PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you moved?

scottish
14-05-2014, 04:22 PM
How many times have you moved in your life?

Was it 'big' moves (i.e. different city, rather than just down the road)?

Did you have to move school for these location changes?

(If more than one school) How many different schools have you went to?

(If more than one school) Has it impacted your education do you feel?

Kardan
14-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Was born when my mum still lived with her mum. Moved to our first house, was tiny. Then moved to some flats above a shop. Then moved to our first proper house and started going school. Then when I was 9 we moved to our current house, so that's 5 times. Will be moving in with Char full time in August, so that will be 6.

All the houses were on the outskirts of Leicester, the one in August is way out in Leicestershire.

Only changed school once, and I was only in year 5, so had pretty much no impact on me at all. In August I'll be starting a new course at a new University, so that doesn't have an impact either.

buttons
14-05-2014, 04:26 PM
just twice, lived here until i was 6 months old, moved about 10 miles out for another 6 months then back here cause my bro was getting bullied at school. been here since

lemons
14-05-2014, 04:29 PM
twice

no always lived in same london borough

nope but made my journey much longer

Jurv
14-05-2014, 04:46 PM
only moved once and it was only like a 5 minute walk away

zebbadi
14-05-2014, 05:39 PM
How many times have you moved in your life? once

Was it 'big' moves (i.e. different city, rather than just down the road)? No. I lived in a flat and moved to a house both in Bristol

Did you have to move school for these location changes? No actually school was a 20-25 min walk and with the move it was just literally up the road.

-Amyy
14-05-2014, 08:19 PM
I have never moved, I really want to though

OldLoveSong
14-05-2014, 08:19 PM
zero !! although i suspect sometime in the future i might be moving to the states

Gina
14-05-2014, 08:30 PM
How many times have you moved in your life? twice but soon to be three prob

Was it 'big' moves (i.e. different city, rather than just down the road)? errm when my mum n dad divorced my mum moved to a diff area but in the same county and then the other one was just the opposite side of the area

Did you have to move school for these location changes? no the first and 2nd time was during primary school so my mum just had to drive us for half an hour everyday and pick us up because we were happy at our school but then at secondary school i didnt know anyone otehr than charlotte becausee everyone had like came from local schools rly then me and charlotte werer the only people from our primary so idk was difficult because if we moved to a primary school closer i wouldve known people before secondary school but im glad we didnt change anyway :P went to a v good primary school and loved it v much

Futz
14-05-2014, 08:31 PM
once, been where I am now for like 8 years I think

David
14-05-2014, 08:39 PM
three times and hearing talk of a fourth

not a different city but not just down the road either

no

Absently
14-05-2014, 08:55 PM
err, my first move was from living in an estate in the city, to a different county in the middle of nowhere and was completely rural - i moved schools along with the move. think that was like when i was 5

we lived there for a few years, then moved back to the city and back to the original county and my mother bought a house in the city centre, had to move back to different school - stayed here until i moved out with my bf (altho like at one part before i moved out my mum was getting the house done up so they rented an apartment by the beach idk whether to count that??)

with my bf we've lived in loads of places so i'll start off (i stayed in same school for all of these moves):

moved into these alleyway blocks by the local park, which was super cold and someone got murdered next door like few weeks before we moved out :rolleyes: (may 2011 - may 2012)

after that we moved into a three month summer apartment, literally right beside clubs which was alright (may 2012 - august 2012)

when we finished there, we moved into my sisters so from august 2012 until november 2012

moved out and moved into another flat which was vile but whatever it was cheeeeeeeeeeeeap, lived there for a year (november 2012 - november 2013)

then moved into our current house (literally only metres away from our old flat :P) and now it's super cute and lovely (november 2013 - current)

BUT im moving out in a few months to move to uk so :P

so like 7/8 woooooooooow

xxMATTGxx
14-05-2014, 09:59 PM
I have moved 3 times in total - I didn't have to move schools or anything like that though. First time was moving from one town to another and moved to the town where my Nana & Grandad live. Then after X amount of years there I then moved again to another house but in the same town.

kitten
14-05-2014, 10:15 PM
i have never moved houses

Lewis
14-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Three different houses in a total of about nine years.

IzzyUhh
14-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Ive moved house once, from london when I was 2, to where I am now in my house :p I guess was a big move, different counties!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sexpot
14-05-2014, 10:43 PM
moved from Poland to the US when I was 5, that's the only time.

Jordan
14-05-2014, 10:57 PM
I've moved 4 times in my life. When i was in play group I moved to a different town and therefore move school but it didn't disrupt my education. All other moves have been up to road so to speak.

I really miss my old house though :(

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

God
14-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Moved across the Town to a nicer and bigger house :D

Absently
14-05-2014, 11:00 PM
am i gonna be the only person who's moved as much :P

Stephen
14-05-2014, 11:55 PM
never moved before

wish i would move though
i hate this house

!x!dude!x!2
15-05-2014, 03:02 AM
How many times have you moved in your life? 2

Was it 'big' moves (i.e. different city, rather than just down the road)? first move was to a different apartment ( 3rd floor to the first floor ) Second move was we bought a house out in the country when i was 12

Did you have to move school for these location changes? Yes

(If more than one school) How many different schools have you went to? I've been to a total of 6 different schools

(If more than one school) Has it impacted your education do you feel? Not that I can tell

Ekelektra
15-05-2014, 06:56 AM
I've moved twice, the first move was to the other side of town, and the second time which was only last month was a 7 minute walk away from our second house.

I didn't have to move schools because the first move I was in high school and it was actually closer, second time I was in uni and I travel the exact same way.
The first time we moved though my brothers had to take public transport to primary school, then after a year the youngest one who by then was the only one in primary school moved to a closer one.

Sian
15-05-2014, 02:26 PM
went to uni, came back from uni. Then the usual move from primary school to secondary school, then to sixth form.

Shar
15-05-2014, 07:29 PM
How many times have you moved in your life? 3 times

Was it 'big' moves (i.e. different city, rather than just down the road)? The last move was from one side of town to the other

Did you have to move school for these location changes? Nope

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!