PDA

View Full Version : Young Mothers..

Americanozz
08-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Okay so I don't have a massive problem with young mothers or anything like that although I still think they should wait until they're older.. But I was doing some research on youngest birth mothers and found something quite weird and disturbing..

There was this girl that was only 5 years and 7 months old.. she had precocious puberty which is when hormone glands are activated earlier than normal. Her father was arrested for sexual abuse and imprisoned, but later released for minimal evidence. The biological father was not identified but there are suspicions that it was her father.

This is so weird and wrong.. just that a 5 year old could give birth. My sister is 10 and I just could never imagine that.

Thread moved by Calum0812 (Forum Moderator) from 'Discuss Anything' as I feel it is better suited here!

TheJokerEffect
08-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Okay so I don't have a massive problem with young mothers or anything like that although I still think they should wait until they're older.. But I was doing some research on youngest birth mothers and found something quite weird and disturbing..

There was this girl that was only 5 years and 7 months old.. she had precocious puberty which is when hormone glands are activated earlier than normal. Her father was arrested for sexual abuse and imprisoned, but later released for minimal evidence. The biological father was not identified but there are suspicions that it was her father.

This is so weird and wrong.. just that a 5 year old could give birth. My sister is 10 and I just could never imagine that.

Holy Hell! I don't know what to say to this :/ Sounds disgusting to me,

Jurv
08-04-2014, 12:52 PM
hm i try not to judge but i hate it when i see teenage parents, especially if they're still in school. i think it's better to have children once you've finished education and have a clear idea of who you are and what you want to do with your life. if you know for certain that you want to be a mother, fair enough, but leave it til you're a little older

Sian
08-04-2014, 12:56 PM
aye, it's horrible of anyone under 16/sexual maturity have kids, 9/10 times it ruins their productive organs and can never have anymore children.

All I think is that people need to wait until they are ready, physically, psychologically and have a stable home/ stable income.

David
08-04-2014, 02:59 PM
but leave it til you're a little older

All I think is that people need to wait

accidents happen you know

karter
08-04-2014, 03:02 PM
i think it was the girl's grandfather who got her pregnant
the world is ****** up

Empired
08-04-2014, 03:43 PM
I know there was a girl at my secondary school that got pregnant in year 11 because she wanted to get out of GCSE's (didn't work). That just made me feel sick, I don't know what happened to the baby but I hope it isn't with her.

Cerys
08-04-2014, 03:47 PM
A girl in my year is due to give birth on the date of our law exam...could turn into a stupidly interesting exam for us all xD

I don't disagree with it as accidents happen but at this age I'd not even put myself into the position where a risk like that could happen.

(She's keeping the baby btw - met the father while on holiday so yeah there's no proper dad for it)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

crystaldd0
08-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Most young mothers get pregnant by accident. That's what happens when you think you're grown and open your legs at a young age. It's quite unfortunate really. Most my friends have children now, and I'm only 19. My oldest childhood friend had her first child at age 14. We have schools here specially for teen mothers. I believe back when I was in high school one of my friends who went there was telling about how they had an 11 year old girl there that was pregnant.

Charz777
08-04-2014, 09:55 PM
I find it very difficult to be nice about this topic, but I have to remember that some young people don't always get the best sex education, or have the common sense to practice safe sex.

I don't think kids should have sex, and I mean anyone under 16.

I think EVERYONE should receive proper sex ed and know the risks. Also, everyone should know their options should an accident occur, because even the most responsible people can have their methods fail.

Kids shouldn't have kids.

People (any age) shouldn't have children if they aren't financially stable.

I guess mainly, I wish young people understood that you don't have to open your legs to be popular, or get far in life. Not just girls, but boys too seem to think there is some pressure to have sex. Well, I never felt that and I wish everyone else had an easy time of it like I did.

I don't know, I guess it's tricky. And I suppose some people are just ****** and want to be... I don't know :/

I'm big on responsibility, that's all :/

Daltron
09-04-2014, 06:13 AM
that is so messed up..

Matt
09-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Eugh that's gross. When I was in Year 9 I knew someone in Year 8 who had a 20 something year old boyfriend and he'd gotten her pregnant. Although we moved countries so I never got to see if she had the kid or not.

Bankai90
09-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Eugh that's gross. When I was in Year 9 I knew someone in Year 8 who had a 20 something year old boyfriend and he'd gotten her pregnant. Although we moved countries so I never got to see if she had the kid or not.

Whoa really? Kids nowadays had their puberty at a really young age, especially the girls. And also having that kind of unhealthy relationship at a young age, that's just messed up.

Liva
09-04-2014, 12:28 PM
I think it should depend on the person's maturity and not necessarily their age, although you know that some ages seem ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zak
09-04-2014, 01:14 PM
That's a strange story. I thought by young you meant like 15-16.

My friend has a baby at 19 but that's because she had to have one soon or she would lose the ability to reproduce.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!