PDA

View Full Version : Man dies after partial building collapse in London

Mr-Trainor
14-04-2014, 05:38 PM
"A man working on a construction site in central London has died after a building partially collapsed...The service said it sent three ambulance crews, three single responders in cars, a hazardous area response team, the air ambulance and two officers."

Isn't really much information. It's in/near Grosvenor Square which is near Bond Street, and the site itself was very closed to the US Embassy. At least one other construction worker was injured too :(.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-27022143

GommeInc
14-04-2014, 05:44 PM
That area is being developed at the moment. I think CrossRail are doing something with the underground station there too, although there is no suggestion that the ground gave way due to that at the moment.

Mr-Trainor
14-04-2014, 06:22 PM
That area is being developed at the moment. I think CrossRail are doing something with the underground station there too, although there is no suggestion that the ground gave way due to that at the moment.
I doubt it's related to Crossrail - I'm sure I read that it was the first floor (or part of it) that collapsed at this construction site. Crossrail tunnels will be/are definitely nearby though.

Alkaz
14-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Oh wow I was only there the other day. Shame about the man dieing!

GommeInc
15-04-2014, 04:05 PM
I doubt it's related to Crossrail - I'm sure I read that it was the first floor (or part of it) that collapsed at this construction site. Crossrail tunnels will be/are definitely nearby though.
Seems unlikely but construction elsewhere seems to always be the blame for anything that goes wrong in London. The walkie talkie melting cars and a crane causing a helicopter to crash are two loosely relevant examples :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!