PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Upcoming EU elections (UK), who has your vote?

Firehorse
28-04-2014, 10:23 PM
It would be quite interesting to get an idea of which party the majority of this forum supports. As the vast majority of forum users are in their teens and early twenties, this could be a good indicator of the general opinion of young voters.

lemons
28-04-2014, 10:25 PM
BNP :)

-:Undertaker:-
28-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Latest polling for the European Elections (YouGov):

UKIP 31%
Labour 28%
Conservatives 19%
Liberal Democrats 9%
Greens 8%

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/28/article-0-1D6A30A300000578-751_634x442.jpg

And here are some of the party broadcasts if people want to watch -

Conservatives

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF45vlC5w_Y

Ukip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCcaDIbwwQY

Labour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41_zFHcG1R0

Liberal Democrats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gf2JNsDkVw

Greens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iitH2FsWarE&list=UUJ812xlx_mKRjcZqq_zah2w

I'm voting Ukip (obviously) and I hope that as a result, these will be the only and last European Elections I have to vote in. :P

Edited by Wispur (Assistant General Manager (Staff)): Please do not embed more than 3 videos in one post.

Kardan
28-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Labour, although they're European election broadcast fails to mention Europe at all, whoops!

The Lib Dems also sound appealing, but hey, we all know what they're like with promises.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god, maybe I'll vote for the Green party. That video was hilarious!

The Don
29-04-2014, 01:32 AM
Labour just so that UKIP hopefully doesn't win.

RyRy
29-04-2014, 01:56 AM
Voting for Labour yet not knowing what their EU policy actually is right now...

Least you'd be in the same boat as Labour, clueless as to what to do haha. I think I'll likely vote UKIP, I admire what David Cameron did against the EU but UKIP imo are a bit more ahead of the curve in the EU respect (general election is a different kettle of fish)

29-04-2014, 02:10 AM
The entire campaign so far from the Labour/Conservative/Liberal Democrat cartel appears to simply be "stop Ukip".

Which is excellent for Ukip considering how Ukip are trying to point out to everybody that the three main parties are all exactly the same.

The Don
29-04-2014, 02:12 AM
Voting for Labour yet not knowing what their EU policy actually is right now...

Least you'd be in the same boat as Labour, clueless as to what to do haha. I think I'll likely vote UKIP, I admire what David Cameron did against the EU but UKIP imo are a bit more ahead of the curve in the EU respect (general election is a different kettle of fish)

If that's aimed at me how on earth do you know what I know/don't know about the different parties policies? Anything to get a cheap dig in isn't it Ryan.

29-04-2014, 02:13 AM
If that's aimed at me how on earth do you know what I know/don't know about the different parties policies? Anything to get a cheap dig in isn't it Ryan.

He's referring to Kardan's post pointing out how the Labour European Elections broadcast doesn't even mention Europe, I think.

RyRy
29-04-2014, 02:13 AM
The entire campaign so far from the Labour/Conservative/Liberal Democrat cartel appears to simply be "stop Ukip".

Which is excellent for Ukip considering how Ukip are trying to point out to everybody that the three main parties are all exactly the same.

I think the conservatives are more of the" Anything you can do, we can do better" frame of mind. The other two, well one is all for staying IN(sane) THE EU and the other one forgot there's two parliaments.

I was referring to Kardans post like Dan said, you hadn't posted when I was typing out on my mobile, or least I never noticed.

Regardless I wasn't having a dig at anybodys knowledge of every party's EU stance. I was having a dig at how every party bar one realised it was the EU elections yet people are voting for them for... Not sure why? If you know Labours policy on EU do say, as I don't think they seem to know themselves! :/

The Don
29-04-2014, 02:20 AM
I think the conservatives are more of the" Anything you can do, we can do better" frame of mind. The other two, well one is all for staying IN(sane) THE EU and the other one forgot there's two parliaments.

I was referring to Kardans post like Dan said, you hadn't posted when I was typing out on my mobile, or least I never noticed.

Regardless I wasn't having a dig at anybodys knowledge of every party's EU stance. I was having a dig at how every party bar one realised it was the EU elections yet people are voting for them for... Not sure why? If you know Labours policy on EU do say, as I don't think they seem to know themselves! :/

My apologies, it's been a long day.

RyRy
29-04-2014, 02:23 AM
My apologies, it's been a long day.

Its fine, I just want to know what Labour's policy is. I'm not against Labour by any means but if they can't say what they're going to actually do, it's hard to be inspired to vote for them.

29-04-2014, 02:29 AM
Its fine, I just want to know what Labour's policy is. I'm not against Labour by any means but if they can't say what they're going to actually do, it's hard to be inspired to vote for them.

But then again, even when they say what their policy is can you even trust them? :P

If you look at the history of this topic over the past 40 years, all three main parties keep promising either a referendum/no more powers to the EU or some kind of reform yet nothing of the sort happens. All three of them promised some sort of referendum during the past 10 years yet nothing.

The Tories this time round and now promising a referendum (ha!) and Labour are saying no more powers to the EU without our consent (ha!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Azbex0crM

Labour goons, including Miliband, being questioned on why we cannot have a say. Great stuff from the late Tony Benn aswell.

Chippiewill
29-04-2014, 02:49 AM
Oh god, maybe I'll vote for the Green party. That video was hilarious!
I think it's hilarious too, but I think you have to bear in mind that they effectively spent half of their election broadcast making a strawman out of two other parties.

Firehorse
29-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Labour just so that UKIP hopefully doesn't win.

You do know that isn't how it works right? UKIP already have seats, the same number of seats that labour currently do. It's not about winning or losing overall, just how many seats a party gets in the EU parliament.

I don't quite like labour's tactics in this election. It's bribery: "vote for us and look at all the money we'll give you"... Never mind addressing the cause of why handouts need to be given in the first place. Of course people will vote for a party who practically buy their votes.

Sian
29-04-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm a labour girl but they really haven't put very strong opinions on the EU so yeh.

Can't really vote now anyway... -cry-

Shar
29-04-2014, 01:43 PM
haha love the green party's video was hilarious

I don't think I will be voting

Naturlee
29-04-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm really unsure who to vote for. I'm definitely going to have to re-watch the broadcasts and do a bit of research before voting day. :S

RyRy
29-04-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm really unsure who to vote for. I'm definitely going to have to re-watch the broadcasts and do a bit of research before voting day. :S

omg NATURLEE ITS RYAN HEY LOL :P :P :P :P

Green partys video is hilarious btw, I don't know how Nigel Farage could not laugh at that himself.

Naturlee
29-04-2014, 03:26 PM
omg NATURLEE ITS RYAN HEY LOL :P :P :P :P

Green partys video is hilarious btw, I don't know how Nigel Farage could not laugh at that himself.

HEEEEY RYANGEEEEEEEEE

missin ya, how ya doing?

Anyway, back on topic. I still have no idea who to vote for. I'm leaning towards Labour personally.

RyRy
29-04-2014, 03:28 PM
HEEEEY RYANGEEEEEEEEE

missin ya, how ya doing?

Anyway, back on topic. I still have no idea who to vote for. I'm leaning towards Labour personally.

Why you leaning towards Labour? They haven't actually said what they're going to do in the EU which is like BARMY considering people are saying they'll go for them regardless.

I'm good, still in Edinburgh and just finished my exams, just got coursework to do now. Also there's a very funny smell in my room and I'm not sure what it is. Yourself? PM moi

Naturlee
29-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Why you leaning towards Labour? They haven't actually said what they're going to do in the EU which is like BARMY considering people are saying they'll go for them regardless.

I'm good, still in Edinburgh and just finished my exams, just got coursework to do now. Also there's a very funny smell in my room and I'm not sure what it is. Yourself? PM moi

The area I reside in is very Labour orientated. I suppose it is EU though, not local. I really do need to look into this further!

Ah how exciting. Dude I'll PM you now :)

FlyingJesus
29-04-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't vote because none of the parties are pledging to make me King. Also the woman in the Green Party video annoys me with her uneven brows

dbgtz
29-04-2014, 10:13 PM
I'd vote UKIP if I bothered to register. Don't see myself voting UKIP for general election though :)

Inseriousity.
29-04-2014, 10:22 PM
how would voting for ukip make that the last european election if it's the general election they'd need to win to actually be able to leave.

30-04-2014, 01:01 PM
One hell of a surge for the purples in last night's European Election polling.

http://www.ukip.org/ukip_on_course_to_deliver_political_earthquake

UKIP on course to deliver political earthquake

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmdEHucCcAEIYW0.png:large

UKIP's European Election campaign is on course to deliver a gigantic political earthquake according to two new polls out today.

The first from TNS-BMRB shows UKIP in first place with 36%. A ComRes poll has UKIP on 38%, an 11% lead over Labour and 20% ahead of the Conservatives.

TNS-BRMB:

UKIP: 36%
Labour: 27%
Conservatives: 18%
Liberal Democrats 10%

ComRes:

UKIP: 38%
Labour: 27%
Conservatives: 18%
Liberal Democrats 8%

UKIP Director of Communications Patrick O'Flynn said: "These two latest polls chime with what we are picking up on the doorsteps. People are sick of the pro-Brussels political establishment and are flocking to UKIP for an alternative.

“In particular they want Britain to take back control of its borders and impose immigration controls with regard to other EU countries. And they really do not like seeing that view described as racist.

“There is no room for complacency at all and everyone at UKIP will be working flat out right up until May 22 to deliver the best possible result in the European and local elections.

“But there is no doubt that the signs are very promising for us just now and morale is extremely high. Our message to all UKIP members is to keep getting out on the campaign trail and help us make political history.”​

Kardan
30-04-2014, 04:02 PM
What were the last percentage votes for the previous European Elections? Did the conservatives ever get as high as 36/38%?

I mean, I can understand that UKIP is bound to get more popular as time goes on, I'm just astounded that it's increasing so exponentially.

Chippiewill
30-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Apparently the libdems might not get any MEPs at all o.O

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw this in response to the fresh polls:
http://i.imgur.com/W6OoT8O.jpg

30-04-2014, 04:58 PM
What were the last percentage votes for the previous European Elections? Did the conservatives ever get as high as 36/38%?

I mean, I can understand that UKIP is bound to get more popular as time goes on, I'm just astounded that it's increasing so exponentially.

Last European Election (2009) was..

Coservatives 27.7%
Ukip 16.5%
Labour 15.7%
Liberal Democrats 13.7%
Others 26.4%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Parliament_election,_2009_%28United_Kingd om%29#Opinion_polls

Via the link is also the polling done prior to that election.

It's interesting also that in the poll that Chippiewill posted the other day that had Ukip on 31%, they were on something like 45% of the vote among the over 60 demographic group who just happen to be the demographic who are most likely to turn out and vote.

Apparently the libdems might not get any MEPs at all o.O

In a way I feel sorry for Clegg, at least he gambled and had a debate on the topic which is more than can be said for the other two.

Love the picture too. :P

30-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Amazingly I have just read that apparently those two polls conducted didn't prompt Ukip in the question but did prompt the Liberal Democrats, Labour and the Tories in the question: when Ukip aren't prompted in the General Election polling by some pollsters, it usually results in a difference of 10% to 14% (unprompted) and 17% to 21% (prompted).

If Survation or Opinium do any polling on the European Elections then we may see if it makes a difference as they tend to prompt Ukip.

Chippiewill
30-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Amazingly I have just read that apparently those two polls conducted didn't prompt Ukip in the question but did prompt the Liberal Democrats, Labour and the Tories in the question.

I'm actually curious if that might have the opposite of the usual effect at this point. People might think the media/polls are out to make UKIP look bad so end up picking UKIP in defiance.

30-04-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm actually curious if that might have the opposite of the usual effect at this point. People might think the media/polls are out to make UKIP look bad so end up picking UKIP in defiance.

It doesn't usually, although it's a different election and there will be different dynamics at play. We'll have to wait and see.

Here's a regional breakdown of that 38% poll that I have just come across, polling over 50% in in the West Midlands and the East:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/30/article-0-1D7ACAF100000578-504_634x443.jpg

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!