PDA

View Full Version : Cinema by yourself?

iBlueBox
21-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Has anyone ever been the cinema by themselves? whats it like?

Only because I really want to see the new spider-man and everyones at home for easter :( and I'm tempted to go myself but I don't know if thats weird.

ilovehabbs
21-04-2014, 03:55 PM
I haven't myself but I have a mate that does it quite often. And I wouldn't be opposed to going on my own if there was something I want to see. When you think about it, the cinema isn't exactly a social thing anyway so I don't find it weird in the slightest.

MKR&*42
21-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Yeah i went to see lego movie alone, its alright altho u do miss not goin with a friend but hey ull live.

Shar
21-04-2014, 04:02 PM
I've never been alone and I wouldn't go alone. I don't like watching films on my own.

Absently
21-04-2014, 04:04 PM
i've never gone alone to the cinema and probably won't, but that's just personal preference. i just get very lonely so probs not lol :( don't see the problem with anyone going by themselves and it's perfectly fine.

Kyle
21-04-2014, 04:04 PM
no way it seems like such a tragic thing to do

Futz
21-04-2014, 04:09 PM
I got stood up once

I went to see the movie tho anyway & when I was there I got approached by a group of girls asking if I was alone, I told them my situation and they were pretty nice about it. Ended up sitting with them and i'm still really good friends with o

dbgtz
21-04-2014, 04:09 PM
I always see the cinema as a more social thing to do so I would never consider going alone. I doubt you'll really notice it beyond purchasing the tickets though.

Inseriousity.
21-04-2014, 04:10 PM
I've done it a few times. Too expensive to do a lot but I don't think it's that big a deal. went to see spiderman 2 with my dad and we came out the cinema and just said "that was good movie" so unless you really want some in-depth analysis afterwards I don't see why it'd matter.

Red
21-04-2014, 04:18 PM
na id be embarrassed to go on my own, would just try find it online lmao

Kardan
21-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Personally, I'd never go alone.

Derrener
21-04-2014, 04:25 PM
god no. i'd be too embarrassed walk into the screen by myself.

never have. never will.

Drew
21-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Wow, I guess I'm the odd one here! I actually don't mind going to the cinema alone, in fact I have done it many times. It's such a great escape, like reading a book.

!x!dude!x!2
21-04-2014, 04:42 PM
I went once alone. never doing that again. it was so lonely and awkward

Mikey
21-04-2014, 06:19 PM
For me it's more of a social thing so I would rather not go on my own.

xxMATTGxx
21-04-2014, 06:25 PM
I've never been to the cinema on my own before. If there is something I really want to see then I can always drag my Dad out to watch them with me I guess if I'm not going with anyone else :P

wixard
21-04-2014, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't do it but power to those who do
actually id go see a few films in an independent film theatre if I wanted on my own

went last week and saw one guy alone in front of us and was like awwww i feel so bad for him but my friend was like 'why feel sorry for him, it was his choice' i was like oh true

Chris
21-04-2014, 06:38 PM
I've never been on my own. I wouldn't like it to be honest, I like talking about the film with someone once its over. :(

e5
21-04-2014, 08:42 PM
I've never been on my own and wouldn't lol I'd find it weird

Evanora
21-04-2014, 08:51 PM
i went to see les mis on my own (pretending he's beside me)

Shoed2
21-04-2014, 09:33 PM
i could never do that but hats off to people who have the confidence to do it!!

Jurv
21-04-2014, 11:53 PM
nah i've always thought about it though because i always miss films i really wanna see bc friends don't like them

i usually download them afterwards though so i'm not missing out or having to wait for dvd

Ekelektra
22-04-2014, 12:05 AM
I've gone a few times by myself, I don't really mind it!

Although last time I went I was the only one in the whole cinema which was pretty awkward especially at the end when the person came in to clean up she was standing there waiting for me to leave and when I walked past her and she asked me how I liked the movie, she probably thought I was so lonely haha.
But I felt like a VIP too as the whole movie was playing on the big screen just for me, and since I used a free ticket it cost me nothing.

Bankai90
22-04-2014, 12:07 AM
There was a few times that i wanted to go alone. Well, i really don't mind going alone as long as i do enjoy myself watching the movie.

LiquidLuck.
22-04-2014, 12:13 AM
I've never been and to be honest never will. I hate doing social stuff alone, and being in a dark room alone (even though it's actually full of people) as well haha. I just find it depressing and always love to share popcorns and see how far in the movie we can go without eating them all haha. Just my opinion, I'd rather wait for my friends to come see the movie with me or wait for it to be online. If you don't really mind it then, why not?

Liam
22-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Rofl no. What's what friends are for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt
22-04-2014, 08:52 AM
I've never been by myself. Although I don't really imagine it's that different to going with people. Maybe when you go by yourself you are more focused on the movie idk?

Liva
22-04-2014, 10:51 AM
I want to! Never have. I read somewhere it's a good experience though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derrener
22-04-2014, 11:01 AM
i read something online abut ppl going on their own and im rly surprised about how many people actually go alone and how much they enjoy it.

am gonna have to try it

Zak
22-04-2014, 12:51 PM
I'd go on my own but only if it was something I REALLY wanted to watch.

rnix
22-04-2014, 01:06 PM
I would never go to the Cinema by myself. I like to not look lonely :P

The Don
22-04-2014, 01:59 PM
I work at a cinema and there's always people coming in on their own, it's no big deal. I've only seen one film on my own (Attack the Block) because I had just finished work and needed to wait for a lift home. If I really wanted to see a film and had nobody to go with I would definitely just go on my own.

-Moniquee.
22-04-2014, 02:59 PM
I've never been by myself. Heaps of people do though - I would feel really lonely :(.

Gina
22-04-2014, 03:05 PM
no i havent myself haha why its great having a twin :P
my stepdad goes with me sometimes too because he feels bad about last summer and will do anythign to make up for the silly things hes done so he'll offer to take me
i wouldnt really mind going by myself tbh just never needed to

Firehorse
26-04-2014, 11:46 AM
People used to come to my old workplace to watch a movie alone all the time, it's not uncommon. I too watched most movies alone for most of 2012 and 2013 as I pretty much watched everything that got released, and working unsocial hours meant my free time was mid-week daytime when everybody else was at work or uni.
These days I only go to the cinema if somebody invites me once in a blue moon, it's just not worth the money at all.

Daltron
04-05-2014, 04:37 AM
I always have long gaps between classes and next to my uni is a big shopping centre with a cinema so I usually always go see a movie by myself. But a lot of students do that. I might feel uncomfortable if I went alone on like a Saturday night at my local cinema or something.

Hannah
06-05-2014, 12:24 PM
I'd feel like too much of a loner to go on my own - I don't really go anyway so it doesn't really bother me if something's in the cinema or not. I most likely won't be too fussed about watching it.

geo
06-05-2014, 04:53 PM
so many times! thinking about it, i've gone alone way more than i have gone with somebody

i find it kinda awkward at the start, but once the adverts have started i don't really care. i've only got like odd looks once or twice and i seriously didn't care because i just look forward to the film too much.

seems kinda lucky but whenever i've gone alone i've either: been sat alone or someone OLDER / YOUNGER (kid) has sat next to me, i think i'd find it hard if it was another teenager, and as far as i can remember that's rarely happened

it's not that bad... you're not exactly meant to talk anyway so it's all good for films (other than comedy which is always fun to talk about)
i guess that's the only thing that i miss, talking about the film after :P

Eric
07-05-2014, 01:10 PM
How is watching a movie alone awkward??? i personally like going to movies alone, i just don't like people talking to me when i'm watching the movie

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!