PDA

View Full Version : The Box

Martin
05-05-2014, 02:11 AM
Absolutely love it! :)

It looks like so much work as been put in to it, looks really professional and was a really good read! :D

The graphics are amazing, it really does look super professional haha! :D

A huge thanks to Laura, Calum, Mike and all the managers that helped out with it! Definitely something really positive for Habbox :)

For those who are interested: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=801911&p=8175874#post8175874 definitely recommend giving it a read! :)

Chippiewill
05-05-2014, 02:15 AM
I was pretty underwhelmed until the HxL chrome extension got a well deserved mention:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/habbox-live-radio-player/hcdkgehfhphmeboifigdmichgdmmcmli?hl=en-GB

Drew
05-05-2014, 02:30 AM
I love it! It was released at a great time too, I enjoyed reading it while having my morning coffee ;)

Well done to Laura and everyone else who has made a contribution, a lot of effort has definitely been put in. I'm looking forward to the next issue!

Samantha
05-05-2014, 06:25 AM
That was really great to read! I'm looking forward to seeing it be produced for months to come. The HxEE winner's announced there were fitting too so thank you for including them!

TheJokerEffect
05-05-2014, 07:32 AM
That was an amazing read lawrawrrr; I cannot wait for it in the coming months! I absolutely loved it :Heart:

Mark
05-05-2014, 08:09 AM
It looks great! Would like a section where you could send in screenshots of people saying embarrassing things on the client, which the best ones are then published. That would be funny to see.

Sian
05-05-2014, 08:24 AM
First criticism, my tablet won't open it and I want to read it! :(

Drew
05-05-2014, 08:31 AM
First criticism, my tablet won't open it and I want to read it! :(
I've uploaded the PDF here (http://www.mediafire.com/view/9uqb1yl22wqbdtq/April_14_Box_Attempt_2.pdf) :)

Matt
05-05-2014, 08:49 AM
I had trouble reading the page with loads of writing on it, I think the font size is too small. Apart from that, it looked great!

Bankai90
05-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Real nice, love reading it with amazing graphics and design. Makes the reader enjoy reading it even more. Overall, AWESOME! :)

xxMATTGxx
05-05-2014, 09:00 AM
"So guys how did you two become brothers?"

Burst out laughing at that quote from Yuxin;

MKR&*42
05-05-2014, 09:03 AM
It's awesome, nice job =]

Gina
05-05-2014, 09:11 AM
blaming Bolt660; for posting the thread with my quote ;l i was making conversation okay :(
xxMATTGxx; am glad it made you laugh though (a)
loving the quackulations bit though hahahah fab
looks great toooo

IzzyUhh
05-05-2014, 09:14 AM
I think it's brilliant! Great work from everyone it really looks amazing :D

scottish
05-05-2014, 09:54 AM
It won't load on iPad just paste the damn image instead of 3 links

lemons
05-05-2014, 09:58 AM
i loves it

- - - Updated - - -

I was pretty underwhelmed until the HxL chrome extension got a well deserved mention:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/habbox-live-radio-player/hcdkgehfhphmeboifigdmichgdmmcmli?hl=en-GB

i love that!

buttons
05-05-2014, 10:05 AM
I've uploaded the PDF here (http://www.mediafire.com/view/9uqb1yl22wqbdtq/April_14_Box_Attempt_2.pdf) :)

It won't load on iPad just paste the damn image instead of 3 links
LEARN TO READ THE WHOLE THREAD GOD

scottish
05-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Oh that was rubbish no gossip

Inseriousity.
05-05-2014, 10:55 AM
A nice foundation to build on, looks very slick :D
title makes me think of that music channel, lol is that still around.

Shar
05-05-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm quite impressed by that, well done guys! :)

Sian
definitely a good start, now more people are aware on the format you're going for and that you're going to continue to make it, we should get a bit more gossip and funny things into it.

Well done guys :)

lawrawrrr
Oh that was rubbish no gossip

Well I did ask multiple times for people to contribute stories / pieces of gossip to put in..... this was the best I could do as it is, sorry it's so rubbish :/

----

To everyone else, thank you! I put a lot of time & effort in and it's nice to see that (some) people appreciate that :)

The reason it's not uploaded in images is because, well it's not SAVED in images - the Issuu widget should work on mobiles though?

And I know the text is small, but you can zoom in till it's MASSIVE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKR&*42
05-05-2014, 11:14 AM
A nice foundation to build on, looks very slick :D

Yessss so is Kiss, Magic, Smash hits etc all still goin x]

That was on topic cause i was answering mike's q. before any mod tries that.

Jurv
05-05-2014, 11:23 AM
i thought it was pretty cool :)

would be nice to see more gossip and funny stuff though but other than that its good, i loved the layout

Nick
05-05-2014, 11:23 AM
rofl e5; was fired.

Interesting read and finally got another sneak at v7 :O :O

Smurfed-
05-05-2014, 11:40 AM
I enjoyed reading that! Good work. :)

For next time it would be a good idea to post something about it in the news bit on the main page of Habbox so it gets more publicity.

Chris
05-05-2014, 11:54 AM
It was a good read and very pretty to look at too. No mention of achievements though lawrawrrr; :@

Martin
05-05-2014, 12:09 PM
"So guys how did you two become brothers?"

Burst out laughing at that quote from @Yuxin (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=63975);

You should have heard it when she said it on air, was hillarious LOL There was like the most awkward pause ever

OT: WOOOO THE BOX IS FAB THE BOX IS GR8 LONG LIVE THE BOX

David
05-05-2014, 12:21 PM
oh this was planned years ago wasnt it, and still released before v7
good job

i thought this too

lawrawrrr
05-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Haha yes :odey:; was telling me and showing me the one planned a few years ago, I had no idea!

I've never heard of the music channel ;( I was going for Hab...box... the box... I thought it was a good title anyway :(

kitten
05-05-2014, 12:33 PM
it's good i suppose. the only page i didn't bother reading was the one with mounts of writing on it, but apart from that i like it :)

Mr-Trainor
05-05-2014, 01:14 PM
I quite like it, other than not being able to open it on my iPad - a link to the .pdf file in the post itself would be good so that everyone knows where to find it :).

wixard
05-05-2014, 01:38 PM
i'm still open to being the habbox agony aunt

hit me up

CrazyLemurs
05-05-2014, 01:47 PM
this is cute I love it
no mention of me on it though :l this better change for may!!!11!11!

j0rd
05-05-2014, 05:11 PM
well done Laura, has lots of potential!

Phil
05-05-2014, 05:26 PM
I love it, very clever! I think the Mystic Mike section could be spread out more, it's impossible to read without zooming in! I only read my own and it was very accurate :O

Kyle
05-05-2014, 05:34 PM
not a fan of the passive aggressive goading that I see in a lot of posts and has managed to wangle its way into what is supposed to be a feature for the entire community.
http://puu.sh/8ApMI.png

thanks for finally doing it
and thanks drew for the pdf

FlyingJesus
05-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Apparently I have an addiction to Habbo mazes and helping people ;|||||| burn the psychic

Anyway yeah hugely improved and hopefully people keep contributing, few bits of editing needed (I don't mind looking over stuff before it goes out just to make sure if you need someone to do it) and personally I think words being carried across lines with hyphens is a bit messy but overall a good job well done, hope it continues to thrive

Just for reference:
http://i.imgur.com/nYNf6Vd.png
Oh wait that year's one does make sense I was reading that wrong but yeah futher adieu is just

Kyle
05-05-2014, 05:42 PM
without further adieu lol
hopefully now that people have seen this month they will be more willing to contribute for next month
30 page issue pls

lawrawrrr
05-05-2014, 06:28 PM
I love it, very clever! I think the Mystic Mike section could be spread out more, it's impossible to read without zooming in! I only read my own and it was very accurate :O

In such a small issue I didn't want to spread out over 2 pages but I'll either make a physically bigger edition or give him 2 pages next time!

not a fan of the passive aggressive goading that I see in a lot of posts and has managed to wangle its way into what is supposed to be a feature for the entire community.
http://puu.sh/8ApMI.png

thanks for finally doing it
and thanks drew for the pdf

It's an editorial. It's still a feature for the community, but it's supposed to be the editors' thoughts, and I know it's made a few people like.

Apparently I have an addiction to Habbo mazes and helping people ;|||||| burn the psychic

Anyway yeah hugely improved and hopefully people keep contributing, few bits of editing needed (I don't mind looking over stuff before it goes out just to make sure if you need someone to do it) and personally I think words being carried across lines with hyphens is a bit messy but overall a good job well done, hope it continues to thrive

Just for reference:
http://i.imgur.com/nYNf6Vd.png
Oh wait that year's one does make sense I was reading that wrong but yeah futher adieu is just

you know i changed from ado to adieu so many times i wasn't even thinking.

This year's is correct, the rest were just basic errors I must have missed checking it at 2am after rewriting it so many times to fit! I'm usually quite good at re-reading it all (well, it is my actual job now!) but I may take you up on that offer next time, thanks!

MKR&*42
05-05-2014, 06:30 PM
What can we submit to the mag. and where do i do this lawrawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
lawrawrrr;

lawrawrrr
05-05-2014, 06:31 PM
What can we submit to the mag. and where do i do this @lawrawrrr (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=61966)rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
@lawrawrrr (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=61966);

I posted a thread on about the 20th asking for ideas and suggestions, bumped it a few times but very few people actually came to me with ideas. If you've got a suggestion or segment please PM me and we'll talk!

MKR&*42
05-05-2014, 06:46 PM
I posted a thread on about the 20th asking for ideas and suggestions, bumped it a few times but very few people actually came to me with ideas. If you've got a suggestion or segment please PM me and we'll talk!

Oh okay x]

Kyle
05-05-2014, 06:54 PM
It's an editorial. It's still a feature for the community, but it's supposed to be the editors' thoughts, and I know it's made a few people like.

I'm well aware of what an editorial is meant to be, I just don't agree with the way that some general management (not naming anyone!) react to criticism and feel that this particular sentence is targeting a select few users who give it. Not everything at habbox is slated and not everybody who offer their thoughts hate habbox.

I like the magazine and as far as I know it spawned from a suggestion of my own in feedback many moons ago. Snide comments that suggest some will have a bad word to say about anything are slightly unwarranted - we all want habbox to progress. :)
wixard; can i send you a question for agony autn section or are u going to make them up

lawrawrrr
05-05-2014, 06:57 PM
If people think it's targetted at them maybe that's more telling of themselves than of any passive aggressiveness on my behalf. In my time at Habbox, I can't remember a SINGLE event, decision, anything that was met with purely positive feedback, because some people love to have a go! But nowhere in my editorial does it explicitly say negative opinions, or even hint that I think they're counterproductive because they're not, but there's better ways to go around it than has been approached in the past.

wixard
05-05-2014, 07:02 PM
I'm well aware of what an editorial is meant to be, I just don't agree with the way that some general management (not naming anyone!) react to criticism and feel that this particular sentence is targeting a select few users who give it. Not everything at habbox is slated and not everybody who offer their thoughts hate habbox.

I like the magazine and as far as I know it spawned from a suggestion of my own in feedback many moons ago. Snide comments that suggest some will have a bad word to say about anything are slightly unwarranted - we all want habbox to progress. :)
@wixard (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=64175); can i send you a question for agony autn section or are u going to make them up

YES U CAN PUT IF LAURA WERE TO FEATURE ME IN IT your identity would remain anonymous unless you'd like everyone to know

Samantha
05-05-2014, 07:03 PM

Mine too. It's what I usually do:

'Stay clear of spam... post in congratulations and thank yous.' LMAO.

Although I like the spam forum.

Kyle
05-05-2014, 07:07 PM
nothing is ever going to be met with purely positive feedback, not sure why u didnt quote me

YES U CAN PUT IF LAURA WERE TO FEATURE ME IN IT your identity would remain anonymous unless you'd like everyone to know
i will pm it to u after i write my habbo essay

also Inseriousity.; "single? get used to it!" screw u

FlyingJesus
05-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Gina's promotion to assistant manager got totally positive feedback

Mr-Trainor
05-05-2014, 07:28 PM
The only thread I saw was this (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=801074&p=8166229#post8166229) one posted on the 25th and it wasn't bumped, plus bearing in mind this is the CNB which is flooded with event advertisements.. so I'm not surprised you had few people coming to you :P. The only reason I noticed it was because no CNB thread was posted until around 3 hours afterwards so it showed up on the index page for a while.

lawrawrrr
05-05-2014, 07:31 PM
The only thread I saw was this (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=801074&p=8166229#post8166229) one posted on the 25th and it wasn't bumped, plus bearing in mind this is the CNB which is flooded with event advertisements.. so I'm not surprised you had few people coming to you :P. The only reason I noticed it was because no CNB thread was posted until around 3 hours afterwards so it showed up on the index page for a while.
I sent the link to lots of people who had been interested or were keenly involved in other aspects of Habbox, and I thought I had bumped it once after then. I sent specific PMs to a few people as well with specific ideas, and I've said multiple times throughout the month that people, if they wanted to contribute could just send it to me or speak to me at any point.

Inseriousity.
05-05-2014, 07:34 PM
LOL that was a satire on those horoscopes where they say "Single? You'll meet your new love in a bar"

As for constructive criticism being regarded as whining and criticism for the sake of it, I agree with Kyle. I don't think you have to agree with everything in the feedback forum but leadership is more about debating the points rather than attacking the person. You say 'I don't agree with this analysis because..., this is what we're going to do regarding said issue....' and naturally they'll probably disagree and maybe a debate will arise from that but at least you know where things stand and what's going to be done rather than a) being ignored or b) some vague comment about how you're wrong, they're right. I'd say that apart from the odd occasion, the feedback forum is a fair critique done by people who care about its future and Habbox should appreciate it has members who do care about where it is heading in the future.

lawrawrrr
05-05-2014, 07:44 PM
LOL that was a satire on those horoscopes where they say "Single? You'll meet your new love in a bar"

As for constructive criticism being regarded as whining and criticism for the sake of it, I agree with Kyle. I don't think you have to agree with everything in the feedback forum but leadership is more about debating the points rather than attacking the person. You say 'I don't agree with this analysis because..., this is what we're going to do regarding said issue....' and naturally they'll probably disagree and maybe a debate will arise from that but at least you know where things stand and what's going to be done rather than a) being ignored or b) some vague comment about how you're wrong, they're right. I'd say that apart from the odd occasion, the feedback forum is a fair critique done by people who care about its future and Habbox should appreciate it has members who do care about where it is heading in the future.
I completely agree with this too.

It won't stop me satirising some attitudes though!

e5
06-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Great statistic for me there woop, I was fired like once a month atleast :'(

Newsletter looks great Laura, well done to everyone involved :D

Phil
06-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Laura as it seems the thread was missed by a lot of people remind me to do a Forum Notice for you and hopefully that'll get the attention it needs :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Absently
06-05-2014, 10:53 AM
was alright to read just wish mikes wasn't so small :( only could bear to read my own

lawrawrrr
06-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Laura as it seems the thread was missed by a lot of people remind me to do a Forum Notice for you and hopefully that'll get the attention it needs :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
thanks phil! will definitely do that next month :)

Liva
07-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Oh didn't even know it existed until now.

lawrawrrr
07-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Oh didn't even know it existed until now.

This is the first one, I started the newsletter last month but will be continuing with the project for the forseeeable future ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!