PDA

View Full Version : What brings you back?

Camcorder
26-04-2014, 01:29 PM
I just started going on Habbo again after a year of inactivity. Before that I've been playing on and off--I've been playing since 2005.

I know that some old users here feel nostalgic about old Habbo. And I'm not sure if it is that nostalgia that brings people back, or if there is actually stuff to do in the hotel.

The only reason I'm hooked now is because I want to finish building a room. But I know that once it's completed, I'll just get bored and quit again.

I was just wondering what keeps you guys loyal to Habbo, and what makes you keep coming back to it, whether each day or once every few months. I want to be as excited about Habbo as I was before, but there really isn't anything interesting to be a part of in the hotel now.

wixard
26-04-2014, 01:42 PM
just some people on this forum still use it so i will go on from time to time to chat with them or go to events

Storking
26-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Before Easter and for the past year I hadn't played for more than 10 minutes a month probably.

Initially I went back to take part in HxEE and so the fansites lured me back in but then you end up chatting to people and so friendships are the secondary lure and continue to have that hold over you once you're done with fansites

Zak
26-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Nostalgia. Whether I like it or not Habbo was a huge part of my life and I still enjoy playing it. I've quit playing Habbo many times but have always come back. I like room building if I'm honest.

Jurv
26-04-2014, 02:27 PM
it's usually to speak to people, host events or cure boredom

Joshirin
26-04-2014, 02:30 PM
getting rich lol

Kyle
26-04-2014, 05:54 PM
people
room building

LiquidLuck.
26-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Wanting to find reasons to procrastinate, which turns using the forum as an addiction and when I do want to study, I can't. :'(

Also of course the community.

TannerJP
26-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Wanting to find reasons to procrastinate, which turns using the forum as an addiction and when I do want to study, I can't. :'(

Also of course the community.

Basically this^

Every couple months I would pop into habbo, just to see how things have changed. Then one day I decided I'd try and get back into it, and the nostalgia kicked in! Really I meet some cool people on there. And yes, it does give me something to procrastinate with when I don't want to study ;)

Brad
26-04-2014, 11:15 PM
I have had the same experience. I started back in 2005, and after being dedicated for approximately 4 years, I went off to school, and habbo became a distant memory. Just this past year I have had lots of time on my hands and my friend, Drewar, while on one night suggested taking a look at Habbox.com since, at that time, he was Bravo's Head Manager. After joining in January at Habbox, I've been back and kind of doing the same and even more now.

It's crazy how friends really connect you back into the system. Even though some of the slang words still get me, especially when hosting like chain reaction or something on that level. haha!

Like Stop the Bus. Who invents these types of Revenge mini games? :P

!x!dude!x!2
27-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Would have to be the people at habbox. I like talking to them better than my real life friends

Futz
27-04-2014, 12:44 AM
I like to adopt teenagers who talk like babies on habbo

TEENAGE.TSHIRT
05-05-2014, 12:22 AM
I know exactly what you mean.
I have been on since 06 and have just logged back on today after not playing for years.
It really may be the memories and old friends I had on habbo that bring me back, even though they are long gone.
I guess I just hope that I'll make more friends like the ones I had, even though it seems harder now than ever.

Absently
05-05-2014, 12:51 AM
recently came back out of pure procrastination, i had a lot of assignments due and i got into playing again and now that i've started building rooms again i look forward to it sadly :(

Camcorder
05-05-2014, 02:38 AM
recently came back out of pure procrastination, i had a lot of assignments due and i got into playing again and now that i've started building rooms again i look forward to it sadly :(

Me too! I know I'm hooked again when I wake up in the morning and look forward to checking Habbo...

karter
05-05-2014, 09:41 AM
room building and the amount of stuff i have on the game is just impossible to let go

lemons
05-05-2014, 09:44 AM
my friends of course and falling furnis

kitten
05-05-2014, 10:18 AM
i come back 4 the friends only

Hannah
05-05-2014, 11:51 AM
I started getting more involved in fansites, which in turn made me go on more.

Then I was hacked and I haven't been on so much, yet I do visit often for friends.

Sian
05-05-2014, 01:04 PM
hmmmm, well whilst at uni I used to pop on every now and then, got back into fansites near the end of uni, made new friends then decided to become staff at Habbox as I'd never bothered before.

Now I can't get off again.

UnrealGoffEmo
11-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Well, registerd but at one time wasn't totally into the Rdaio and rooms etc (guess was a long time lurker) but I loved some of the posts by people from say 5 years since like Stryderman?? and other guys who seemed to be "in " (most posts going) whoappeared to know their stuff (Radio, Cool Rooms, whatever Habb wise). Not as I'm saying the guy's of today don't know your stuff, though it just seemed way busyer = why I joined and never sadly got into it/and posting!! (sorry) Wish I had had a chance to be on here when it seemed busy as an outsider (though it's still great now) mind. An ace forum indeed.

Unusual
26-05-2014, 06:54 PM
i was bored & logged on for the first time since 2010 to find people that i hadn't spoken to for 4 years and it was good to catch up

so the people

BlueEyedSarah
26-05-2014, 07:47 PM
I would pop on from time to time to see the changes and communicate on the groups I'm on, recently I have found time on my hands like everyone else here has said and find myself going on there again.

Attached
28-05-2014, 04:54 PM
I come on to update the Museum and chat with some friends. The "friends" are few and far between these days due to the lack of oldies still knocking about. I could really do with more, someone should arrange a meet and greet.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!