PDA

View Full Version : iPhone wont turn on.

Glen Coco
21-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Pretty sure my iPhone 4 is broken.
whenever i charge it it comes up with a message saying "temperature too high. please wait for device to cool down for using" and just comes up with the 'slide for emergency' writing.
during this time i cant use the phone. so i've been living with that for a few weeks now.
now it's ran out of battery so i put it on charge and its come up with the battery symbol but it's not charging. when i take it off charge it comes up with the picture of the usb at the bottom but when i plug it in it's just not charging.

panicking now cos i need the alarm and satnav for tomorrow. any way to fix it? i've tried charging it via computer rather than mains and its still not working.

-Nick
21-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Sounds like you charger is broken or the side which lets the electricity is broken.

Chippiewill
21-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Your battery is probably broken. Take it to Apple or buy a new one.

Shockwave.2CC
22-04-2014, 01:48 AM
whenever i charge it it comes up with a message saying "temperature too high. please wait for device to cool down for using" and just comes up with the 'slide for emergency' writing.
during this time i cant use the phone. so i've been living with that for a few weeks now.
now it's ran out of battery so i put it on charge and its come up with the battery symbol but it's not charging. when i take it off charge it comes up with the picture of the usb at the bottom but when i plug it in it's just not charging.

panicking now cos i need the alarm and satnav for tomorrow. any way to fix it? i've tried charging it via computer rather than mains and its still not working.
You just need to take it to an Apple store, and let someone who knows what they are doing sort it out for you. It's probably something simple.

Drunq
22-04-2014, 02:58 AM

Awww I hope you sorted it! I remembered I smashed the screen of my old phone and needed an alarm, so I bought a cheap phone. Could try that one! Satnav maybe get it on it? Aint you got a one you put in the car and just get an alarm to wake up! Sos my gasbagging just know how you feel!!! Deff take it to an Apple Store nearby tomoz!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Recursion
22-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Not to sound harsh but next time don't leave it to the day before you need it.

Battery controller or battery is probably dead.

Glen Coco
22-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Not to sound harsh but next time don't leave it to the day before you need it.

Battery controller or battery is probably dead.

it's my phone so I charge it everyday so not really leaving it until the day before.
so it finally turned on after about 2 hours of trying it on the mains again seeing as plugging it into the computer did sweet fa.

i've read that the temp thing is the motherboard frying when you plug it in?
think im just going to buy a 5s on finance

Shockwave.2CC
22-04-2014, 05:03 PM
it's my phone so I charge it everyday so not really leaving it until the day before.
so it finally turned on after about 2 hours of trying it on the mains again seeing as plugging it into the computer did sweet fa.

I've read that the temp thing is the motherboard frying when you plug it in?
think im just going to buy a 5s on finance

Don't plug it in till it's like 30% battery life left then it should be fine. That's what i do.
Don't leave it plugged in overnight either as as I think, if you leave it in for a length of time pass 100%, it might damage it (just what i think)

e5
22-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Don't plug it in till it's like 30% battery life left then it should be fine. That's what i do.
Don't leave it plugged in overnight either as as I think, if you leave it in for a length of time pass 100%, it might damage it (just what i think)

Leaving it charging over 100% doesn't damage it. Never has for me and i'm sure 90% of the population leave their phone in charge when they sleep.

Always a good idea not to plug it in until it's dying the improve battery performance, although if he's charging port is broken, that won't make a difference :P

Recursion
22-04-2014, 05:08 PM

It's fine to leave 99.9% of consumer batteries on charge over 100%

Shockwave.2CC
22-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Leaving it charging over 100% doesn't damage it. Never has for me and i'm sure 90% of the population leave their phone in charge when they sleep.

Always a good idea not to plug it in until it's dying the improve battery performance, although if he's charging port is broken, that won't make a difference :P

It's fine to leave 99.9% of consumer batteries on charge over 100%

As i said it's just what i think because everything seems to brake for me when I leave them on charge overnight.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!