PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Canucks Coaching Changes

!x!dude!x!2
01-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Today, the 'Vancouver Canucks' have decided to fire Head coach John Tortorella and Assistant coach Mike Sullivan. TSN has stated that.
The announcement comes after the Canucks failed to make the playoffs this season and finished 25th in the NHL, behind Toronto, Winnipeg, Ottawa and Montreal, the only Canadian team in the playoffs. Trevor Linden ( The new GM ) also added on that
We have a lot of important work to accomplish this off-season as we build our management and coaching staffs, improve our roster and connect with our fans," added Linden. "Our general manager search is well underway and we will begin assessing head coaching candidates immediately. John Tortorella was only Head coach for 1 season.

Carnage did you like him as a coach ? I thought he had a lot of rage built up in him but he did stick by his team.

sexpot
01-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Today, the 'Vancouver Canucks' have decided to fire Head coach John Tortorella and Assistant coach Mike Sullivan. TSN has stated that. Trevor Linden ( The new GM ) also added on that John Tortorella was only Head coach for 1 season.

Carnage did you like him as a coach ? I thought he had a lot of rage built up in him but he did stick by his team.

seeing as how they didn't make the playoffs with him no :P but that could just as easily be contributed to something other than Torts

!x!dude!x!2
01-05-2014, 07:12 PM
seeing as how they didn't make the playoffs with him no :P but that could just as easily be contributed to something other than Torts

In my eyes they didnt even need to let him go the twin brothers made rally bad points this year. Henrik Sedin managed only 11 goals and 40 points in 70 games. In the last lockout-shortened season he scored 11 goals and had 45 points in just 48 games.
Twin brother Daniel had 16 goals and 47 points in 73 games this season. They only had 1 player hit over 20 goals and that was Ryan Kesler. When you trade off your 2 best goalies, don't think that you're going to get somewhere

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!