PDA

View Full Version : UKIP MOVE TO FIRST PLACE IN EURO ELECTIONS

Chippiewill
27-04-2014, 10:23 AM
UKIP have overtaken Labour in voting intention for the forthcoming European elections

In the latest YouGov survey for the Sunday Times, the Eurosceptic party have moved into first place for the May 22nd European Parliament elections.

UKIP are now on 31%, up from 23% on March 18th. Labour have consistently polled first, however they now move into second on 28%, down from 32% over the same period. The Conservatives remain in third, on 19%, down from 24%.
http://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/04/25/ukip-move-first-place-euro-elections/

It's been a pretty pathetic week from the traditional media running the most unsubtle smear campaign imaginable and clearly the British public isn't taking much notice.

-:Undertaker:-
27-04-2014, 11:42 AM
I've personally enjoyed the smear campaign - first they tried to have a go at the fact that the man on the new posters was an actor (SHOCK HORROR, MAN ON ADVERT IS ACTOR) and then they tried having a go at the fact that he's apparently from the Republic of Ireland and therefore a migrant.... the point being what? The Irish Republic and the United Kingdom have had open borders together since 1923. :P And besides, we haven't a problem with controlled and sensible immigration. That's great.

The establishment have lost the argument and they're resorting to the lowest tactics ever. I don't know if anybody has noticed - some on the Mail have - but the Daily Mail have actually been fixing the comment ratings on their anti-Ukip articles to make it appear as though the public is against them. Not in the bag though as they say, but I think with luck Ukip could score 30% to 40% if all goes well. If Farage pulls this off, it'll be the first time in history that a non-Labour/Tory Party has won a national election and the first time in history that the Tories come third in a national election.

It's time to smash apart this elitist consensus between the main three parties.

Kardan
27-04-2014, 11:45 AM
I've personally enjoyed the smear campaign - first they tried to have a go at the fact that the man on the new posters was an actor (SHOCK HORROR, MAN ON ADVERT IS ACTOR) and then they tried having a go at the fact that he's apparently from the Republic of Ireland and therefore a migrant.... the point being what? The Irish Republic and the United Kingdom have had open borders together since 1923. :P And besides, we haven't a problem with controlled and sensible immigration. That's great.

The establishment have lost the argument and they're resorting to the lowest tactics ever. I don't know if anybody has noticed - some on the Mail have - but the Daily Mail have actually been fixing the comment ratings on their anti-Ukip articles to make it appear as though the public is against them.

Not in the bag though as they say, but I think with luck Ukip could score 30% to 40%. If Farage pulls this off, it'll be the first time in history that a non-Labour/Tory Party has won a national election and the first time in history that the Tories come third in a national election.

The point I took from that was originally Farage said UKIP never used actors, but then he quickly changed his mind once people discovered that it was an actor :P

Anyway, it's looking good for UKIP, but I guess the big test will be in a years time. And does that mean you'll stop using comments from Daily Mail users in your arguments? :P

27-04-2014, 11:57 AM
The point I took from that was originally Farage said UKIP never used actors, but then he quickly changed his mind once people discovered that it was an actor :P

Don't think he said that, think he said that he can't win really - because on a leaflet they used a pretty girl who is half Indian and said she was a Ukip voter, but she also happens to work in the Ukip HQ in London. So the media went wild saying that the girl isn't really a voter and Ukip were telling porkies etc.... so whether they use actors or their own staff they can't win really.

Then we get called xenophobic/racist but when we point out that Ukip MEPs employ EU nationals they have a go at that too.

Anyway, it's looking good for UKIP, but I guess the big test will be in a years time. And does that mean you'll stop using comments from Daily Mail users in your arguments? :P

I've never come across it before, it's only on Ukip articles that they reverse the comment likes. You'll look one minute and it'll be say 2,000+ and -400 for a anti-Ukip comment, and suddenly about five of the worst rated comments will shoot to the top of the best rated half an hour later. But hey, I prefer the Telegraph comments... much more witty. :P

But yeah you are right about a years time. The big test for these elections really isn't the European Elections (it's a pointless parliament and just a PR campaign) it's the Local Elections held on the same day. If Ukip can win hundreds of seats again, they'll know what seats to target in 2015.

Kardan
27-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Don't think he said that, think he said that he can't win really - because on a leaflet they used a pretty girl who is half Indian and said she was a Ukip voter, but she also happens to work in the Ukip HQ in London. So the media went wild saying that the girl isn't really a voter and Ukip were telling porkies etc.... so whether they use actors or their own staff they can't win really.

Then we get called xenophobic/racist but when we point out that Ukip MEPs employ EU nationals they have a go at that too.

I've never come across it before, it's only on Ukip articles that they reverse the comment likes. You'll look one minute and it'll be say 2,000+ and -400 for a anti-Ukip comment, and suddenly about five of the worst rated comments will shoot to the top of the best rated half an hour later. But hey, I prefer the Telegraph comments... much more witty. :P

But yeah you are right about a years time. The big test for these elections really isn't the European Elections (it's a pointless parliament and just a PR campaign) it's the Local Elections held on the same day. If Ukip can win hundreds of seats again, they'll know what seats to target in 2015.

Farage said: "Most parties use actors. We use Ukippers" because one of the people on his campaign leaflets wasn't an ordinary voter but actually one of Farage's assistants. Then two days later they sent out a statement where they said 'We also use actors'.

I mean, Farage didn't really think about what he said, but it's hardly an issue I think, and I do agree that the media are targeting UKIP more than other parties, but I don't blame them, since there are some things about UKIP that are news worthy, like the latest guy standing for UKIP at the European elections that says Lenny Henry should 'emigrate to a black country' or something like that. But I agree that if a UKIP member said that, they would get more attention from the media if it was a Lib Dem for example.

27-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Farage said: "Most parties use actors. We use Ukippers" because one of the people on his campaign leaflets wasn't an ordinary voter but actually one of Farage's assistants. Then two days later they sent out a statement where they said 'We also use actors'.

Well she is a voter. That's all the leaflet claimed. As for the actors, they do usually use members to be fair.

But it's such a non-issue. As I said - actor used in adverts SHOCKER!

I mean, Farage didn't really think about what he said, but it's hardly an issue I think, and I do agree that the media are targeting UKIP more than other parties, but I don't blame them, since there are some things about UKIP that are news worthy, like the latest guy standing for UKIP at the European elections that says Lenny Henry should 'emigrate to a black country' or something like that.

Well Lenny Henry is from the Black Country, he was born there so I hear. :P

But yes there are some nuts, but that applies to any party. Labour has ex-BNP councillors after all.

But I agree that if a UKIP member said that, they would get more attention from the media if it was a Lib Dem for example.

Exactly. I'm all for politicians being exposed and challenged, but this is so one-sided it's pathetic.

27-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Got more data on the poll btw -

UK - YouGov #EP2014 poll:

UKIP 31%
LAB 28%
CON 19%
LD 9%
GRN 8%

Among certain to vote:

UKIP 36%
LAB 28%
CON 16%
GRN 9%
LD 7%

We could see the Greens outpoll the Liberal Democrats. Liberals could very well lose all their MEP seats, same for the BNP.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!