PDA

View Full Version : Fansite: Easter Egg-stravaganza!

Tyrell
14-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Our ever-so-talented fansites have teamed up yet again to bring the community an action-packed Easter!

Check out the schedule of games created by the teams:

Habulous + HFFM
Game: Easter Eggstravaganza

HabboExtra + HabboQuests
Game: HabboExtra + HabboQuests Game

Habbosphere + FlyHabbo
Game: HS + FH Easter Egg Hunt!

Habbocreation
Game: Eggcatcher

HabHome + HabboTiles
Game. HH Easter Event HT

Habbcrazy + Habbox
Game: TBA

already done two. does anybody know how long this'll be up for?

Michael
14-04-2014, 11:56 AM
What time is habbox's opening?

Lewis
14-04-2014, 12:09 PM
TBA? Why does it say TBA?

Sian
14-04-2014, 12:10 PM
habulous and hffm stole our name :o

wonder what Samanfa; will call it in the end. Will also be interesting to see which each one is.

Nick
14-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Gosh these roller lines are a pain in the neck to get in

Hidden
14-04-2014, 12:35 PM
its up all week.

and we didn't steal /your/ name if thats what you think :P that term has been used for decades.

lemons
14-04-2014, 12:47 PM
currently waiting for ppl in this room
http://i.imgur.com/fj4tETH.png

Samantha
14-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Not sure why it's TBA lmao, I don't even have the start room :(.

It'll be interesting to play them all though.

Red
14-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Why is it TBA? Did you not bother to submit anything? Seems like habbox is never organised now.

Lewis
14-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Not sure why it's TBA lmao, I don't even have the start room :(.

It'll be interesting to play them all though.

What do you mean you don't have a start room? Didn't you contact powertoo or whatever lol, to get yours done

zombies
14-04-2014, 01:29 PM
poor habbox!

lemons
14-04-2014, 01:33 PM
idk how true this is but rumours circulating that habbox official status at risk, doubt it tho

Samanfa; xxMATTGxx;

http://i.imgur.com/oi9Fwzf.png
http://i.imgur.com/O3B1Spt.png

probably lying

lawrawrrr
14-04-2014, 01:37 PM
What Sam means is that the start room is owned by Jake over at HabbCrazy! Everything's ready to go though :)

Samantha
14-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Why is it TBA? Did you not bother to submit anything? Seems like habbox is never organised now.

I suggest you and no one else make assumptions before they know what's going on (even I didn't lmao), only quoted you as you were the first, I don't mean anything by it!

Jake has the start room, he's just informed me what the problem was as well. Highly doubt we'd lose official over something that isn't our fault lmao.

Edit: So you know where it's gone wrong, apparently the last room link wasn't given, but we got told it was days ago as HC owns the last room too. However, speaking to Jake it seems he was sorting out the things Kitchen needed doing therefore he's done them now.

Also, we have a different badge to the one that's planned now (which I'm pretty annoyed at as it was a cute badge), but I'm not sure why that has happened.

Tyrell
14-04-2014, 01:42 PM
currently waiting for ppl in this room
http://i.imgur.com/fj4tETH.png

hate team games, ones where you compete against others or ones w/ timed gated *vomit*

lemons
14-04-2014, 01:44 PM
hate team games, ones where you compete against others or ones w/ timed gated *vomit*
its actually quite fun i enjoyed it

Red
14-04-2014, 01:46 PM
I suggest you and no one else make assumptions before they know what's going on, only quoted you as you were the first, I don't mean anything by it!

Jake has the start room, he's just informed me what the problem was as well. Highly doubt we'd lose official over something that isn't our fault lmao.

Not that I pay much attention but wasn't there another event which we didn't submit anything on time? The fact the advertising for this was left to the last minute. The fact it took you forever sending those award trophies. Deffo seems disorganised to me.

Samantha
14-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Not that I pay much attention but wasn't there another event which we didn't submit anything on time? The fact the advertising for this was left to the last minute. The fact it took you forever sending those award trophies. Deffo seems disorganised to me.

There were reasons for both. The advertisement for Easter was down to WANTING to get this fansite event sorted, to kick started the HxEE and unfortunately it's been delayed for the reasons above.

We missed another event due to away time and everyone was settling into their roles and although we did plan something, we didn't complete it in time. The award trophies were sent when I had a reply from the majority of people as I wanted to send them on the same day (fairer that way).

However, I believe this is sorted now, so I look forward to you all playing it - get your thinking caps on if you don't know the answers :D.

jorsian
14-04-2014, 02:23 PM
The Habulous + HFFM event is stupid. I waited in line for 10 minutes because the wired in the entrance wasn't working so the person there had to call someone. Once I finally got in, I couldn't even begin the challenge because one person from our team left. We then had to wait another 5 minutes for someone to come. After we finally began the challenge, another person left so while we did end up completing the challenge, the gate for the badge tele didn't open because we didn't have 5 people with us. The time ran out and the ducks kicked us out of the game.

I don't know why these games are designed with such tedious queues that end up doing more harm than good.

Tyrell
14-04-2014, 02:32 PM
FINALLY made it through the pillow in the HabbCrazy one when my internet died and i got dc

RIGHT as I was going through the tele weep

Hidden
14-04-2014, 02:39 PM
They used an official habbo designed badge because it wasn't sent in when it was meant to meaning the graphics team didn't have time to accept it before the event would begin.

Samantha
14-04-2014, 03:01 PM
They used an official habbo designed badge because it wasn't sent in when it was meant to meaning the graphics team didn't have time to accept it before the event would begin.

We got told it was sent, I thought it was :O.

Hidden
14-04-2014, 03:18 PM
We got told it was sent, I thought it was :O.
Depends when it was sent, they sent a date for the latest time possible, but yeah. You can't be blamed. Show original badge?

Samantha
14-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Depends when it was sent, they sent a date for the latest time possible, but yeah. You can't be blamed. Show original badge?

http://tashload.com/Uploader/uploads//l3Vt37v.png

I thought it was that one.

Kyle
14-04-2014, 03:29 PM
sigh

hope they do strip habbox of official status tbh, maybe it would spur some organisation. rapidly slipping down the fansite ranks and losing all of the respect it has (matt)garnered over the past 10 years.

what does each event entail? does anybody have explanations or screenshots of the rooms

Puuma
14-04-2014, 03:35 PM
The Habulous + HFFM event is stupid. I waited in line for 10 minutes because the wired in the entrance wasn't working so the person there had to call someone. Once I finally got in, I couldn't even begin the challenge because one person from our team left. We then had to wait another 5 minutes for someone to come. After we finally began the challenge, another person left so while we did end up completing the challenge, the gate for the badge tele didn't open because we didn't have 5 people with us. The time ran out and the ducks kicked us out of the game.

I don't know why these games are designed with such tedious queues that end up doing more harm than good.

that's a pretty lengthy complaint about a game you were not forced to participate in. if you want the badge, you complete the tedious rooms, simple as that.. =)

lawrawrrr
14-04-2014, 03:43 PM
sigh

hope they do strip habbox of official status tbh, maybe it would spur some organisation. rapidly slipping down the fansite ranks and losing all of the respect it has (matt)garnered over the past 10 years.

what does each event entail? does anybody have explanations or screenshots of the rooms

We're only just finding out about the badge thing now - we were all under the impression it had been sent in on time by HabbCrazy owners as it had been made with plenty of time to spare. I'd spoken on our planning thread asking if we needed to create and had begun something myself when they posted that they'd done everything, insinuating they sent it, so not really Habbox's fault in the slightest.

Hidden
14-04-2014, 03:51 PM
http://tashload.com/Uploader/uploads//l3Vt37v.png

I thought it was that one.
Not bad, not sure if it would be changed or not because it's not really habbo graphics.

Daltron
15-04-2014, 06:25 AM
Not a fan of any of these events. Hate relying on others for lengthy events such as the mario-party style one. And there seems to be a repetitive use of 'DON'T WALK WHEN X FURNI IS LOOKING AT YOU' in almost every event :L

But doing them for the badges -.-

Daltron
15-04-2014, 06:52 AM
Btw the gates are broken in the habbox one..?

Hidden
15-04-2014, 08:33 AM
yeah some events are similar but I only designed 1 room that people seem to like as it's ?newish?

Kittysoft
15-04-2014, 08:38 AM
that's a pretty lengthy complaint about a game you were not forced to participate in. if you want the badge, you complete the tedious rooms, simple as that.. =)

Yes that's true, but it's irrelevant to the point jorsian is making in the long paragraph. The rooms were badly designed and/or poorly staffed, which shouldn't be the case for official fansite events. Feel free to make your rooms as tedious as possible, but they should at least work.

Hidden
15-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Yes that's true, but it's irrelevant to the point jorsian is making in the long paragraph. The rooms were badly designed and/or poorly staffed, which shouldn't be the case for official fansite events. Feel free to make your rooms as tedious as possible, but they should at least work.
All of our rooms work, yesterday Plummeting's room broke a few times but that's nothing to do with Puma so... why are you attempting to attack her?
It clearly states that it's a team event for 5 people and you NEED 5 to complete every room, sorry if you can't get 5 people to stay in a room, your issue not ours.

Kyle
15-04-2014, 09:54 AM
habulous staff posting passive aggressively again? surely not? :O

Does anybody know if the habbox/habbcrazy one goes any further than the telephrase/pillow room? that pillow thing is too long I gave up lol

Plebings
15-04-2014, 10:31 AM
mixed about the rooms to be honest.

habulous/hffm: overall probably the best one, enough unique rooms to be memorable even if it gets weighed down with groups required to pass and collision tasks.

habboextra/habboquests: liked the first room, looks pretty, the third room bit boring and tedious.

habbosphere/flyhabbo: yesterday had huge queues, glitched fairly often and just seemed too difficult for most people

habbocreation: for a site dedicated to room building, they certainly made the worst room. couldn't even get in half the time without being kicked since furni was hounding the door.

habhome/habbotiles: this was open before i think? so seems to be quite a lazy effort - the task wasn't too bad though - giving a twist to the usual don't move types. not sure what habbotiles contributed.

habbox/habbcrazy: only got to room 3 before the pillows ticked me off. people really need to learn the difference between difficult and tedious, when stuff move 0.5 seconds its pretty much up to luck whether the chair you clicked moves or not. seeing as i only saw one room from habbox, it was really bad in comparison to the quality of the other fansites. not sure if it improved later on but you really need to start collaborating with your members more, either that or start looking for someone who you can hire as a quest/maze maker. this is YOUR chance that you get to advertise to the majority of the public, forcing people to view the habbox history and using cheap overused furni for a maze design we've all seen plenty of times before won't get you anywhere. it's certainly not the worst event here, but i do actually like this site so i really hope you can work on this.

Hidden
15-04-2014, 11:14 AM

Does anybody know if the habbox/habbcrazy one goes any further than the telephrase/pillow room? that pillow thing is too long I gave up lol
Pillow is the last room.

Daltron
15-04-2014, 11:36 AM

*sigh* it's pretty much confirmed you will now get a passive aggressive paragraph for saying that, just a matter of time

Kyle
15-04-2014, 12:05 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Despect (Forum Moderator) - Please do not be rude to other members, thanks.

Samantha
15-04-2014, 12:13 PM
*REMOVED*

Depends which way you go.

lemons
15-04-2014, 12:14 PM
the pillows in the habbox hcrazy one are annoying so im not doing it

Samantha
15-04-2014, 12:17 PM
I agree with the pillows, but I'm not allowed to change the Wired unfortunately.

Kyle
15-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Depends which way you go.
It's still 1room and nothing compared to others and even the gab crazy room it leads onto which had at least 8 opportunities for users to browse and become acquainted with their fansite. How much planning actually went into this? It doesn't feel from the outside looking in that you are giving your full potential lately.

~~from phone

Samantha
15-04-2014, 12:31 PM
It's still 1room and nothing compared to others and even the gab crazy room it leads onto which had at least 8 opportunities for users to browse and become acquainted with their fansite. How much planning actually went into this? It doesn't feel from the outside looking in that you are giving your full potential lately.

~~from phone

Sorry, on my phone so I can't write too detailed replies.

My idea was originally that the game would be 1v1 with questions about both fansites and they had yo race through to get to the end and receive the prize. HC then suggested a maze whereby we'd have rooms for both fansites to promote them. We were originally going to have 2 rooms each due to this, but in the end we settled on one (as looking at HC, a lot of work went into it). Unfortunately, I hadn't seen HCs until near enough the deadline, and it was apparent that they'd done a lot when I thought it was literally a maze to improve our image. We then decided to just do one room each, and a couple of us in the GM/management/senior staff team helped on the room and decided on what we'd do. We went for the maze, maze look as we hadn't seen it done in a while and we thought it'd be nice and a bit different. The questions were done and there were meant to be 3 on each side until I saw the space used up for the 5 there is. I know it's not the most unique idea out there, but the planning/organisation was there. I know I'm not the best at room designing it seems even with some help.

I hope that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't. Long story short, it was meant to be a 1v1 game to benefit both sides, but turned into a maze.

Also, HabbCrazy doesn't have two rooms as such, we mutually agreed with them making the first room.

jorsian
15-04-2014, 12:38 PM
The HS & FH event is ridiculous! The wired breaks if someone leaves the room after they've been teleported to the gates, so it basically has to be operated manually. The rabbits move too fast and there are too many of them. The queue itself takes a good 30 minutes to get through, and then you end up losing within 10 seconds. The owners are rarely even in the room, so when the room breaks we have to wait another 20 minutes for them to come fix it!

Storking
15-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Habulous + HFFM was fun; the queue is annoying but it's easy to complete with a good team. Nice designs too.

HabboExtra + HabboQuests looks nice and eastery but is poorly set out with the hardest part of the maze being the very first bit and then the rest is pretty straight forward.

Haven't attempted Habbosphere + FlyHabbo because the queue looks like it takes forever (but the game is a bit different to the others so that's cool).

Habbocreation was mediocre. Doesn't look like a lot of effort went into it.

HabHome + HabboTiles was good because everyone can take part straight away rather than wasting 2 years of their life queuing. The badge is quite easily achievable.

Habbcrazy + Habbox was good in the habbcrazy parts; lot's of eastery furnis and fun challenges. The habbox room was disappointing; didn't haven't much easter furni and if I was a user I wouldn't be persuaded to join Habbox after seeing that room.

Mr-Trainor
15-04-2014, 01:31 PM
the pillows in the habbox hcrazy one are annoying so im not doing it
Agreed with this. There's no fun in it and I'm not desperate for badges :P.

Tyrell
15-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Agreed with this. There's no fun in it and I'm not desperate for badges :P.

+1

i just cant be bothered

Daltron
15-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Can't be bothered to do that stupid pillow thing in the Habbox one. Give me a real challenge which requires some level of skill, not this repetitive clicking joke of a task. C'mon Habbox :/

With like 10 badges coming for bunnies and another 10 something for the space invaders thing I think I will give the Habbox badge a miss, which is sad because I feel we probably have the most resources within this fansite to do amazing things but internal squabbles and repetitiveness are at a high (an external perspective, I don't actually have any real clue why Habbox is failing so bad lately in client).

- - - Updated - - -

And I completely understand the pillow thing is not designed by Habbox but this is meant to be a joint fansite effort. Had someone from Habbox tested it out beforehand, could have mentioned to the other site it might be a bit tedious.

Samantha
15-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Can't be bothered to do that stupid pillow thing in the Habbox one. Give me a real challenge which requires some level of skill, not this repetitive clicking joke of a task. C'mon Habbox :/

With like 10 badges coming for bunnies and another 10 something for the space invaders thing I think I will give the Habbox badge a miss, which is sad because I feel we probably have the most resources within this fansite to do amazing things but internal squabbles and repetitiveness are at a high (an external perspective, I don't actually have any real clue why Habbox is failing so bad lately in client).

- - - Updated - - -

And I completely understand the pillow thing is not designed by Habbox but this is meant to be a joint fansite effort. Had someone from Habbox tested it out beforehand, could have mentioned to the other site it might be a bit tedious.

Why are you blaming us for a HabbCrazy room? Read the last lines after (sorry about that), but I believe some people did test it out (not sure if it was just those from HabbCrazy though) I'd love to slow it down, but got told not to or else I would have. I fully agree the pillows are ridiculous, a few have asked to slow down the pillows as well as far as I know, not just me.

Kyle
15-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Habbox is out of touch, that's why it's 'failing so badly lately in client'.

It's always being said that it's unfair to target the community manager so I'll just say that the fault is on the entirety of the management team instead. Other sites are storming ahead because they have teams of people dedicated to their cause rather than just performing their roles to pass the time. They drive their teams towards goals and collaborate with others to get their names out there, whilst habbox sit back and throw some furniture into a room, say "that'll do, I guess..." and hope for the best.

None of the blame here is on habbcrazy. They've created an engaging entrance and main room that properly promotes their site with an easter theme. Habbox has a hedge maze with hoteluser running about spouting stuff about VIP colours. I feel like the easter aspect really went over the heads of those that created the room and the questions are aimed at established members of habbox rather than those that haven't ever encountered it before. There are a maximum of 3 questions posed to every user that goes through the room and the second part is so poorly organised that the teleport that links to the next room is the only one owned by believemesafety so it's not challenging at all to get past. The questions themselves are geared more towards to forum than the site itself, possibly because the website is too hideous to want to divert people to. Is it even possible to find out VIP colours without actually being a registered user?

The pillows are slightly annoying and that is something that should have been tested properly and discussed. Habbox are kowtowing to junior sites and idk why. Assert your dominance and reclaim your place at the top.

We've reached the tipping point. Over the past 6 months the community has dwindled, events are at an all-time low and the only people actually getting stuck in are those whose roles are unrelated. No st patricks quest and a half hearted 'easter' one. The official habbo-backed events are just as important as the ones only advertised internally, if not even more so. There have been countless chances to promote the really great aspects of habbox and they've been passed up or feeble attempts have been made.

Habbox is no longer a site that people want to be affiliated with and there is nothing being produced that makes them want to change their minds. sub par event and sub par management.

also please stop replying to criticism with excuses and just take it on board. bi.

Puuma
15-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Everyone who thinks it's normal to get all hostile over a few fansite events should really like take a seat and think about their life choices. All of the fansite staff that put these events together took time out of their lives to provide fun games for YOU. smh

Kyle
15-04-2014, 03:37 PM
you can't expect to create a room and not have people tell you about their experience with it. "smh".

Puuma
15-04-2014, 03:38 PM
you can't expect to create a room and not have people tell you about their experience with it. "smh".

that's funny? people create rooms all the time and i don't find myself judging them. i guess some people are just more mature than others.

MKR&*42
15-04-2014, 03:39 PM

That would require management engaging with the community, that not gonna happen man.

Samantha
15-04-2014, 03:41 PM
That would require management engaging with the community, that not gonna happen man.

Since when don't they engage with the community?

Hidden
15-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Well they thought the badge and event was dealt with, then it was TBA and no badge was set up. I guess that's a good reason?

MKR&*42
15-04-2014, 03:46 PM

Well they thought the badge and event was dealt with, then it was TBA and no badge was set up. I guess that's a good reason?

That^

Plus what Daltron said about not one management member of Habbox suggesting a different HabbCrazy room instead of the pillows
And do we really have to go over St. Patrick's Day again where the entire fansite had no HABBO community involvement whatsoever.

Samantha
15-04-2014, 03:50 PM
That^

Plus what Daltron said about not one management member of Habbox suggesting a different HabbCrazy room instead of the pillows
And do we really have to go over St. Patrick's Day again where the entire fansite had no HABBO community involvement whatsoever.
Hidden; if one fansite believes it's all sorted then it's not really their fault, especially when they're told it's sorted.

Also, I'm not repeating myself about the past, it's the past after all.

Kyle
15-04-2014, 03:53 PM
that's funny? people create rooms all the time and i don't find myself judging them. i guess some people are just more mature than others.
I am talking specifically about quests and maze rooms here.

Puuma
15-04-2014, 04:04 PM
I am talking specifically about quests and maze rooms here.

of course you are. you're a very bitter young man.

Yawn
15-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Habbox is out of touch, that's why it's 'failing so badly lately in client'.

It's always being said that it's unfair to target the community manager so I'll just say that the fault is on the entirety of the management team instead. Other sites are storming ahead because they have teams of people dedicated to their cause rather than just performing their roles to pass the time. They drive their teams towards goals and collaborate with others to get their names out there, whilst habbox sit back and throw some furniture into a room, say "that'll do, I guess..." and hope for the best.

None of the blame here is on habbcrazy. They've created an engaging entrance and main room that properly promotes their site with an easter theme. Habbox has a hedge maze with hoteluser running about spouting stuff about VIP colours. I feel like the easter aspect really went over the heads of those that created the room and the questions are aimed at established members of habbox rather than those that haven't ever encountered it before. There are a maximum of 3 questions posed to every user that goes through the room and the second part is so poorly organised that the teleport that links to the next room is the only one owned by believemesafety so it's not challenging at all to get past. The questions themselves are geared more towards to forum than the site itself, possibly because the website is too hideous to want to divert people to. Is it even possible to find out VIP colours without actually being a registered user?

The pillows are slightly annoying and that is something that should have been tested properly and discussed. Habbox are kowtowing to junior sites and idk why. Assert your dominance and reclaim your place at the top.

We've reached the tipping point. Over the past 6 months the community has dwindled, events are at an all-time low and the only people actually getting stuck in are those whose roles are unrelated. No st patricks quest and a half hearted 'easter' one. The official habbo-backed events are just as important as the ones only advertised internally, if not even more so. There have been countless chances to promote the really great aspects of habbox and they've been passed up or feeble attempts have been made.

Habbox is no longer a site that people want to be affiliated with and there is nothing being produced that makes them want to change their minds. sub par event and sub par management.

also please stop replying to criticism with excuses and just take it on board. bi.
ooer kyle

ruthless!

rnix
15-04-2014, 04:28 PM
I spent the time and effort and plenty of my own credits creating a quest on Habbo from the content department.
Although content isn't a community department I thought it would be quite nice to show the community we are involved with them.
I think the main Habbox event wasn't planned very well (and the room looks rushed) and wasn't advertised very poorly.
It's s shame because the hype that was going around the staff threads and management forums made it out to be like it was a,ll planed and going to be amazing. :(

Yawn
15-04-2014, 04:39 PM
wow doesnt sound like its worth checking out then! too bad!

Hidden
15-04-2014, 05:07 PM
@Hidden (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=88160); if one fansite believes it's all sorted then it's not really their fault, especially when they're told it's sorted.

Also, I'm not repeating myself about the past, it's the past after all.

Well let's face it, people are saying the management isn't giving good co-ord with the users. Then surely if you guys were doing it correctly then you would be discussing with the other site you were working with to ensure that it was done rather than 'believing' that they done it. Why not ensure that the rooms were created and enter them with the badge and also let them do it? Or does this not make sense, no? It was a team event after all both to blame in the end even if you let them do everything.

Samantha
15-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Well let's face it, people are saying the management isn't giving good co-ord with the users. Then surely if you guys were doing it correctly then you would be discussing with the other site you were working with to ensure that it was done rather than 'believing' that they done it. Why not ensure that the rooms were created and enter them with the badge and also let them do it? Or does this not make sense, no? It was a team event after all both to blame in the end even if you let them do everything.

We were in communication with them throughout the planning and still are now, we were told by them in the forum we used that the badge and everyone was sent and the room links too. We didn't let them do everything, like I said we are/were in communication and we did ask whether we should send them in, but they had done it/were doing it. Although, I get your point about the rooms as I got Jake to test ours to ensure it worked as well.

Red
15-04-2014, 07:53 PM
So what are you guys gonna do to make sure the next event is successful because quite clearly what you seen as well organised hasn't worked. I liked Alex's idea of hiring people to do the games/mazes because I am not sure any of the current management team are up to the challenge.

Kimi
16-04-2014, 09:13 AM
The HS & FH event is ridiculous! The wired breaks if someone leaves the room after they've been teleported to the gates, so it basically has to be operated manually. The rabbits move too fast and there are too many of them. The queue itself takes a good 30 minutes to get through, and then you end up losing within 10 seconds. The owners are rarely even in the room, so when the room breaks we have to wait another 20 minutes for them to come fix it!

Hey, We are aware the wired is glitchy, as is Kitchenninjette. This is the reason I keep closing the room when I'm not around to help people out. Yesterday I was in the room at least 6-7 hours of the day, and only left to do the titanic quests.. Which i LEFT whilst doing the partner bit because I had so many people add me asking for my help. Yes it's my fault the wired glitches as I'm not too comfortable with timer wired, but I avoided doing the same old mazes everyone always does because everyone moans. Now I've tried to do a game and still, everyone moans. People moan the queue is too long, but would you rather have 30 seconds to complete it? Because I tell you it's only just achievable within 2 minutes whilst avoiding the rabbits. We have removed two rabbits and as a result I've seen more and more people complete it. I'm sorry if you found it too difficult. Our event does not have to be operated manually, it simply needs to be moderated as the gates have a tendency to glitch. I hope our next fansite event will be up to your standards :)!

Mr-Trainor
16-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Why are you blaming us for a HabbCrazy room? Read the last lines after (sorry about that), but I believe some people did test it out (not sure if it was just those from HabbCrazy though) I'd love to slow it down, but got told not to or else I would have. I fully agree the pillows are ridiculous, a few have asked to slow down the pillows as well as far as I know, not just me.
Was the whole point in being teamed up with another fansite not that you'd be working together to produce the rooms, and I'd assume that the management of Habbcrazy saw your room and they saw yours and gave feedback so that both rooms could be improved to make the whole event even better for the benefit of both fansites?

Everyone who thinks it's normal to get all hostile over a few fansite events should really like take a seat and think about their life choices. All of the fansite staff that put these events together took time out of their lives to provide fun games for YOU. smh
Try run a website by that logic and it won't last very long.

jorsian
16-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Hey, We are aware the wired is glitchy, as is Kitchenninjette. This is the reason I keep closing the room when I'm not around to help people out. Yesterday I was in the room at least 6-7 hours of the day, and only left to do the titanic quests.. Which i LEFT whilst doing the partner bit because I had so many people add me asking for my help. Yes it's my fault the wired glitches as I'm not too comfortable with timer wired, but I avoided doing the same old mazes everyone always does because everyone moans. Now I've tried to do a game and still, everyone moans. People moan the queue is too long, but would you rather have 30 seconds to complete it? Because I tell you it's only just achievable within 2 minutes whilst avoiding the rabbits. We have removed two rabbits and as a result I've seen more and more people complete it. I'm sorry if you found it too difficult. Our event does not have to be operated manually, it simply needs to be moderated as the gates have a tendency to glitch. I hope our next fansite event will be up to your standards :)!Thank you for the reply.

I understand fansites do their best to provide fun and unique events for everyone to participate in. But in all honesty, the idea wasn't all that original--collision type games have been around for months. This comes down to personal preference, but I enjoyed the other events more simply because the queues weren't as long. That's the main problem here. The game itself isn't terribly hard, and the wired glitches are excusable, but when you have to wait 30 minutes per go it gets tedious real quick. I would have halved the amount of bunnies and time (1:00 per go) so that the line empties at a faster pace.

Having said all this, I understand you can't make everyone happy and that there will always be complainers. Once again, I appreciate the fact that you responded to me and this post will be the last of my complaints.

Tyrell
16-04-2014, 04:15 PM
So many badges to get... Don't know if I can get them all over this week cry

Absently
16-04-2014, 05:00 PM
started doing the habbox/habbcrazy one and got bored and left :(

Inseriousity.
16-04-2014, 05:39 PM
hidden feedback thread lolol

I was (still am lol) terrible with room design - fun fact: matt only owns the help desk cos I had to pass it on to him, if I could design rooms, I wonder if the community AGM would still have it - so I won't comment about that although I do know I asked Sam quite a lot for room design help so I know she can do it. As for difficulty, it's a difficult line to walk: not being too easy, not being too difficult. Why can't you change it Sam? I had wired changed during my last one.

If the planning was done well in advance, everything seemed tied up neatly, then it would've been perhaps a good idea to ask management (all management not just general) to test it out. Despite that, it's impossible to plan for everything. The sheer numbers of people that participate (might not be such a big issue with this one with there being so many different events) mean that things that were a piece of cake are actually difficult. That doesn't seem to be the issue here but something to bear in mind.

I haven't seen much evidence so far that fansite events provide a long-term boost to fansites so I can see the attempt was made to at least get them interacting with the questions although I agree that it's probably the wrong way to do it. Instead of a bot, I believe these events would yield better results with a more active presence (hence why the 10th anniversary room was only 1 room). Maybe next time, shift HxHD staff to do their hours in the event room and greet people, help them out and then DJs over there advertising the on air comps (with big prizes). Hopefully that'll get them involved with Habbox beyond just going for the badge.

These events are still in single figures (is this like our 5th one?) so hopefully over time, more knowledge will be built up about how to improve retention. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!