PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Staff these days.

iBlueBox
04-04-2014, 11:49 PM
A lot of habbos think that habbo isn't what it used to be, that theres no community. But I would say since Powertoo came along and now with all other members of staff, including developers that habbo staff are much more involved in the game and that there is a sense of community. I would even go as far as saying Habbo staff are now more involved than ever.

What are your thoughts on habbo staff today?

Samantha
04-04-2014, 11:55 PM
The community feel has definitely improved since Paul LaFontaine left, he didn't get stuck in like others did. Once he left, when I believe Puffin was still there she got involved as well and now the staff do too. They actually are interested in fansites too and take them seriously, hence we've seen the removal of a few off of the official list (which she warned us about in the meetings).

The competitions are involving the community more to an extent too, and Habbo Stories I believe has helped this as well! It's nice to be able to give your ideas on there, and actually get them viewed by staff too. Also, the fact that the staff now do events on Client is a great improvement.

lemons
04-04-2014, 11:58 PM
improved since Paul LaFontaine left, he didn't get stuck in like others did

well for a CEO of a huge company he was constantly tweeting thousands of habbos so i'd say he got stuck in A LOT

who is the current ceo?? :s

Puuma
05-04-2014, 12:04 AM
well for a CEO of a huge company he was constantly tweeting thousands of habbos so i'd say he got stuck in A LOT

Not to mention insulting Habbo's and blocking them for asking genuine questions. He was terrible.

They seem to be working hard to improve the image that he tarnished for the entire company.

lemons
05-04-2014, 12:06 AM
paul la fo used my bacon edit of him as his twitter avi so he is forever in my heart <3

Yawn
05-04-2014, 12:13 AM
staff atm are gr8

mrcroissant just today came for a private tour around comitys skl

Samantha
05-04-2014, 12:16 AM

Yeah he tweeted who he wanted and the main way to get him to reply to you was to tweet about something so pointless like what you had for breakfast. For actual Habbo problems he was rarely available, especially when other means of contacting Habbo staff weren't possible at the time. He wasn't completely useless, and everyone has their good points, but he was a CEO of a massive game - he should have been on Client, getting the staff to improve the community and such (not say fansites we're pointless or whatever it was) and not try to move Habbo onto Twitter more as it wasn't needed. I respect your opinion though, I guess we just saw different sides of him.

lemons
05-04-2014, 12:20 AM
him being on twitter was a bad idea anyway he opened himself up to abuse

Samantha
05-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Lmao yeah, it sort of made him an easy target too as players could tweet him directly 24/7 whereas if he had just stuck to other means like most of the staff you might not even get a reply :P.

Alkaz
05-04-2014, 01:13 AM
It is good that they're more involved than they used to. I still feel that there are too many staff changes to feel like they're properly getting involved. When you had staff who were around for years and you had the same staff around the hotel you knew them better and I think that sense has been lost. Having said that, I think it's great they're finally listening to Habbos opinions.

Plebings
05-04-2014, 03:53 AM
the staff involvement has been superb, my main issue is the way they handle events. remember when they supposedly stopped client events because it was exclusive to only habbos in the room? i didn't see that as a fair argument, but now it's even worse!

9/10 events rely on staff picking people out of an audience, have they never heard of a queue? locked rooms? we saw powertoo host quite a few games for her birthday, if you're so against bias picks, let everyone participate, that way we might not judge you for which habbos you pick. she definitely hosted enough games to satisfy a 50 limit room.

also want to point out that the hosting skills are still lacking.

Red
05-04-2014, 03:56 AM
I think they are doing a good job atm! all on the up since paul la monstrosity left, and he left the hotel in a bad way! Haven't used habbo as much but when I have I've seen quite a bit of mod interaction and there seems to be a good variety of competitions. None of that stupid automatic voting system either.

Kyle
05-04-2014, 04:27 AM
Paul's desperate want to involve himself in the public sphere as CEO of a company was his ultimate downfall. He took recommendations from staff suckups blinded by nostalgia in bringing the guide system/talent track into the hotel and it was a huge flop, he blocked users that disagreed with his outlandish choices and really his stint on twitter was just a way for him to massage his ego and throw his weight around. He essentially tore the place apart and binned longstanding, dedicated - and actually useful - staff. It's been an arduous process but with good leadership and backing/cooperation of Elisa, Sulake is beginning to build itself back up as a respectable online brand and I believe the community focus is the main reason.

Glad the current CEO is delegating properly and keeping away from the public eye. Good job, finnish-guy-whose-name-I-don't-know! Community staff interaction is the way forward... or backward, since it's how things USED to be done ANYWAY. Habbo stories competitions, allowing members of public to create rooms and events for others to enjoy, in-client events hosted by staff. Habbo is on the way back up to being the perfect online community with some of the best staff. Let's just have a little less favourtism and we'll be there.

cameron354
05-04-2014, 09:04 AM
I agree with others that at the moment staff interaction is pretty good. After Paul left I have definitely noticed that the community team have been more involved. I remember that while Paul was the CEO (probably around 2012), I don't think there was any community staff at all for habbo.com. Also, the moderators were never in rooms and didn't even go to inappropriate rooms that have been reported. Now, even the moderators come into the welcome lounge periodically and I've seen a few actually talking now (since they've been allowed to talk for the past few months).

Coryza
05-04-2014, 12:43 PM
You do all have to take in mind that when Paul LaFo stepped in, it was an extraordinary difficult time. As he says on LinkedIn "Responsible for business performance of Sulake Oy. Led company through restructuring, strengthening and media scrutiny. Ended with company on stable footing and bright future.".

dbgtz
05-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Improving? Yes. More than ever? No, how can you even think that. Back in 05-07 you could find most staff come on a daily basis and you could actually properly interact with the MODs, rather than them just ignoring you and giving you pre-set warnings.

Kardan
05-04-2014, 01:05 PM
No way are staff more involved than ever, there was way more staff presence back in the days of Lost_Witness.

Hidden
05-04-2014, 01:55 PM
the staff aren't robots anymore, p2 was cool and nice, waltz and kitchen tho are sasstastic and have great personalities.

Red
05-04-2014, 02:43 PM
You do all have to take in mind that when Paul LaFo stepped in, it was an extraordinary difficult time. As he says on LinkedIn "Responsible for business performance of Sulake Oy. Led company through restructuring, strengthening and media scrutiny. Ended with company on stable footing and bright future.".

He is full of ****. That 'extraordinary difficult time' was completely self inflicted. He ignored complaints that moderators weren't up to scratch, just denied when the help tool was hacked along with many other security breaches, handled the whole c4 thing poorly. Laid off most of the staff. I can't think of one positive thing he implemented. Any features he brought back was like a poor half attempt. eg brought homepages back but useless without guestbooks, bought events back but then you charge for them rendering them useless. I deffo wouldn't say they were on stable footing when he left lmao

Okeanos
05-04-2014, 03:55 PM
if only they had better comp prizes i would be happy.

No way are staff more involved than ever, there was way more staff presence back in the days of Lost_Witness.

BS. it was lost_witness who ruined competitions, the pop list, the newsie... everything.

UrbanThesaurus
05-04-2014, 04:23 PM
if only they had better comp prizes i would be happy.

BS. it was lost_witness who ruined competitions, the pop list, the newsie... everything.

BSSSSSSS Lost_Witness is a habbo legend m8

Liam
05-04-2014, 04:30 PM
I can't really comment on the staff "these days" because I haven't been on Habbo for around 2/3 years. I logged on a few days ago and Habbo defiantly seems to have gone down hill loads. And I'm assuming that that's the staffs fault.

cameron354
05-04-2014, 04:53 PM
He is full of ****. That 'extraordinary difficult time' was completely self inflicted. He ignored complaints that moderators weren't up to scratch, just denied when the help tool was hacked along with many other security breaches, handled the whole c4 thing poorly. Laid off most of the staff. I can't think of one positive thing he implemented. Any features he brought back was like a poor half attempt. eg brought homepages back but useless without guestbooks, bought events back but then you charge for them rendering them useless. I deffo wouldn't say they were on stable footing when he left lmao

Community staff is one good thing he brought back, or at least claimed to. I remember that a few weeks before he left he mentioned on his twitter feed something about that he has brought back community staff. This would make sense as after he went Powertoo and Beeches slowly started to introduce themselves and do events.

Red
05-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Community staff is one good thing he brought back, or at least claimed to. I remember that a few weeks before he left he mentioned on his twitter feed something about that he has brought back community staff. This would make sense as after he went Powertoo and Beeches slowly started to introduce themselves and do events.

lmao doubtful. He thought it was a waste of time for staff to be judging comps so brought in the automatic system etc. and the huge staff lay offs happened under him.

Kyle
06-04-2014, 01:01 AM
I can't really comment on the staff "these days" because I haven't been on Habbo for around 2/3 years. I logged on a few days ago and Habbo defiantly seems to have gone down hill loads. And I'm assuming that that's the staffs fault.
In what ways do you think it has gone downhill?

Must remember that it was under Paul's leadership that community staff were laid off in droves and the only ones that remained after he left were puffin/fozzie etc. powertoo has only recently begun to grasp the English language and outsourcing moderation was done under Paul too. He drove it into the ground and hose to listen to select members I the community for suggestions then twist them to fit his own agenda. Paul has a talent for making money, I will give him that, but he cannot properly sustain a website with community at its heart and made too many sacrifices for the sake of pulling short term figures. The Finns have always been the best ones at running sulake, leave it to them I say!

~~from phone

Liva
06-04-2014, 06:19 AM
I remember the AU hotel before the merge was better than it is now..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!