PDA

View Full Version : Habbox Carnival

:odey:
22-04-2014, 11:11 PM
We haven't had the Carnival since Lewis left, but thought I'd make a thread to find out if you actually care that its gone, or if you have any ideas or suggestions to what you think should take its place?

I personally wasn't a massive fan of the Carnival.

sexpot
22-04-2014, 11:14 PM
I liked it, but it would have been nice to see some more variety in the games.

22-04-2014, 11:15 PM
I liked it, but it would have been nice to see some more variety in the games.

so kind of like the same but switching out some of the events for different ones each week?

lemons
22-04-2014, 11:27 PM
dont do a 1 room one do one with lots of rooms so u can change games every time

sexpot
22-04-2014, 11:29 PM
so kind of like the same but switching out some of the events for different ones each week?

mhmm

22-04-2014, 11:30 PM
dont do a 1 room one do one with lots of rooms so u can change games every time

Someone suggested a layout like The Cube or The HxHD eggtathalon. With loads of different games, all within one room, but all at the same time if that makes sense. Probably not.

They could be easily changed every week, and that would mean more than one game. Because multiple rounds could be hosted at the same time.

Sho
23-04-2014, 12:05 AM
The only issue with the Carnival event that I noticed was that each game would last around 40 minutes each so you'd only fit one event in each hour, which is a shame, especially when there are loads of people waiting to play and don't get the chance to. I think by the end they managed to get used to the wired enough to speed things up to 30 minutes per event, but even waiting 30 minutes for a game is too long imo.

A layout like The Cube would be better if I understand what you mean. Like, when they move on to the second round, another group can come in to play the first round? If that's what you meant I think that'd work out nicely. :) :odey:;

zebbadi
23-04-2014, 12:26 AM
We haven't had the Carnival since Lewis left, but thought I'd make a thread to find out if you actually care that its gone, or if you have any ideas or suggestions to what you think should take its place?

I personally wasn't a massive fan of the Carnival.

Would be cool if you could somehow put some of your unique wired games in.

LiquidLuck.
23-04-2014, 12:29 AM
I do believe Carnival should still be played with different rooms.

If the problem is waiting, then just get more hosts. Once one team goes through the second game, the second host comes to take another team in the first one, and do this with like 5-6 hosts.

OR

Get one host per room and a little section right in front of the tele with a door, so everyone who comes through the tele to the next room cannot just enter but needs to wait for the door to be opened. This was once team B went through to the third game, even if there was still team A in it playing, teams couldn't be mixed. And the hosts didn't need to change rooms as well.

I prefer option 2 better tbh. At least if someone is good at hosting 1 game, they can host it for the whole hour.

Kyle
23-04-2014, 02:28 AM
Heard of it but never saw any proper advertising for it or knew what it was about so never went.

Plebings
23-04-2014, 03:54 AM
i think a carnival slot a week getting loads of hosts to go through it would work really well. being stuck in the same group of people with the same host allows the players to actually communicate with the host and would leave a more lasting impression than your average event. and i love playing them.

Empired
23-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Someone suggested a layout like The Cube or The HxHD eggtathalon. With loads of different games, all within one room, but all at the same time if that makes sense. Probably not.

They could be easily changed every week, and that would mean more than one game. Because multiple rounds could be hosted at the same time.
HxHD hosted a game kinda like the Eggathalon last year or the year before I think where there were four unconnected games that you could play one at a time, rather than having to go through the games one by one. I explained that badly but I think I've still got the thread somewhere.. I could c+p it for you somewhere if you'd like to see it :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!