PDA

View Full Version : Eating: How far would you go

Storking
03-05-2014, 08:32 PM
A lot of us eat pork, beef and chicken but what else would you try?

Some of these are widely eaten or even delicacies around the world

Rabbit -

Cat -

Dog -

Guinea pig -

Horse -

Insects (crickets, mealworms) -

I would try all of the above without an issue

Derrener
03-05-2014, 08:35 PM
noo i'd only eat pork beef and chicken. nothing else

Lewis
03-05-2014, 08:36 PM
I'd eat rabbit.

I'd not eat cat.

I'd not eat dog.

I'd eat guinea pig.

I'd eat horse.

I'd not eat insects.

Cats and dogs are too much like pets to me, couldn't even think of eating them. I'd have no problem whatsoever eating horse, guinea pig and rabbit as long as it tasted good. And insects, one of my greatest fears, definitely not eating them.

lemons
03-05-2014, 08:39 PM
i wouldnt eat cat dog or guinea pig

lawrawrrr
03-05-2014, 08:41 PM
I've eaten rabbit & insects before. I did like rabbit, insects you couldn't really taste.

I'd eat horse, not so much with dogs or cats. I mean, I think if it was offered to me my curiosity might get the better of me but I couldn't think about it now

crystaldd0
03-05-2014, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't eat any of those animals, aside from maybe horse. I've eaten cow tongue and it was bomb diggity

Ms.Aquamarine
03-05-2014, 09:02 PM
I would only eat those if I get paid $1,000+.

Gina
03-05-2014, 10:14 PM
would eat any of them omg
im really picky with food like let alone eating things ive had as pets before
would feed bad!

!x!dude!x!2
03-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Rabbit - Yes
Cat - No
Dog - No
Guinea pig - No
Horse - Maybe
Insects (crickets, mealworms) - No

I would probably try horse meat

Absently
03-05-2014, 11:31 PM
honestly i'm not very adventurous and i'll probably never try any of those bar maybe insects?? new food frightens me :(

Kyle
03-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Having something as a pet really doesn't change the way I feel about food, I'd still eat it if it tasted good. That said, I eat chicken a lot but wouldn't touch my own chickens- If you have a personal connection it's harder to just sit and eat it like it's just meat when you know that it had a mind and a personality beforehand whereas if you know it was brought up for this specific purpose then it seems a waste not to put it to good use in your stomach.

I've eaten locusts, crickets, ants, crocodile, zebra, guineafowl, goat, ox, horse, and frogs legs. I feel like if you visit a different country and don't sample its delights then you're a bit of a snob and need to open your mind a little - if these people have been eating these foods for centuries and breed them specifically for it then they must be good! One thing I would like to try is the korean sannakji (live octopus) cos I wonder what it would feel like. I eat for the experience and the textures, not just the taste.

WILL EAT ANYTHING.

Absently
03-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Having something as a pet really doesn't change the way I feel about food, I'd still eat it if it tasted good. That said, I eat chicken a lot but wouldn't touch my own chickens- If you have a personal connection it's harder to just sit and eat it like it's just meat when you know that it had a mind and a personality beforehand whereas if you know it was brought up for this specific purpose then it seems a waste not to put it to good use in your stomach.

I've eaten locusts, crickets, ants, crocodile, zebra, guineafowl, goat, ox, horse, and frogs legs. I feel like if you visit a different country and don't sample its delights then you're a bit of a snob and need to open your mind a little - if these people have been eating these foods for centuries and breed them specifically for it then they must be good! One thing I would like to try is the korean sannakji (live octopus) cos I wonder what it would feel like. I eat for the experience and the textures, not just the taste.

WILL EAT ANYTHING.oo yes i actually probably would try frogs legs thinking about it now, they look quite appealing to me

Mark
03-05-2014, 11:45 PM
Rabbit - Possibly
Cat - No
Dog - No
Guinea pig - No
Horse - Yes
Insects (crickets, mealworms) - Yeah why not

FlyingJesus
04-05-2014, 01:04 AM
I don't really see the point of most insects as food because there's just not enough of them to be worth it but yeah I'd pretty much eat anything

God
04-05-2014, 04:10 AM
EVERYTHING BUT THE LITTLE FUGLY PIG THING. THEY ARE RATS AND RATS ARE GROSSSSSSSS

Matt
04-05-2014, 04:20 AM
I only eat chicken, some fish, sausage & bacon and sometimes beef. Apart from that, I don't really like the idea of experimenting much lol

Daltron
04-05-2014, 04:34 AM
ill try most things once :)

Eric
07-05-2014, 12:56 PM

WILL EAT ANYTHING.

Did you eat all that in uk or you tried them in other countries?? agreed with what you said about visiting diff countries

pork, chicken, beef, ostrich, err what else. i've also tried scorpions and silk cocoons

i've eaten almost every part of a pig except for the ass and head

- - - Updated - - -

and also roasted duck tastes so good mmm

Yawn
07-05-2014, 01:20 PM
id try it all i guess but im quite fond of guinea pigs :(

Kardan
07-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Reading all the lists of meat that people eat, and nobody has said lamb.

Why does nobody eat lamb? Or are people just forgetting about it.

kitten
07-05-2014, 02:58 PM
i wouldn't try any

IzzyUhh
07-05-2014, 03:11 PM
I dont think I could eat any of them because I just have a thought of the cute animal, except for insects and bugs but I still definantly wouldnt eat them because theyre creepy and ahh

Im quite picky when it comes to food but not particularly meat, cos I like stuff like chicken pork beef but I dont like lamb or rabbit or turkey

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Zelda
07-05-2014, 04:54 PM
i wouldn't try any of them at all.

having been a veggie my whole life up until recently where i've realised i'm very unhealthy with both anaemia and a severe lack of protein and a very unbalanced diet, i let my temptations get the better of me and i've started to eat very very small amounts of meat every so often, though i still find it very hard to bring myself to do it a lot of the time, and i'd personally rather not leave the comfort zone of chicken and pig personally if i even stay like this instead of going back to fully veggie again

e5
07-05-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm really funny about food. I wouldn't eat like dog that's gross. I bet all of us have eaten horse lol

Brad
07-05-2014, 05:04 PM
When I was in china I did have cat and dog.. If was from a streets vendor, and I didn't realize it was until after.

Rabbit I've had, and horse meat people say it's actually good. With Guinea pig, no thanks. Haha

Insects, well- if they're cooked, that's fine.

Zak
07-05-2014, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't eat insects or a guinea pig (that's just random) but the rest I would try.

I've eaten rabbit a lot. I bet horse is quite nice too.

Shockwave.2CC
07-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Rabbit - Yes

Cat - Yes

Dog - Yes

Guinea pig - Yes

Horse - Yes

Insects (crickets, mealworms) - Depends

Kyle
07-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Did you eat all that in uk or you tried them in other countries?? agreed with what you said about visiting diff countries

yup all in mostly african countries

Reading all the lists of meat that people eat, and nobody has said lamb.

Why does nobody eat lamb? Or are people just forgetting about it.
I love lamb. a friend of mine only realised that doner meat was (mostly) lamb and says that he vowed since he was a child to never eat lamb in his life but had been eating kebabs for years. awkward!

GommeInc
07-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Rabbit is nice and tastes exactly like chicken :P

The only other one I would try is horse. I can't imagine cats, dogs or guinea pigs being all that great. Insects are a maybe - if in a life or death situation.

karter
07-05-2014, 07:53 PM
only rabbit from this list

Kardan
07-05-2014, 07:54 PM
yup all in mostly african countries

I love lamb. a friend of mine only realised that doner meat was (mostly) lamb and says that he vowed since he was a child to never eat lamb in his life but had been eating kebabs for years. awkward!

Lamb is the best meat ever, it's just expensive compared to beef/chicken so I rarely have it :(

buttons
07-05-2014, 07:59 PM
bet buttons; doesnt know that :P lamb is lovely tho

from that list ive tried rabbit. cant really remember it just remember my friends gran said it was chicken and then told us it was really rabbit.

hmm dont think id try any of them would probs be curious and gag. maybe insects would be easiest

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!