PDA

View Full Version : Are you an Achievement Freak?

KingEvan
28-04-2014, 09:40 AM
I like to get alot of gamerscore achievements on my xbox live account to like just get that number higher lol.. Its kind of like habbo's achievementscore. I like to get all my achievements on habbo aswell. Thats why i have about 16k score on habbo. You can earn trophies (I think its trophies, i dont ever use ps) on playstation aswell. I also watch alot of Achievement Hunter And Roosterteeth on youtube. So are you guys achievement freaks aswell wether it is on xbox/ps/habbo/anything else.

Zak
28-04-2014, 09:45 AM
I am but not achievements :P trophies (I'm a Sony man!)

Adam
28-04-2014, 09:55 AM
I think the fact that people use achievements as a measurement of game completion is a bit sad because I can complete a game and not get all the achievements. That's the gaming world we're living in now though, I guess. I do like going for some achievements though - not the grinding ones because why? I have a job, I have a life. I also have 47,515 gamerscore amassed over nearly 6 years.

Kardan
28-04-2014, 10:06 AM
I got a 360 a few months after release and I only have around ~22,000, so I'd say no. Only had 2 games I've got all the achievements for and that was Lego Harry Potter. The only game I actively went for all the achievements was Rock Band 3.

Matthew
28-04-2014, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't say I'm an achievement "freak" :P

I do like achievements and maybe there have been a few times when I've done things in games that I wouldn't normally have attempted just to get the achievement, but sometimes that's been for the better. I mean one example is the daedric quests in skyrim; I wouldn't have looked into how to start all of the quests and so I most likely wouldn't have done them if not for the achievement- and I ended up really enjoying working through them.

On games like fifa, the 50 hour achievement made me try some online head to head which I wouldn't have tried otherwise (I'm mainly an ultimate team person which doesn't count towards the achievement ;l) and again ended up really enjoying getting the achievement.

So idk, maybe sometimes I do just go for the gamerscore but I'm glad I did in many cases. I won't keep playing a game just to get the gamerscore if its boring me to death.

GoldenMerc
28-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Sometimes, Think I have 42k achievements but thats over the course of something like 6 years and over 200 games :P

Southe,
04-05-2014, 01:07 PM
See signature, I just see Trophies as a way to play a game longer, Certain games I'm not gonna bother and just play as my backlog is to big. Things like Dead Rising where you have to kill 72,000 Zombies is just stupid in my opinion.

Officer-Chris
06-05-2014, 08:42 AM
I love to get trophies on the PS4 Used to have an Xbox one but it took so long to install a game and plus they have a bad rep system so in the end I just eventually switched to a PS4. Still hitting them trophies though :D No regrets

Hannah
06-05-2014, 08:47 AM
I tend to play games purely for the gameplay, though achievements/trophies are sometimes fun or nice to have.

I started working my way through the achievements for The Last of Us - it's only a short game and you can unlock clothes and stuff for the characters. :)

Phil
06-05-2014, 09:55 AM
I play the game for the story and gameplay, achievements are just a bonus. I don't really like free play games like even when playing GTA I just like playing the missions

If here's a game I love playing and I've completed it I might just try get some of the Achievments but I'm certainly not bothered about my score, just gives me reason to keep playing

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

22-05-2014, 05:38 PM
I enjoy achievements. I've had my 360 since 2007 and I've just hit 60,000 so I'm far from obsessed. They definitely add to the overall gaming experience for me.

!x!dude!x!2
23-05-2014, 12:28 AM
I got close to 17k on habbo and i use ps4 :P

wordofwisdom
23-05-2014, 10:43 AM
my mate has 23k legit but saying that he's a fat *REMOVED* and never goes outside

Edited by Calum0812 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter, thanks!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!