PDA

View Full Version : Up to 20 students stabbed at a US High School.

Samantha
09-04-2014, 01:30 PM
As many as 20 students have been stabbed at a high school in the US state of Pennsylvania, authorities have said.

One suspect believed to be a student is in custody at Franklin Regional High School in a suburb of Pittsburgh, a local affiliate of ABC News reports.

The wounded, some with significant injuries, range in age from 14-17 and have been taken to area hospitals.

The school was locked down as police searched the premises.

"A critical incident has occurred at the high school. All elementary schools are cancelled, the middle school and high school students are secure," school officials wrote in a bulletin following the incident on Wednesday morning.

Television images of the scene showed students standing in groups outside the school with ambulances nearby.

A parent of a student told CBS television his "frantic" daughter called him to say a friend of hers had been stabbed at school.

"I would never expect this to happen," he said, adding that he had believed the community to be safe.

No information is yet available on the suspect.

Apparently the person went from classroom to classroom stabbing the students and an adult has also been injured. A couple of the victims went straight to theatre after being airlifted to hospital as they had low blood pressure. How do things like this even happen?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26959628

wixard
09-04-2014, 01:36 PM
waits for undertaker

o/t hope everyone involved is okay and makes a full recovery

lemons
09-04-2014, 01:38 PM
scary

GommeInc
09-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Not much to say really. At least the culprit hasn't killed himself like with other gun attacks - although it seems they haven't caught him going from that :/

sexpot
09-04-2014, 02:08 PM
better ban knives!!!11112234455nine

karter
09-04-2014, 02:18 PM
better ban knives!!!11112234455nine

so who do you blame for such a high rate of these crimes ??? violent american culture? kay

MKR&*42
09-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Why does this **** happen in America so often. Obv ik Britain isn't exactly innocent in terms of knife crime, but the amount of school attacks in America is alarming :s

Yawn
09-04-2014, 03:01 PM
id never go to skl if i lived in america

karter
09-04-2014, 03:21 PM
hell i'd never step out of my house

Derrener
09-04-2014, 03:43 PM
hope everyone makes a full recovery

how could anyone do this

Yawn
09-04-2014, 03:59 PM
hell i'd never step out of my house

do u do that anyway

hahahhaa!!! soz that was a rly poor joke

-:Undertaker:-
09-04-2014, 04:02 PM
The knife didn't kill or harm the students, the madman did.

Hopefully he's put to death.

e5
09-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Not much to say really. At least the culprit hasn't killed himself like with other gun attacks - although it seems they haven't caught him going from that :/
The students must know who it is? Unless the person stabbing wasn't a student? Don't know if I read the article properly but I assumed it was

GoldenMerc
09-04-2014, 04:58 PM
How did no one drop kick him off a desk

Inseriousity.
09-04-2014, 06:47 PM
bizarre how 1 person with a weapon like a knife - close contact required - managed to attack 20 people before he was stopped
hope everyone makes a full recovery though

MKR&*42
09-04-2014, 07:02 PM
bizarre how 1 person with a weapon like a knife - close contact required - managed to attack 20 people before he was stopped
hope everyone makes a full recovery though

Tbh I wouldn't expect that many 14-17 year olds to have the ''guts'' to try and stop such a person, but I understand your point :P

God
09-04-2014, 07:03 PM
There are some holes in this story. Seeming that with a knife, he stabbed 20 people. With something like a knife, you think you would have someone pick up a desk and ******* dummy the guy. But people are more likely to Comply and not scream when theres a knife.

Yawn
09-04-2014, 07:36 PM
There are some holes in this story. Seeming that with a knife, he stabbed 20 people. With something like a knife, you think you would have someone pick up a desk and ******* dummy the guy. But people are more likely to Comply and not scream when theres a knife.

wat?

MKR&*42
09-04-2014, 08:54 PM

he move form room to room u cant jus throw a desk if hes left the room
also im pretty sure people would be too ******* terrified for their own safety to be like "oh lets jump on the guy n rob his knife".

there cant hbe any holes...............i know u dont like america tyler but this is hardly some giant conspiracy theory jesus christ alive.

Kyle
09-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Did anybody die?

Yawn
09-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Did anybody die?

no but 5 are critical

-

i just read up on it and the assistant principle wrestled him to the ground so yes ONE person fought back dragga -.-

all of those injured were 14-17 apart from 1 adult. ppl too scared to risk their life especially very young people, i would be as well, so yes they did "Comply" to the man with the knife -.-

GommeInc
09-04-2014, 10:53 PM
The students must know who it is? Unless the person stabbing wasn't a student? Don't know if I read the article properly but I assumed it was
Not sure, it doesn't really say but it could be someone external coming in and causing the problems. It's not the most detailed article - was he/she caught and did they kill themselves as is the trend with these school attacks, or were they caught alive and able to explain why? Loads of questions need answering :P

StevenWinehouse
09-04-2014, 11:06 PM
This just goes to show that someone can do as much damage to people with a knife as they can with a gun.

I wonder what sparked the incident.

Kyle
09-04-2014, 11:07 PM
apparently 20 ppl injured not 20 stabbed

Daltron
10-04-2014, 01:59 AM
This is crazy, is it bad that I thought it would be in the US before seeing the entire thread/thread title?

The knife didn't kill or harm the students

okay then

Shockwave.2CC
10-04-2014, 02:49 AM
That's bad. What is it will all these school shootings/knifings etc

karter
10-04-2014, 05:39 AM
If it was a gun certainly there would've been casualties and more serious injuries

GommeInc
10-04-2014, 02:58 PM
If it was a gun certainly there would've been casualties and more serious injuries
Depends on the wielder, really. 20 injured is a lot, but that may include people crushed or injuring themselves escaping. It's like Undertaker said, it's the person who did the killing. Being a knife or gun does not mean greater damage or more casualties. You could argue a knife is more controlled so you could go straight for specific areas of the body to cause harm, while a gun you could wiggle about and end up shooting walls.

Samantha.
10-04-2014, 03:37 PM
This is so scary!

I hope everyone makes a full recovery :(

Eric
10-04-2014, 03:47 PM
what's his motive?

karter
10-04-2014, 06:57 PM
gun is a more lethal weapon, there's nothing to argue here

Liva
10-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Oh my god, if it was me I'd (like to think I'd) waited until they were turned around and then would smack them around the head with a chair. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-:Undertaker:-
10-04-2014, 11:00 PM
If somebody had had a gun or had the teacher been armed then this ******* would have been shot dead instantly.

GommeInc
10-04-2014, 11:02 PM
gun is a more lethal weapon, there's nothing to argue here
Not really, it's down to blood loss. If I stab someone in the heart it is no more lethal than shooting them in the heart.

karter
11-04-2014, 06:18 AM
head injury by a gun is almost always fatal? gun can be used from a distance

- - - Updated - - -

If somebody had had a gun or had the teacher been armed then this ******* would have been shot dead instantly.

so do you agree that a gun is a more lethal weapon then? :P

Eric
11-04-2014, 07:51 AM
any weapon can be lethal if used properly in the wrong hands, but a gun would more likely to result in more casualties had he brought one with enough ammo. However, I think an amateur could do more harm with a knife than a gun, still the problem lies with the madman

The Don
11-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Lol at anyone trying to argue that a knife is more deadly than a gun. I wonder what people from Columbine High School or Virginia Tech would have to say about that.

Empired
11-04-2014, 01:33 PM
I know you're much less likely to get a gunshot wound infected because the heat of the bullet burns away all bacteria, whilst the wound of a knife would be absolutely crawling with germs, but you can hurt a lot more people in a shorter time with a gun.. Just depends how you want to look at it.

Anyway, I hope people are beginning to recover now!

The Don
11-04-2014, 01:46 PM
I know you're much less likely to get a gunshot wound infected because the heat of the bullet burns away all bacteria, whilst the wound of a knife would be absolutely crawling with germs, but you can hurt a lot more people in a shorter time with a gun.. Just depends how you want to look at it.

Anyway, I hope people are beginning to recover now!

It all depends on where you're stabbed and loads of other factors. Infection is the least of you worries though, the actual wound caused is more important and with a cut/stab wound the damage is usually left to whatever has been directly hit, whereas a bullet will destroy or damage any tissue it passes which creates a wound channel. A clean cut wound heals better than a gunshot wound where the surrounding tissue is pushed aside as the bullet enters/leaves the body. Generally though a gunshot wound is more severe than a stab wound.

Reality
11-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Hope everyone that was injured gets to make a recovery!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!