PDA

View Full Version : What's it called when..

Liva
24-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Someone nags and nags you to do what they want, and throws in little 'it's my only night off' and 'everyone misses you'.
And then gets annoyed when you don't comply.

Is that emotional blackmail? Or is that too extreme?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akeel$
24-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Maybe they just wanna spend time with you doesn't specifically have to be counted as blackmail.

Brad
24-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Self centred? Selfish?
Eh, it could be anything really. Haha. Some people tend to just have a "I want it my way" personality.

Phil
24-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Just sounds like guilt tripping to me :P

Zak
24-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Way too extreme. Someone probably just wants to see you. Just say no and if they keep replying, ignore them. Simple.

Liva
25-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Maybe they just wanna spend time with you doesn't specifically have to be counted as blackmail.

Way too extreme. Someone probably just wants to see you. Just say no and if they keep replying, ignore them. Simple.

She always does it though.. it's so forceful and stressful! I knew I wasn't going to be ready at a certain time, and she kept saying 'I'll be there at 7 to get you! be ready!'. It ALWAYS happens which makes me feel like she is manipulative in a way because it always works and she keeps doing it even though she knows I don't like it. I understand that she wanted me there (maybe for my benefit) but I originally thought that it was for hers.

Self centred? Selfish?
Eh, it could be anything really. Haha. Some people tend to just have a "I want it my way" personality.

Just sounds like guilt tripping to me :P

That's exactly how I felt about it. My boyfriend said that he thinks she was doing it for my benefit, but she kept insisting even when I refused so many times. I then shut her down with a 'I'm not amused' and she cracked a whoopsie and hasn't replied to me even though she has seen my last message which apologised and thanked her for her intentions..

!x!dude!x!2
25-05-2014, 02:14 PM
I call those people annoying :p . but they probably want to see you because they miss you

Mikey
25-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Guilt tripping I would say.

crystaldd0
27-05-2014, 05:24 AM
Someone nags and nags you to do what they want, and throws in little 'it's my only night off' and 'everyone misses you'.
And then gets annoyed when you don't comply.

Is that emotional blackmail? Or is that too extreme?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends, is there a reason you're not wanting to comply?

akeel$
27-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Still. Go if you're not busy.
She / he is maybe a friend of yours? Or if you're busy just say no simple as lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!