HabboKingdom from the official status. Nothing is going to change really and we will still provide you with events to go to and a fansite to be a part of. Not say it's Habbo staff's fault as that's basically what it's saying and hiding the real reason they were removed.

Kimi
05-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Devy spent around an hour moaning to me over console yesterday about how it was unfair they got removed, as it wasn't anywhere near as serious as the reason in which the wiki site was removed, and that he was going to appeal the removal, so to see the post he has created on his forum it just adds to the fact he's been acting really immaturely, recently at least. Everyone was told how their behaviour was going to be monitored as it was a huge deal last semester of fansites, and it was something Kitchen wasn't going to deal with, and I know I've personally avoided confrontation in game because of it, but the only response I got from Devy was 'We're kids'. I'm sorry but if you're 17+ you know what's right from wrong and can surely understand how trolling events and posting negative comments reflects badly on your fansite.. As a rep he should know better, and to actively encourage his fansite followers to troll a live event is enough reason for them to lose official status. I saw it coming.

passion
05-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Every time I have seen Devy on the hotel he has caused nothing but trouble, so the decision is definitely the correct one. I did a quick search for his fansite on this forum and this was one of the top threads: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=793428 - he couldn't even keep his site secure so why anyone expected him to be anything short of fully idiotic is a surprise. Terrible fansite, terrible management, good decision from KitchenNinjette and co.

Now they just need to tell HabboExtra and HabboQuests to merge seeing as they are owned by the same person and everything will be swell.

Puuma
05-04-2014, 05:50 PM
We wasn't removed for anything to do with Powertoo's event as we spoke to her about that right after the event and had a nice little chat.

Yesterday myself and powertoo was discussing this ipad thing and a member of our staff went onto our twitter replying to a tweet saying that it was pathetic that they hyped us up for that. Powertoo mentioned this to me saying people are unhappy and are questioning our status over a tweet on a UNOFFICIAL HabboKingdom twitter so this blew the last straw for me so i told them to stuff it.

When we did our fansite weekend we i spend 1000's of credits to create the room and never for a well done or a thank you or anything. You need to remember Powertoo and Kitchen get paid FULL time to create and host these kind of events. I'm not spending all my time and credits on a event that nobody respects just for a badge? I would ratha spend my time providing for HabboKingdom's community instead of HabboQuests and the odd habbo.
Also what i mean by the badge / status as back in the days of like 2009 official was worth something, now it isn't because every site gets it. That is clearly reflected on HabboExta getting it isn't it?

This was posted by Devy on our forum earlier. It seems super bitter to me which only leads me to think that all of the things he's spewing about asking for removal is all lies. Whether or not they asked to be removed or were forcefully removed from official, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say come back when you grow up a little bit, and stop hacking your loyal members.

zombies
05-04-2014, 09:29 PM
LMAO i was just invited into a call with devy for making this thread. i don't think this 15 year old gonna be affecting me anytime soon! :rolleyes:

GommeInc
05-04-2014, 10:28 PM
To be fair he/they has/have a point. Official Status doesn't particularly mean anything these days...

Liam
05-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Well isn't that unfortunate.. /sarcasm

Rachel
05-04-2014, 10:51 PM
I knew Devy since ages now and even worked for him but left due to his immaturity. This doesn't surprise me at all really. I am not being rude or anything but he should of known better anyways.

Devy
10-04-2014, 12:38 AM
Well this has been blown out of context.

Firstly in regards to the tweet, no tweet was actually sent by / from HabboKingdom and it was somebody who gained access to the twitter. In no way was we removed off official because of what happened in powertoo's even as she is fully aware of the situation and why things was said and laughed it off.

When we made the thread we was under the impression that they removed us because we told them to when they was making threats to remove over some tweet that was removed right away and a full investigation was carried out in regards to that. After speaking to Powertoo and Matilda we came to the constitution that a tweet / tweets that was sent out from a account that wasn't even a OFFICIAL HabboKingdom twitter was what effected our status.

The twitter account was made by a community remember as a fan twitter or some sort and it was sent from that. So i'm aware all the first tweet said was it called the new IPAD application announcement pathetic or something.

We was also targeted by kitchen because we missed a fansite event and the brought it up a full times. What we mean about the funding is the fact Habbo staff (Powertoo, kitchen + more) get PAID full time to do exactly what we was doing and they was expecting these massive and expensive rooms at very short notice and also when we did our fansite weekend they never said well done or thank you. Is all this money and effort really work it for a 10% traffic boost for a hour or 2 and a nice little red badge?

Not really.

- - - Updated - - -

Every time I have seen Devy on the hotel he has caused nothing but trouble, so the decision is definitely the correct one. I did a quick search for his fansite on this forum and this was one of the top threads: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=793428 - he couldn't even keep his site secure so why anyone expected him to be anything short of fully idiotic is a surprise. Terrible fansite, terrible management, good decision from KitchenNinjette and co.

Now they just need to tell HabboExtra and HabboQuests to merge seeing as they are owned by the same person and everything will be swell.

All forums have their ups and downs in terms to security, however we very quickly resolved the issue and many months after it has not happened again. I've know many fansite's have the same issue as it is a exploit within vBulletin software that we cannot fix ourselves. We always take very strict safety measures to ensure the best security, however through our early days sometimes it did slip.

Puuma
10-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Well this has been blown out of context.

Firstly in regards to the tweet, no tweet was actually sent by / from HabboKingdom and it was somebody who gained access to the twitter. In no way was we removed off official because of what happened in powertoo's even as she is fully aware of the situation and why things was said and laughed it off.

When we made the thread we was under the impression that they removed us because we told them to when they was making threats to remove over some tweet that was removed right away and a full investigation was carried out in regards to that. After speaking to Powertoo and Matilda we came to the constitution that a tweet / tweets that was sent out from a account that wasn't even a OFFICIAL HabboKingdom twitter was what effected our status.

The twitter account was made by a community remember as a fan twitter or some sort and it was sent from that. So i'm aware all the first tweet said was it called the new IPAD application announcement pathetic or something.

We was also targeted by kitchen because we missed a fansite event and the brought it up a full times. What we mean about the funding is the fact Habbo staff (Powertoo, kitchen + more) get PAID full time to do exactly what we was doing and they was expecting these massive and expensive rooms at very short notice and also when we did our fansite weekend they never said well done or thank you. Is all this money and effort really work it for a 10% traffic boost for a hour or 2 and a nice little red badge?

Not really.

- - - Updated - - -

All forums have their ups and downs in terms to security, however we very quickly resolved the issue and many months after it has not happened again. I've know many fansite's have the same issue as it is a exploit within vBulletin software that we cannot fix ourselves. We always take very strict safety measures to ensure the best security, however through our early days sometimes it did slip.

I wish you all the best with your site and everything, but fansites are exactly what it says... fan...sites... and with Habbo promoting your FANSITE you are lucky. You can't expect pay? Or even anything better than a badge... It's 150% a privilege to have your fansite featured on Habbo and to have YOUR work (events) featured as well.

Devy
10-04-2014, 01:43 AM
I wish you all the best with your site and everything, but fansites are exactly what it says... fan...sites... and with Habbo promoting your FANSITE you are lucky. You can't expect pay? Or even anything better than a badge... It's 150% a privilege to have your fansite featured on Habbo and to have YOUR work (events) featured as well.

Yes i know and we loved doing the events but there's more to it but that's between our staff. I enjoyed doing the events but meh it's not helpful when our site isn't mainly based on in client events as such and we are working on expanding that.

Puuma
10-04-2014, 01:54 AM
Yes i know and we loved doing the events but there's more to it but that's between our staff. I enjoyed doing the events but meh it's not helpful when our site isn't mainly based on in client events as such and we are working on expanding that.

Well good luck with everything, you can only go up from here =)

Michael
10-04-2014, 02:42 PM
personally don't think they'll get official back, well not till the next round of applications at least

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!