PDA

View Full Version : UK unemployment reaches 5-year low

Kardan
16-04-2014, 02:36 PM
The number of people unemployed in the UK is 2.24m, the lowest since February 2009.

This means that the unemployment rate for the UK is now 6.9%.

The unemployment rate for Europe is 10.6%.

The number of people claiming Jobseeker's Allowance has fallen to 1.14m.

The number of employed people in the UK, 30.39m is at it's highest level in a generation.

The number of unemployed before the recession, was around ~1.6m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27046681

Matthew
16-04-2014, 02:46 PM
hope this doesn't mean interest rates will go up

i'm about to take on a mortgage :P

though didn't Carney backtrack and say they wouldn't go up until next year at least anyway?

The Don
16-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Here's a graph of Youth Unemployment in Europe over the years.

http://i.imgur.com/Pnj0Vv0.gif

Kardan
16-04-2014, 02:52 PM
hope this doesn't mean interest rates will go up

i'm about to take on a mortgage :P

though didn't Carney backtrack and say they wouldn't go up until next year at least anyway?

They were saying for ages that they'd change it when unemployment went under 7%, and now that it has, they're quick to say 'Unemployment isn't the only factor', so it seems likely nothing will change in the near future at least.

Kyle
16-04-2014, 03:20 PM
What are we classifying as "unemployment" here? There are people being paid nothing or a pittance but still technically working under the guise of training schemes etc

~~from phone

Matthew
16-04-2014, 03:58 PM
They were saying for ages that they'd change it when unemployment went under 7%, and now that it has, they're quick to say 'Unemployment isn't the only factor', so it seems likely nothing will change in the near future at least.

fine by me :P

Inseriousity.
16-04-2014, 04:41 PM
This recovery isnt happening where I am lol

-:Undertaker:-
16-04-2014, 05:30 PM
The 'recovery' is a fake, the Bank of England continue to print money out of thin air & HM Government continues to overspend by over a £100bn.

The same for the housing 'recovery' - it's an artiticial boom created via credit manipulation.

All of this debt will have to be paid back, and when the **** hits the fun it ain't gonna be pretty. Think Greece.

FlyingJesus
16-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Bloody Romanians making us all unempl-

Oh

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!