PDA

View Full Version : Guides to be chopped

Hidden
09-04-2014, 11:22 AM
All fansites got an email saying they're not allowed to do guides for certain events, including easter.

Thought you should all know that guides will be cut down making some sites pointless for the most part, also meaning that you can EARN badges.

sex
09-04-2014, 11:28 AM
All fansites got an email saying they're not allowed to do guides for certain events, including easter.

Thought you should all know that guides will be cut down making some sites pointless for the most part, also meaning that you can EARN badges.
HA HA HA HA HABBOQUESTS
GOOD!

Inseriousity.
09-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Any specific criteria that means you can't have a guide for x but you can for y.

Hidden
09-04-2014, 11:35 AM
She just noted that they can't create events that they tell them they can't. So far easter and 1 more (not sure if its a secret?) but yeah haha.

Michael
09-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Great news!

Tyler
09-04-2014, 11:37 AM
fml i hate this. I cba googling for telephrase answers when the damn question is "Name a color"

Puuma
09-04-2014, 12:01 PM
NO official fansite shall make a guide of another official fansite's game/maze/telephrase. So, for the Easter campaign, there are to be NO guides made for any other site's official easter event.

It seems that only official fansite events and other certain events that staff request will not have guides. I'm sure there will still be plenty of events/quests for guide based sites to focus on.

Daltron
09-04-2014, 12:25 PM
What if users not affiliated with working for the fansite created a guide. ie me on Habbox Forum? Would it be taken down?

zombies
09-04-2014, 12:38 PM
good news!

lemons
09-04-2014, 12:42 PM
well habboquests doesn't really serve a purpose now does it

:(

Kyle
09-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Frankly this will harm them. People are keen to make difficult mazes for their fan site events in order to make the badges 'rarer' and more difficult to obtain, so the only people we will see with awards from the fan site events in future are event creators, their close friends, and active members of their respective communities. Not To mention the fact that a large number of the current official fan site list uses guides for 80%+ of their content.

~~from phone

Tyrell
09-04-2014, 12:50 PM
What if users not affiliated with working for the fansite created a guide. ie me on Habbox Forum? Would it be taken down?

I hope that'd be fine. I live for quest guides, otherwise I don't even realise that there are new events.

- - - Updated - - -

+ bye @ HabboQuests

Samantha
09-04-2014, 12:52 PM
To those wondering, I believe if it's not for a fansite event specifically, then you are welcome to write the guides for it. I wasn't at the most recent fansite meeting where this was discussed as I had work and the other was postponed, but I know lawrawrrr; attended. So, if someone had a game weekend that could be completed with a badge then it'd be fine to write about it.

Hidden
09-04-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure about posting them on official fansite forums, probably could be a rule breech that the fansite staff will need to look over.

Mr-Trainor
09-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Yeah I was going to say that, plus what about unofficial fansites? I could just write a guide myself and have it on my website?

lawrawrrr
09-04-2014, 01:01 PM
We had a discussion and all the reps attending agreed to not publish official fansite's event guides - everyone, even HQ staff.

on phone xx

-Nick
09-04-2014, 01:03 PM
So basically, if we post a guide for another fansite? and they can not have it taken down? what happens?

Hidden
09-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Unofficial fansites are free to post guides as Habbo technically have no control over them. Forums haven't been mentioned in the email so I'm assuming it classed everything to do with official fansites. Although a user posting it instead of a staff could be warned with deletion or left acceptable, would need to be checked.

Kardan
09-04-2014, 01:29 PM
So looks like unofficial fansites will have the guides, and looks like they'll be getting a lot more attention over Easter!

jorsian
09-04-2014, 01:35 PM
This begs the question "why was HabboQuests made official to begin with?".

Clearly the staff knew HabboQuests' main, if not sole purpose, was to provide the community with answers to events/mazes/quests. The site is absolutely useless now.

zombies
09-04-2014, 02:21 PM
They did it anyway!

http://habboquests.com/articles/415-easter-quest:-anybody-there?

Hidden
09-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Just easter fansite events, I think it's okay with the daily quests.

Sandoo
09-04-2014, 04:14 PM
HabboQuests is allowed to post guides as long as they aren't fansite events, the guides they're posting now are fine.

e5
09-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Why make a fansite official and then not allow guides lol .. Or didn't they

Puuma
09-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Why make a fansite official and then not allow guides lol .. Or didn't they

It's just official fansite events and other official events that Kitchen requests not to have a guide on. I think guides on mazes are ridiculous anyway... There's a little something called INSTRUCTIONS. Quest guides are useful, so I'm sure they'll continue to focus on those and other possible badge events? I dunno.

xxMATTGxx
09-04-2014, 06:43 PM
They did it anyway!

http://habboquests.com/articles/415-easter-quest:-anybody-there?

That specific guide is allowed under the new rules.

- NO official fansite shall make a guide of another official fansite´s game/maze/telephrase. So, for the Easter campaign, there are to be NO guides made for any other site´s official Easter event.

- Special requests from staff regarding official events to NOT have guides must also be honoured. Basically meaning if we are putting up something official and we make a request for a guide NOT to be made, it should not be made.

Inseriousity.
09-04-2014, 06:56 PM
If I owned HabboQuests I wouldn't really see the point of being official anyway unless they've branched out into events etc (I've never really looked tbh).
Is 'special requests' going to be everything Habbo does then, I can see it going that way.

Puuma
09-04-2014, 07:14 PM
If I owned HabboQuests I wouldn't really see the point of being official anyway unless they've branched out into events etc (I've never really looked tbh).
Is 'special requests' going to be everything Habbo does then, I can see it going that way.

I'm sure they will be provided with events that they are able to guides on.

I wonder if they would pull out of official status if that were the case, though.

Tyrell
14-04-2014, 11:41 AM
I'm sure a new one will open up. I hope HabboQuests at least still posts that there are new quests. I'd never know otherwise beause I rarely read the info on the habbo.com homepage

Michael
14-04-2014, 03:44 PM
habboquests made an article to their own maze with telephrase answers HA-HA-HA

Hidden
14-04-2014, 04:20 PM
they're also now not allowed to do guides for Builders at work events, looks like their site is becoming more and more pointless everyday as an official status.

Kyle
14-04-2014, 04:25 PM
sites are allowed to publish guides for their own official events, just not those of other sites - right?

xxMATTGxx
14-04-2014, 05:30 PM
sites are allowed to publish guides for their own official events, just not those of other sites - right?

Technically they didn't say you couldn't make a guide about your OWN event. Although seeing as the event is joint with another fansite then you could say 50/50 but it's not clear on that.

Hidden
14-04-2014, 05:38 PM
It says on the email/quote matt posted 'OTHER' fansites so yeah I guess your own is fine.

Daltron
14-04-2014, 11:08 PM
They should become unofficial and post all guides. This ruins the entire point of their fansite and they are going to lose interest fast if they continue this..

UrbanThesaurus
15-04-2014, 10:50 PM
im for this and all for earnin badges but i also cannot be arsed searchin for answers for stupid telephrase - lets be honest telephrase is a part in every maze

i h8 telephrase lol

Hidden
15-04-2014, 11:13 PM
Well these easter fansites events have done well without guides, so this just proves that nobody cares for them really. They only use them because they're there.

Daltron
16-04-2014, 04:48 AM
Well these easter fansites events have done well without guides, so this just proves that nobody cares for them really. They only use them because they're there.

Just because people are still participating doesn't indicate nobody cares for the guides. I appreciate a guide and still have fun following it along to earn a badge. Do you have some sort of vendetta with HabboQuests?

karter
16-04-2014, 07:43 AM
good i'm tired of habbo nerds who do nothing

Zak
16-04-2014, 08:24 AM
It's a shame my maze couldn't promote a badge (I'm not sure how this whole badge thing works).. now that badge would be rare :P

Hidden
16-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Just because people are still participating doesn't indicate nobody cares for the guides. I appreciate a guide and still have fun following it along to earn a badge. Do you have some sort of vendetta with HabboQuests?

Just stating the obvious, if people are doing it without guides. Then they obviously don't need one they just choose to use one because they're lazy, everybody knows that.

No point ruining the fun for everybody by placing a guide, I mean look at the titanic quest. You're meant to go through corridors to find john after visiting the captain who then tells you to go to the seabed. However the answer was posted and people just went there, talk about someones hard work gone to waste.

AgentJasonRock
18-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Habboquests can just declare theirselves unofficial fansite and they are free! lelz

LiquidLuck.
20-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Why do you do this to us Habbo! :'( This is good news for the quest lovers that do anything to get the badge, but for me who cannot be bothered, I need to rely on guides to get the badges I want haha

Tyrell
25-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Somebody needs to make their own unofficial quest answers site. I would do it but I'm floppy at mazes so would never get answers on time...

plz someone here volunteer

ARTPOP
25-04-2014, 04:09 PM
thank god!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!