PDA

View Full Version : Post your favourite quote

scottish
13-04-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm sure there was a thread on this hut can't find it... So yeah if there's one merge it mods

What's your favourite quote?

Where's it from (book, movie, speech, etc)?

Why is it your favourite?

MKR&*42
13-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Yeah i think i posted the thread mayb but it was monthsssss agooo so i dont see a prob with having another.

Mine atm is either;

“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your ****, then you deserve it.” by Frank Zappa, not actually sure where it's from. Err I like it because I feel that far too many people rely upon others to tell them what to do with their life which is dumb af.

or the last line from the poem in this film (skip to 00;40 or something);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGV4hxhxW8o

"But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you, not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all." i relate to it sometimes so yeah.

Kardan
13-04-2014, 12:24 PM
I keep thinking about this river somewhere, with the water moving really fast. And these two people in the water, trying to hold onto each other, holding on as hard as they can, but in the end it’s just too much. The current’s too strong. They’ve got to let go, drift apart. That’s how I think it is with us. It’s a shame, Kath, because we’ve loved each other all our lives. But in the end, we can’t stay together forever.

From Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.

Derrener
13-04-2014, 12:41 PM
What's your favourite quote?
"We're all trapped inside our own heads. Our beliefs and understandings of the world are limited by that perspective"

Where's it from (book, movie, speech, etc)?
Derren Brown: INFAMOUS

Empired
13-04-2014, 12:43 PM
This is probably going to sound a bit weird but Hayden; had a quote in his signature AGES ago and it was something about not making decisions during bad times something something something, the spring will come.

Can't really remember it but yeah. Because of that I always always always sleep on big decisions. And it works because I often find I've changed my mind by morning :P

Kyle
13-04-2014, 01:04 PM
"there is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you" - maya angel

"I know that I'm not perfect and that I don't claim to be; so before you point your fingers, make sure your hands are clean!" - bob marley

"it is a mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it" - aristotle

and one by lao tzu about past/present/future which I can never actually remember

MKR&*42
13-04-2014, 01:08 PM
This is probably going to sound a bit weird but @Hayden (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=86637); had a quote in his signature AGES ago and it was something about not making decisions during bad times something something something, the spring will come.

Can't really remember it but yeah. Because of that I always always always sleep on big decisions. And it works because I often find I've changed my mind by morning :P

Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.

- - - Updated - - -

"there is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you" - maya angel

"I know that I'm not perfect and that I don't claim to be; so before you point your fingers, make sure your hands are clean!" - bob marley

"it is a mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it" - aristotle

and one by lao tzu about past/present/future which I can never actually remember

If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.

That one? That was going through my head the other day :P

Empired
13-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.

That's the one omg

I don't even know why I remember it anymore, but I put that last line "the spring will come" in my descriptive writing piece in Year 10 and got an A* so ty Hayden xxx

Shockwave.2CC
13-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better. - Walt Disney

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever. - Walt Disney

karter
13-04-2014, 05:26 PM
"In Urdu, we have a saying: Aik lari main pro kay rakhna. Literally translated, it means the string that holds the pearls together. That is what my mother was. She was the string that held our family together. Since her death [by a U.S. drone strike], the string has been broken and life has not been the same. We feel alone and we feel lost."

- Rafiq ur Rehman

The Urdu phrase just breaks my heart, the real meaning behind it somehow got lost in translation

-:Undertaker:-
13-04-2014, 06:17 PM
"He who knows best knows how little he knows." - Thomas Jefferson

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life." - Cecil Rhodes

"Too often today people are ready to tell us: ‘This is not possible; that is not possible.’ I say: whatever the true interest of our country calls for is always possible." - Enoch Powell

"It doesn’t worry me. I don’t think it ends here, you see. If it did, the entire thing would be pointless, but the universe is not pointless. No, this isn’t the end. We go on to the next stage. I shall be interested to see what it is." - Sir Patrick Moore

Just a few, favourites probably being the Rhodes and Powell though.

Derrener
13-04-2014, 07:30 PM
The single most valuable human trait, the one quality every schoolchild and adult should be taught to nurture, is, quite simply, kindness.

I have retained a belief that it is the popular sporty kids at school who grow up to have the least interesting lives, and the unhappy young souls who develop into the most extraordinary adults. Whoever heard of a creative genius being understood as a child and well loved by his class mates? Who like to imagine an artist who emerged into adulthood content with his lot? And, conversely, how satisfying to hear that almost without exception, the untroubled, popular kids at school have ended up blandly as accountants, solicitors or ‘in IT’. Hold on, misfits, your day will come.

~Derren Brown: Confessions Of A Conjuror

Every day when you leave your home you give away more than you could ever imagine about who you are and what you do.

~Derren Brown: Trick Of The Mind

there are more but i'd have to play the shows to get them and yeh effort.

Futz
13-04-2014, 08:31 PM
"we are nothing more or less than we choose to reveal"

is a recent one I quite liked, it came up in the house of cards tv series

wixard
13-04-2014, 09:32 PM
i like

“Everyone says love hurts, but that isn’t true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain and makes someone feel wonderful again. Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt.” cba to get source

“I have ruined relationships for fear of ruining those relationships.” - Neil Hillborn

this for when people talk **** about girls looking good for other people, dno source

“I got dressed this morning. For myself.
Put on eye liner. for myself.

Put on my favorite red lipstick. for myself.

Showed a bit of skin. for myself
I wanted to be beautiful. For myself.”

and finally

'Just because a girls pretty doesn't mean she's cool.' - SAM FROM FREAKS AND GEEKS

i've another about depression if i find i'll post

Sharon
13-04-2014, 10:23 PM
mm i only ever like the love quotes from films

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game (Cinderella Story)

When you're young everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not; it's just the beginning. You might have to meet a few more jerks, but one day you're gonna meet a boy who treats you the way you deserve to be treated. Like the sun rises and sets with you. (17 Again)

Just 'cause you're beautiful, that doesn't mean that you can treat people like they don't matter. (10 things I hate about you)

Jurv
13-04-2014, 10:49 PM
'When you think you can't do it, u should try to do it then maybe it can be it again but only if u didn't.'

from one of my many idols, mirandasings. link here: https://twitter.com/MirandaSings/status/231167627043684352

karter
14-04-2014, 05:17 PM
“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your ****, then you deserve it.” by Frank Zappa

wow this is actually a super bad quote bc someone could end up living a miserable life if they listened to or were influenced by someone they trusted ...just my oPiNioN tho.....

LiquidLuck.
16-04-2014, 02:48 AM
One of these two:

''Take your time, think a lot, think of everything you've got, 'cause you will still be here tomorrow but your dreams may not.''

- Song Father and Son, by Cat Stevens.

''Half time goes by, suddenly you're wise, another blink of an eye 67 is gone, the sun is getting high, we're moving on..''

- Song 100 Years, by Five for Fighting

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!