PDA

View Full Version : What pulls at your heartstrings the most?

-:Undertaker:-
06-04-2014, 06:14 PM
A simple question, what pulls on your heartstrings the most and makes you sad the easiest?

I have to say that stories or anything to do with old people being mistreated makes me wanna sob. Hate it.

You?

Thread moved by Calum0812 (Forum Moderator) from 'Discuss Anything' as I feel it is better suited here!

MKR&*42
06-04-2014, 06:18 PM
I second the old people thing.

Also this is weird, but whenever pets die on a film or IRL, like any pet at all. If I read a story of someone being saved by their dog (somehow idk how ok) but their dog dies in the process, then I will jus be on the floor in tears.

wixard
06-04-2014, 06:21 PM
yes old people i really don't want to bring it up again but that old man that got run over when he was sitting on a bench eating an icecream!!!!! :'(

other than that ugh i dunno, i'm not exactly the worlds most emotional person. i don't get upset over death/tragedy of those close to me but if i watched something sad in a movie i could cry

Liam
06-04-2014, 06:23 PM
I second the old people thing.

Also this is weird, but whenever pets die on a film or IRL, like any pet at all. If I read a story of someone being saved by their dog (somehow idk how ok) but their dog dies in the process, then I will jus be on the floor in tears.
This.

lemons
06-04-2014, 06:27 PM
there are lots of sad stories on dailymail which make me want to cry

Lewis
06-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Anything that's sad such as that news thing on an old woman get swung around by freaks. :(

Old people make me the most sad.

Futz
06-04-2014, 06:59 PM
animal death

and getting 500 days of summered

Empired
06-04-2014, 07:05 PM
It's just animals for me, particularly dogs. I suppose it's because they're usually in accidents that weren't their fault but they still get hurt for it.

Yawn
06-04-2014, 07:30 PM
cute animals suffering
cute old ppl suffering
having to move from my bed in the morning

Derrener
06-04-2014, 07:33 PM
the old people thing.
animals suffering

buttons
06-04-2014, 07:40 PM
kids dropping ice cream, i feel for them ugh
also watching ppl get scammed eg the real hustle not habbo

Empired
06-04-2014, 08:08 PM
kids dropping ice cream, i feel for them ugh
OH THIS

I watched a kid drop an orange (ice) lollipop once and then they just stood there looking at it as it melted on the pavement as they were trying not to cry and it just made me so sad inside

dbgtz
06-04-2014, 08:17 PM
In all honesty, the fact my dog is no longer around. Been like 6 years and I still can't quite get over it (which is really bad in so many ways) but lol. The only other thing is hearing certain people cry but that's like a distant 2nd.

buttons
06-04-2014, 08:32 PM
OH THIS

I watched a kid drop an orange (ice) lollipop once and then they just stood there looking at it as it melted on the pavement as they were trying not to cry and it just made me so sad inside
there is a video of me around 2.5 yr old n i had dropped ice cream on the floor and was trying to pick it up and whilst i was trying to pick it up the rest of the icecream still on the cone was falling off, they videoed cause it was funny but i thought it was quite sad :( would lit buy an ice cream for any kid who dropped theirs

Absently
06-04-2014, 08:37 PM
I can get quite emotional with anything to do with animals suffering, it really gets to me :( or whenever I'm studying about horrific things that happened to people in the past :'( literally can't handle it

Sian
06-04-2014, 10:14 PM
animal cruelty

FlyingJesus
06-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Genuine disappointment like that's why the ice cream thing is so sad because they get so excited about it and then it's just gone and ahhhhhhh

Charz777
06-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Helplessness. When someone is desperate and trying and struggling but failing. I can't bear it. I just feel so awful for them that I cry.

I remember seeing a Formula 1 clip (and I forget who the driver was now) where the driver died in a fire in his race car after the crash. And at first, only one other person attempts to help. He tries to get him from the car and then tries to push the car back over to get him out and the poor guy is so desperate. When watching the clip I feel more sorry for the guy helping than the driver who died (which sounds bad, I know). But I just felt so bad for the guy, he was putting in everything to save the driver and just couldn't succeed. I can imagine him screaming and crying in frustration.

(Also, Cast Away, losing Wilson. His failed determination and desperation to get Wilson back. Painful :( )

Also, I guess it's selfish, but I get choked up if I'm watching anything where I can imagine myself in that position.

Even if it's fictional.

Like a girl loses the love of her life in a tragic accident, I think, 'what if that was me, what if I was that girl? Alone and heartbroken and devastated.' I really over-think these things. I guess it all comes back to fear with me though.

Shockwave.2CC
07-04-2014, 02:39 AM
Watching things that I miss and when films have a sad ending

Zak
07-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Tear-jerking films! :(

Daltron
09-04-2014, 06:12 AM
Seeing animals being hurt :(

Zelda
10-04-2014, 04:57 PM
animal cruelty and animals being hurt definitely, makes me laugh when meat eaters say that really hurts them though.

death scenes also do a lot, especially ones like snapes

all sorts of love stuff does too in films and real life too, normally can have me in tears really quickly

-:Undertaker:-
10-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Baby ducks also make me wanna weep, so cute.

ARTPOP
10-04-2014, 11:32 PM
chinese fur farms

Red
10-04-2014, 11:38 PM
seeing homeless people especially when its winter

geo
11-04-2014, 10:27 AM
the animal thing, the kids dropping ice cream, the old people suffering

Gina
11-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Baby ducks also make me wanna weep, so cute.
om hiya am glad you agree

and them sad films and stuff lmao i was lit crying my eyes out for 3hrs at the film heidi if any of you have ever seen it ;l i was sat with a towel crying a sea of tears
animal stuff tooo yeh like cruelty as other people said
and yeh like kirst said with the homeless people in winter i feel really bad for them
recently i found out some really nice 'homeless' guy i spoke to wasnt even homeless though lol i used to always have convos with him and stroke his dog and give him my spare change so i was like oh :( here (http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/10882710._Homeless__HSBC_beggar_exposed_as_fraudst er_living_in_Surbiton_flat/)

Empired
11-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Oh oh oh I thought of the main one 'cause I was discussing it with my mum a couple of days ago.

I get so sad whenever I see helium balloons floating in the sky on their own because I just imagine a little child crying somewhere because they let go of their balloon :'( Kinda similar to the ice cream one but yeah

Americanozz
11-04-2014, 11:25 PM
For those of you who watched that sport relief show and that clip of the man was on there talking about how is wife had Alzheimer's and not long after died in his arms.. and then he started crying :( This was one of the saddest things I've seen, I cant stand seeing old people upset :(

Eric
12-04-2014, 03:24 AM
People with cancer :(

karter
12-04-2014, 11:16 AM
old people, women, animals and children suffering

-Moniquee.
12-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Animals suffering - I watched The Cove a few weeks ago and cried so much, people are so cruel :/
Innocent kids getting hurt - Mainly the things people are capable of doing to innocent children. If you look up the Daniel Morcombe case you will get me.
Also, people who have a terminal illness especially young children who haven't had a chance to explore the world. I couldn't think of much worse than knowing you only have weeks to live :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!