PDA

View Full Version : Do you really sound like this?

God
09-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Anyways heres a video of a Accent Teacher or w.e saying all the accents of the Uk area.

Tell me if they are accurate and whats your favourite accent. Mines Londoner!

Omg @Shonly (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=81650); the very last one :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8mzWkuOxz8

lemons
09-04-2014, 11:26 PM
an interesting thread from dragga, what a surprise!

they are quite accurate imo apart from the london one

london is so diverse now it's full of looooooooooooooads of accents there isn't really one set accent

the only people in london who sound like whats in the vid are bald white taxi drivers pmsl

Circadia
09-04-2014, 11:34 PM
I do not sound like the Lancastrian one nor does anyone I know aha, that accent is mainly see in old people who are in South Lancashire, I think anyway

Red
09-04-2014, 11:36 PM
his northern irish wasn't gr8

lemons
09-04-2014, 11:36 PM
his northern irish wasn't gr8

how different is the irish/n.irish accent?

Red
09-04-2014, 11:39 PM
how different is the irish/n.irish accent?

They are really different. They vary quite a bit between places too.

Kyle
09-04-2014, 11:39 PM
scottish ppl sound drunk not welsh

j0rd
09-04-2014, 11:44 PM
lmfao at the welsh
it's seriously spot on, but i don't sound drunk

David
09-04-2014, 11:46 PM
similar ye

FlyingJesus
09-04-2014, 11:57 PM
"Cockney is based on East Anglian; Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire" err no it isn't and since when did anyone confuse cockney with farmer accents :S this guy is supposedly a dialect coach but none of these sound particularly good

Samantha
09-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Lmao, I don't really sound that bad from Yorkshire I don't think. However, I definitely get what he means as I don't pronounce my Ts enough. Dating someone from Devon changed me I swear, he always picks up when I drop my Ts and he doesn't sound proper Devonshire, but he can go into the accent if he wants :P.

buttons
10-04-2014, 08:57 AM
yea north of scotland doesn't exist

Kardan
10-04-2014, 10:50 AM
They didn't even touch the midlands... So I can't really say...

wixard
10-04-2014, 12:06 PM
well my accent aint like his dublin accent but then again there is like 10 different kinds of dublin accent

i thought he did well

FlyingJesus
10-04-2014, 12:50 PM
They didn't even touch the midlands... So I can't really say...

Who'd want to

Sian
10-04-2014, 08:55 PM
eerm british isles yeettt... nothing for isle of man, isle of white or the channel islands?

pfft, and he made it sound like there wasn't much difference between a lot of the accents, but some of them are a lot stronger then that.

Cerys
10-04-2014, 09:09 PM
That's fab hahaha

Yorkshire is waay off though imo, noone I know speaks anything like that.

Unless maybe that's just cos im used to hearing it idk

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Alkaz
10-04-2014, 09:50 PM
They didn't really do an accent for the South East but I sound nothing like the London accent they did and I don't think that many people in London sound like that either!

myles
10-04-2014, 10:00 PM
well my accent aint like his dublin accent but then again there is like 10 different kinds of dublin accent

i thought he did well

you dont even have an accent pmsl

GommeInc
10-04-2014, 10:05 PM
An East Anglian accent doesn't exist. An Essex accent is very different to a Suffolk and Norfolk accent, plus you get "rural" accents which tend to be deeper and harder to understand. Farmers tend to have their own take on an accent and amplify it, which is where you get the typical Somerset/Dorset accent which you can tell apart from an urban accent in those regions.

Kyle
10-04-2014, 10:08 PM
An East Anglian accent doesn't exist. An Essex accent is very different to a Suffolk and Norfolk accent, plus you get "rural" accents which tend to be deeper and harder to understand. Farmers tend to have their own take on an accent and amplify it, which is where you get the typical Somerset/Dorset accent which you can tell apart from an urban accent in those regions.
people from essex tend to sound like londoners except they only talk from one side of their mouths

GommeInc
10-04-2014, 10:10 PM
people from essex tend to sound like londoners except they only talk from one side of their mouths
How rude, I do no such thing :P Where did you get this from because I can't think of it :/ Is it from TOWIE? That show has already give us a bad image :P Also, that's another problem - the Essex/London border has a specific accent (TOWIE accent), while north/mid-Essex has a different accent. A typical Essex accent isn't too gruffly, but they refuse to acknowledge "my" as a word and instead use "me" which is infuriating :P

IzzyUhh
10-04-2014, 10:11 PM
his last one omg he sounded like tom jones

Kyle
10-04-2014, 10:22 PM
How rude, I do no such thing :P Where did you get this from because I can't think of it :/ Is it from TOWIE? That show has already give us a bad image :P Also, that's another problem - the Essex/London border has a specific accent (TOWIE accent), while north/mid-Essex has a different accent. A typical Essex accent isn't too gruffly, but they refuse to acknowledge "my" as a word and instead use "me" which is infuriating :P

"give us"? it's "given us" gommeinc! god, the essex boy in you is showing!

lol just generalising, it's how my grandparents speak and they're from grays/thurrock which I guess makes sense since it's basically on the border of london. I have friends dotted about essex and you're right, they all have quite distinctly different accents. A lot of east anglians seem to have a 'neutral' accent whereas others appear to embrace it. My grandparents from suffolk are right farmers but I don't think I have a very strong accent at all - I just get told that I 'sound posh' :S

Mark
10-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Can't say my accent was represented well/at all in that video lol

MKR&*42
10-04-2014, 11:06 PM
I live in Wiltshire (south west) and i do not sound like a farmer nor 'over pronounce' my Rs, so no.

But nearly everyone else here does idk what happened to me i just refused to ever speak like that.

-:Undertaker:-
10-04-2014, 11:14 PM
The scouse is correct.... it's a mixture of Scottish/Irish and English/Welsh. I sound scouse too.

IzzyUhh
10-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Yeah he didny do one of the south east so I spose the closest thing to it would be the london one but I dont think I sound anything like that it just reminds me of only fools and horses imo

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mr-Trainor
11-04-2014, 12:23 AM
I don't sound like the Londoner accent in that video, and tbh I don't know anyone who does.

lemons
11-04-2014, 12:28 AM
like i said there is no london accent

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!