PDA

View Full Version : Are you good at cooking or not?

MKR&*42
26-04-2014, 09:22 PM
I absolutely suck at any cooking, no actually just being in the kitchen in general. When I make something I use like every pot and pan we have - i just tried making a goddamn smoothie and i forgot to put the bottom on and it went EVERYWHERE....... I'm so incompetent

Are you good in the kitchen?

Any blonde/stupid moments you've had when cooking?

Worst tasting thing you've made?

some ideas so u all dont just post no/yes -.-

Derrener
26-04-2014, 09:31 PM
i can only cook microwave stuff LMAO .

im crap in the kitchen

ermm no blonde moments... yet xD

and ermm i dunno. i hardly ever cook

Alkaz
26-04-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm such an amazing cook! I don't generally use recipies but when I do I always improvise and add/take things out to suit my own tastes. I literally just made such an amazing chilli earlier for dinner tomorrow, can't wait!

David
26-04-2014, 09:38 PM
proficient is a word i'd use to describe my cooking abilities

Jurv
26-04-2014, 09:54 PM
i'm good at cooking but i don't do it much anymore and leave it to my mum

whenever i do cook i tend to get it right and taste as much as i can as i go along so i'll like it

Kardan
26-04-2014, 09:56 PM
I can do basic things, but there's no need for me to cook because Charz777; is just amazing.

lemons
26-04-2014, 09:58 PM
yes really good at cooking

the only blonde moment ive had is when i used salt instead of sugar in gcse food tech in cupcakes

!x!dude!x!2
26-04-2014, 10:00 PM
I couldnt cook if my life depended on it.

Futz
26-04-2014, 10:05 PM
it's not that I'm bad at cooking, like give me a cook book and I'll probably be able to cook a real nice dinner

it's that I lack the effort to make something that takes ages to make for myself knowing I'll just be hungry again a bit later

if I had a nice bird I'd probably try and cook more cool meals

but I don't so beans on toast sounds good

Kardan
26-04-2014, 10:06 PM
it's not that I'm bad at cooking, like give me a cook book and I'll probably be able to cook a real nice dinner

it's that I lack the effort to make something that takes ages to make for myself knowing I'll just be hungry again a bit later

if I had a nice bird I'd probably try and cook more cool meals

but I don't so beans on toast sounds good

Chicken? Duck? I usually use turkey cause it's cheaper.

Inseriousity.
26-04-2014, 10:17 PM
My cooking level is 86. /nerdrsjoke lolol

I prefer baking to cooking but maybe cos I just find baking cakes tastier to eat at the end.

Futz
26-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Chicken? Duck? I usually use turkey cause it's cheaper.

lmfaoooo

just terrible

Kyle
26-04-2014, 10:33 PM
I get so engrossed in the act of preparing a meal, love it. can cook most things but most of time just bung whatever I have in a pan and let it sizzle for a bit. also love baking!!

iBlueBox
26-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Yea, I can cook amazingly. My nan taught me as a kid, used to cook / bake with her all the time.

I always make my flatmates roast dinners at uni lmao

Kardan
26-04-2014, 10:46 PM
lmfaoooo

just terrible

I have tons of terrible jokes. If I have a daughter when she tells me she's pregnant, I'm totally going to be like 'Hi pregnant, how are you?'.

Red
26-04-2014, 10:53 PM
I do all my own cooking now but really don't enjoy it at all Also a lot of the time after cooking something I lose my appetite.

Sho
29-04-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm improving but I'm still terrible. It's okay I'll get Drew; to cook for me hehe

Phil
29-04-2014, 01:18 AM
I really wanna learn how to properly cook, I'm so bad at it! The only thing I can cook is toast and steak (yes I know it's one extreme to the next lol). I much prefer baking and even though I'm not that good at it, I've never failed terribly! I make fantastic pancakes though! (A)

sexpot
29-04-2014, 03:09 AM
I love cooking! My mother and grandmother taught me how to from a young age and I've kept at it ever since :P definitely love barbecuing the most

Zak
29-04-2014, 06:40 AM
I'm ok at cooking. I can cook the essentials like curry and spaghetti bolognese but I'm not really a good cook.

Laura is an excellent cook on the otherhand. :)

buttons
29-04-2014, 07:42 AM
well my mum doesn't make meals really she just pops something in the oven so that's all i can do and make chips
dont even ask me to make desserts because they go horribly wrong
once im a housewife im gonna learn loads

Sharon
29-04-2014, 09:32 AM
I can make a realy good chilli that my family loves lol apart from that I can do spaghetti

Sian
29-04-2014, 10:20 AM
I love cooking and I am pretty good at anything i try to cook.

Which means all my male friends keep saying I'm well domesticated and should marry them...

WAAH.

God
01-05-2014, 02:00 AM
Im really good at making homemade dough

500ml of flour
200ml of water
pinch of salt and baking powder
dab of oil

mix and kneed until its perfect, spread on pan and go to town with vegis and cheese :D

Kyle
01-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Im really good at making homemade dough

500ml of flour
200ml of water
pinch of salt and baking powder
dab of oil

mix and kneed until its perfect, spread on pan and go to town with vegis and cheese :D
dont u use yeast? isnt ur dough flat and hard?

Chris
01-05-2014, 11:29 AM
I dont think im particularly bad at cooking. I dont make anything amazing but I would survive if i was on my own :P

Absently
01-05-2014, 11:37 AM
i'm mediocre at cooking really, i personally never enjoy it and get bored quite easily. normally, even if other people think what i've cooked is nice i still manage to find flaws in my cooking skills. although, i rarely do the cooking and it's mostly jake, i just do the prep :P

God
01-05-2014, 05:40 PM
dont u use yeast? isnt ur dough flat and hard?

Its a yeast free pizza dough :D

It rises a bit but its more of a thin crust pizza.

geo
01-05-2014, 05:48 PM
i am absolutely awful, despite taking food tech GCSE in hope that i'd learn some basics.

i have a big fear of heat though (like i am absolutely terrified about getting burned) which puts me off using a lot of the cooking equipment, essentially making it very hard for me to cook stuff. otherwise i think i'd be pretty good at making food, as i can easily follow instructions, and when i did do food tech and work well in it, my stuff did taste good.

sometimes cooking puts me off food a little though because you see the absolute **** that goes into some food and YEAH it's not so gr8

james,
01-05-2014, 09:43 PM
yeah am not that bad tbh

FlyingJesus
01-05-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm good at everything

Daltron
04-05-2014, 04:40 AM
I burn toast

Elegance
04-05-2014, 04:34 PM
absolutely hopeless at cooking anything, i only learnt how to make toast just over a year ago lol

Hannah
04-05-2014, 05:52 PM
I can cook, though a lot of the time I will choose to eat a salad for pure speed and enjoyment.

I tend to avoid cooking as I don't really like doing it.

Rachel
05-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Are you good in the kitchen?
I am not bad in the kitchen, I do cook a lot of stuff when I am in the mood xD

Any blonde/stupid moments you've had when cooking?
Yes it happened once when I was making spiribs and i put the cooking pot on the boiler and didn't turn the stove on and noticed 1 hour after....lol

Worst tasting thing you've made?
Spinach salade >.>

TEENAGE.TSHIRT
05-05-2014, 12:32 AM
Don't feel too bad, I am no good at cooking either.
I always have to use directions and even then, it never tastes or comes out the way its supposed to.
The biggest mistake bake I ever made was probably my mum's birthday cake last year... It exploded in the oven and I had to scrub it out for a long time.
I haven't tampered with that oven since...

Eric
07-05-2014, 01:00 PM
err not really as i tend to follow cookbooks, sometimes getting the right ingredients is quite an effort!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!