PDA

View Full Version : Ghost storie: Vampires [not for the weak hearted, contains blood references]

.mcgovlau.
07-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Foreword by me: This is a true story, you can choose to believe it and you can choose not to, but don't be rude <33

In the early 1770s, a Rhode Island farmer named Stuckley, the father of 14 children, feared that his oldest daughter Sarah was a vampire. Sarah ruled the roost, bossing her other brothers and sisters, and occasionally her mother and father as well. She seemed to take great delight in slaughtering the farm animals. The younger children complained to their parents that Sarah licked the blood from her fingers as if it were honey or jelly. In her early twenties, Sarah suddenly contracted consumption (a plaque) and within a few months she was dead. Shortly after Sarah was buried, one of her younger sisters began coughing up blood. The local doctor diagnosed her disease as consumption as well, later known as tuberculosis. In her delirious times, the younger sister told the parents that the ghost of Sarah visited her each night to sit on her stomach in an attempt to suffocate her and drink blood from her neck. Consumption spread throughout the whole family and five more children slowly died, they all complained of Sarah's ghost as well. When Stuckley's wife took ill to the same thing, he took action. They exhumed (dug up) the body of Sarah, to find that she was well preserved, still growing (hair and nails and her body) and when they cut into her body, they discovered that her heart was still filling with blood. They concluded that Sarah was indeed a vampire, cut out her heart, and burned it. A week later, unfortunenately, Mrs Stuckley died, but the rest of the children were left unharmed from then on.

The End

Citation

Cahill, Robert Ellis. "Visiting Our Local Vampires." New England's Things That Go Bump In The Night. By Robert Ellis Cahill. Peabody, Massachusetts: Chandler-Smith Publishing House, 1989. 12-13.

Hiccupmax
07-09-2005, 10:40 PM
O_O

Thats Quite A Nice Little Story There
:)
Perfect Thing To Read Just Before Going To Bed.
Its Not Really That Spooky , But I Wondered What Happened To The Whole
Put A Stake Through The Heart Thing o.O
Unless Thats Just Propagander :D

Really Enjoyed Reading It To Be Honest :D

.mcgovlau.
07-09-2005, 10:48 PM
haha its spooky if you live near the town that it happened in ;) im from New England, all the stories in the book are from there. I think the stake through the heart is just for movies, back then they didn't have dracula i think. Most likely they were thinking...maybe if we burn it..it will stop haha

and ill shall post more :) im glad you liked it

kasi
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
nah i dont believe it :)

Biseinen
08-09-2005, 09:10 AM
I feel like Simon Cowell now... That was pathetic.

Kieeran
08-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Untrue, but nice story

.mcgovlau.
08-09-2005, 10:48 AM
I feel like Simon Cowell now... That was pathetic.

hahahah i love simon cowell "That was truely the most unpleasant thing ive ever heard in my entire life, never sing again please!"

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!