PDA

View Full Version : I found an exploit with habbo forums

IWishIWasCool
19-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Hello there.

If you are a member of the ''Kitchen Ninjette's group'' you most likely know who I am.

So today I was testing some exploits I found in the habbo forums, some of them let me spam non stop threads without delay, some let me change the place of the forum title, some others let me type whatever I wanted without a filter being implemented.

I decided to try out the spam exploit in the Kitchen Ninjette group forum by posting random threads that don't
have any meaning whatsoever, I filled about 6 pages with this spam (some other people spammed too, don't
know who they are though) and then about 2 hours in I was given this message.

You have been banned! The reason for the ban is "Your Habbo has been banned until 20-04-2014 15:18:56. Promoting or using unauthorized scripting programs can really mess with the configurations of the hotel. Reading through the Habbo Way and Terms will help you avoid this issue in the future.". The ban will expire at 4/20/14 3:18 PM (GMT -0400) Eastern Time.

I'm not going to complain about how the ban is unfair, because it isn't, it's my fault. what I want to know is are they working on patching the exploits ?

NOTE: I'm IP Banned from the client.

Kyle
19-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Instead of deliberately exploiting these errors you could have tested them on a different group and passed them along toe the technical team at the earliest convenience. Since you're bannd for it they will certainly be aware of it and be working towards patching them.

IWishIWasCool
19-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Instead of deliberately exploiting these errors you could have tested them on a different group and passed them along toe the technical team at the earliest convenience. Since you're bannd for it they will certainly be aware of it and be working towards patching them.

I don't believe in the player support tool, it's deceived me too many times, this will get the message out there that these exploits exist.

karter
19-04-2014, 10:13 PM
wait there are forums now? what? where

MKR&*42
19-04-2014, 10:14 PM
they are crappy in client ones karter and only available to a handful of habbo groups, someone else can provide more info than i.

Kyle
19-04-2014, 10:15 PM
I don't believe in the player support tool, it's deceived me too many times, this will get the message out there that these exploits exist.
there are technical staff in client such as macklebee that respond quite swiftly to this sort of thing should a user bring it to them.

wait there are forums now? what? where
on groups. still in beta stages i think? if u go to welcome lounge there are forum terminals

IWishIWasCool
19-04-2014, 10:17 PM
there are technical staff in client such as macklebee that respond quite swiftly to this sort of thing should a user bring it to them.

I'm 98.7% sure that macklebee is Myrax.

karter
19-04-2014, 10:18 PM
**** i didnt know thxxx

ps anyone know any good discussion groups

Storking
19-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Kitchen Ninjette's group sounds well active

Michael
19-04-2014, 10:23 PM
You should have took it to a private forum owned by a player rather than a staff to try it out. It's kinda your fault broadcasting testing out in the open.

IWishIWasCool
19-04-2014, 10:24 PM
You should have took it to a private forum owned by a player rather than a staff to try it out. It's kinda your fault broadcasting testing out in the open.

I wanted to do it publicly. not for attention but to show Sulake that such exploits exist .

Shorty
23-04-2014, 05:00 PM
I wanted to do it publicly. not for attention but to show Sulake that such exploits exist .
Habbo developers have known about this since the very beginning of making forums in beta, I personally made sure they were aware of it. I'm sure they are exploring ways of preventing this like CAPTCHA's, but I can imagine them wanting to avoid CAPTCHA's which is probably why there hasn't been a prevention against it yet.

As you know, forums are still private and are made in closed groups for this very reason to prevent spamming.

Most developers don't pay attention to every small detail of Habbo, which is why it's always best to use the Habbo Support Tool (help.habbo.com), so the ticket can be forwarded to the correct development department as moderators or support staff cannot fix in-game bugs.

As for your original question, yes I'm sure they have plans to prevent future 'exploits' like this on forums.

Kardan
23-04-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm 98.7% sure that macklebee is Myrax.

He's confirmed that himself.

James
23-04-2014, 07:44 PM
deserved the ban. you handled it wrongly. if you wanted to show them such exploits exist, then show them, not the whole damn community

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!