PDA

View Full Version : Sexually frustrated shooter kills seven

karter
24-05-2014, 09:29 PM
The horrific massacre at UCSB Friday night -- in which 6 people were shot dead -- seemed to be triggered by a maniac who was angry at women because they would not have sex with him ... and TMZ has learned shooter has a connection to "Hunger Games."

22-year-old Elliot Rodger posted a YouTube video hours before he unleashed his violence on the streets of Isla Vista -- the UCSB community. We've learned Rodger is the son of Peter Rodger, the second unit director of the first installment of "Hunger Games."

Elliot Rodger was killed as he engaged Sheriff's deputies who responded to the scene. He died from a gunshot wound to the head, although it's unclear if it was self-inflicted.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/24/santa-barbara-murder-masacre-elliot-peter-roger-hunger-games-you-tube-video/

The Gunman’s Name is Elliot Rodger. Last night, he posted a chilling manifesto to youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbv5Vpa-B-0). Announcing that he is a 22 year old Virgin who has never been kissed he says:
"It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls have never been attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it. It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman.""I will punish all of you for it," he says again, and then he laughs.
"On the day of retribution I will enter the hottest sorority house of UCSB, and I will slaughter every single spoiled stuck up blonde **** I see inside there. All those girls that I’ve desired so much, they would have all rejected me and looked down upon me as an inferior man if I ever made a sexual advance towards them. While they throw themselves at these obnoxious brutes. I’ll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you. You will finally see that I am in truth the superior one. The true Alpha Male.”

Absolutely disgusting. I don't even know what to say, i'm just so angry and sad. Such a monster, hope he rots in hell

RIP those who died :(

Matthew
24-05-2014, 09:59 PM
jesus...

RIP

j0rd
24-05-2014, 10:13 PM
why didn't he just pay for a hooker
rip :(

-:Undertaker:-
24-05-2014, 10:31 PM
RIP to all those who have died, and I echo your sentiments of wishing that he's burning in hell somewhere.

I shall be very interested in finding out whether he was on any anti-depressants or 'soft' drugs like cannabis.

xxMATTGxx
24-05-2014, 10:35 PM
RIP to all those who have died, and I echo your sentiments of wishing that he's burning in hell somewhere.

I shall be very interested in finding out whether he was on any anti-depressants or 'soft' drugs like cannabis.

Not sure about drugs but apparently he had Asperger's syndrome and was also receiving some sort of professional help. Has anyone seen the video he uploaded? You should all watch the video which was linked in the article in the original post. Direct video link is: http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_9a8f6djm

Phil
24-05-2014, 11:01 PM
That video is actually terrifying..

lemons
24-05-2014, 11:33 PM
that vid is so ******* weird

Elegance
24-05-2014, 11:59 PM
absolutely horrifying and ****** up, r.i.p to those who died

!x!dude!x!2
25-05-2014, 02:34 AM
RIP to those that died. sad that this happen

wixard
25-05-2014, 03:16 AM
extremely interesting insight into someone with a narcissistic personality and although it's a terrible tragedy there's a lot to learn from his videos and im assuming he was extremely self aware of this seeing as the first upload was 3/4 days ago, he had this planned

The Don
25-05-2014, 03:27 AM
extremely interesting insight into someone with a narcissistic personality and although it's a terrible tragedy there's a lot to learn from his videos and im assuming he was extremely self aware of this seeing as the first upload was 3/4 days ago, he had this planned

He must have been a sociopath or something. The kid clearly lacked empathy and placed no value on human life other than what they can do for him.

- - - Updated - - -

I also thought a general trait of narcissism was a general lack of self-awareness?

karter
25-05-2014, 03:53 AM
oh great now everyone will blame mental illness or something

The Don
25-05-2014, 03:54 AM
oh great now everyone will blame mental illness or something

As opposed to what???

karter
25-05-2014, 04:22 AM
as opposed to him being a misogynistic piece of ****? as opposed to him being a self proclaimed mra who thought he's entitled to a woman's body?? hasty generalization of mass murderers and rapists as mentally ill perpetuates the idea that mentally ill people are hostile, violent. it makes criminals less accountable for what they do

and lack of empathy does not imply a mental disorder or whatever, this is ableism and this is offensive

OldLoveSong
25-05-2014, 04:34 AM
yet he still died a virgin

he seems to have had extreme narcissism. Most narcissists have inflated egos, show no empathy, and can become violent when their unrealistic expectations aren't met.he seems to have had extreme narcissism. Most narcissists have inflated egos, show no empathy, and can become violent when their unrealistic expectations aren't met.

The Don
25-05-2014, 04:42 AM
as opposed to him being a misogynistic piece of ****? as opposed to him being a self proclaimed mra who thought he's entitled to a woman's body?? hasty generalization of mass murderers and rapists as mentally ill perpetuates the idea that mentally ill people are hostile, violent. it makes criminals less accountable for what they do

and lack of empathy does not imply a mental disorder or whatever, this is ableism and this is offensive

His parents have said that he had a mental disorder /end of discussion

Being misogynistic is one thing, but going out and shooting up random people as some sort of 'retribution' is not something a sane person would do. If you actually watched his videos and still think he hasn't got some sort of disorder (even though his parents have already said he has...) then I really can't be bothered to continue this discussion, it feels as though you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

And onto your point about a lack of empathy, no it doesn't necessarily imply somebody has a disorder because they have a lack of empathy but it is one of the defining characteristics of aspd (sociopathy).

karter
25-05-2014, 05:05 AM
If all mass murderers were regarded as mentally insane they wouldn't be in jail but a mental institution. Again, ableist and again an assumption that whoever is extremely violent must be mentally ill. If this is the criteria then why aren't international terrorists called mentally ill?

If you actually watched his videos and still think he hasn't got some sort of disorder

while the video is well disturbing, I really don't know how one can just go ahead and assume that he had some 'disorder'. I didn't know about what his parents said, so I agree there's nothing to discuss here unless it has been proven but mental disorders are not the end explanation of all violent behaviour

The Don
25-05-2014, 05:28 AM
If all mass murderers were regarded as mentally insane they wouldn't be in jail but a mental institution. Again, ableist and again an assumption that whoever is extremely violent must be mentally ill.

Thanks for putting words into my mouth. Where did I say all mass murders are mentally insane? Not all mass murderers are mentally ill, you seem to keep overlooking context, and in this particular case the killer has uploaded multiple videos of himself rambling on in a deluded state. I think there’s a difference between somebody doing something for an ideological reason or targeting specific people for a reason, in this instance however it’s completely aimless. Christopher Dorner is an example of another shooting spree killer that I don’t think had a mental illness. This guy however went and targeted random people as ‘retribution’ for essentially not having had sex.

If this is the criteria then why aren't international terrorists called mentally ill?

That would fall under ideological reasons, would it not?

while the video is well disturbing, I really don't know how one can just go ahead and assume that he had some 'disorder'. I didn't know about what his parents said, so I agree there's nothing to discuss here unless it has been proven but mental disorders are not the end explanation of all violent behaviour

If you didn’t think something was off from his ramblings then fair enough, but to me it doesn’t seem like something a healthy individual would do. Definitely a red flag in my books.

wixard
25-05-2014, 08:34 AM
karter nobody is blaming mental illness, obviously everyone with a mental disorder isn't gonna go shoot up a sorority house, this one guy just happened to do it, just like someone without a mental illness is also capable of doing it. it's evident from his videos he's not well be it a dramatised act or not. the problem here was potentially his illness being overlooked leading this to happen, although im thinking it was something nobody could have prevented regardless

its easy for people to label a killer as mentally unwell, it makes them feel better to think that way and that's so wrong I agree, but in this case there are videos that have been made and out out for public viewing where it's only right to presume he wasn't well

im so hungover I dunno if I even made sense CBA to read back

wixard
25-05-2014, 09:23 AM
so i've had a chance to read into it as i was busy all day yesterday and only briefly saw a few of the videos. i've watched most f them, read some of his manifesto and saw the cached pages from bodybuilding forum. jesus christ.

it actually makes me feel sick to my stomach that people are walking around this earth with the same mindset as him. heard that he killed 3 people in his apartment too. anyway, he was seeing a therapist and given medication which he refused to take, his videos were posted around on reddit and the bodybuilding forum i'd assume he had at least a few subscribers, i'd love to know if anyone saw the retribution video he posted before he went on the rampage.

akeel$
25-05-2014, 10:28 AM
rip :(
this sucks.

GoldenMerc
25-05-2014, 10:29 AM
we could of donated tara to him

never the less, Watched he's related to the director of hunger games ;lll
RIP to everyone who died :(

Matt
25-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Just saw this on the News. So sad, RIP to everyone that lost their lives :(

GoldenMerc
25-05-2014, 10:46 AM
His twitter handler;
https://twitter.com/ElliotRodgerGod

Rodger also wrote 140page Essay before the murders;
http://www.scribd.com/doc/225960813/Elliot-Rodger-Santa-Barbara-mass-shooting-suspect-My-Twisted-World-manifesto

FB:
https://www.facebook.com/elliot.rodger.3

FlyingJesus
25-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Essentially just an evil guy who felt entitled to a life he couldn't have and blamed everyone but himself. Truly awful human being, and yeah let's not blame any disorders or associations when it's clearly the act of a disgusting individual

wixard
25-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Essentially just an evil guy who felt entitled to a life he couldn't have and blamed everyone but himself. Truly awful human being, and yeah let's not blame any disorders or associations when it's clearly the act of a disgusting individual

have you read any of his manifesto? if this hadn't happened and i read it i'd assume he was trolling, it's surreal

blames his mother for not marrying a wealthy man and says it was selfish of her not to marry for money to better his life, complains how girls go for the wrong type of guys, calls women *****s for sleeping with men who think they are better than him

can women do anything right!!!!!

he also mentions how much he envies his 9 year old brother and that he'll have to kill him
i wonder why he went against that in the end

Yawn
25-05-2014, 10:32 PM
smh

http://i.imgur.com/hcKtnqo.png

GommeInc
27-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Asperger's syndrome is a really difficult form of autism which is partially to blame in this scenario - he was diagnosed with it and was receiving treatment - so it seems a bit strange to write it off as not being involved when it seems very much to have been. It can form really worrying human beings since the syndrome makes it difficult for suffers to communicate with others and understand social interactions with others. Thankfully it's only a minority who lash out as many either just get frustrated and storm off to be alone or cry and feel worried they're annoying others. His letters, video and articles mimic a worst case scenario. He was an incredibly intelligent boy which is one of the signs as they tend to become very analytical in all aspects other than interacting with others as they seem completely unable to predict how a conversation will go.

Many sufferers are actually pretty decent but can get very upset if you ignore them or appear to be ignoring them. It seems this is what was the root cause here. It doesn't excuse him, but an understanding of the syndrome helps dive into his state of mind and it's actually an incredibly difficult place to be in. He took it too far. It's strange his school doesn't appear to be mentioned as ever really helping him or even telling others what he has as those with the syndrome can actually make pretty good friends and the symptoms end up becoming pretty much non-existent.

subo - why on earth did the police not know who had Asperger's? It seems the event would not have turned into anything if his mother was aware of there being police involved. Is the United States not aware the condition exists? Because over here parents are made aware of the symptoms and behaviour involved and any mildly educated parent would know that these videos are something to be worried about :/

akeel$
27-05-2014, 11:20 AM
smh

http://i.imgur.com/hcKtnqo.png

wow lol.
This is horrible though nobody deserves to die.

God
28-05-2014, 07:15 PM
This is very sad, not the best thing to hear about in the world.

He should have went to an Islamic country that has sharia law, all the woman would have been his, or he could throw Acid on them and continue living his life.

Anyways I heard that the place where this occurred, is proposing to change gun laws to make them more like Canadas.
They always seem to blame the gun, not always the person. Someone bombs a building, they dont blame the Bomb? A driver hits a group of people, they dont blame the car?

GommeInc
28-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Anyways I heard that the place where this occurred, is proposing to change gun laws to make them more like Canadas.
They always seem to blame the gun, not always the person. Someone bombs a building, they dont blame the Bomb? A driver hits a group of people, they dont blame the car?
Indeed. It could be argued allowing guns to be easily accessible to people with Asperger's is incredibly stupid, but then again his parents should probably have been a little better at handling or knowing about the syndrome by taking precautions such as not having firearms in the house or allowing him access to both a fancy European car (BMW M3?) and to a gun.

I'm shocked that his mother apparently knew of the videos and did nothing other than think they were a little bit shocking :/

God
28-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Indeed. It could be argued allowing guns to be easily accessible to people with Asperger's is incredibly stupid, but then again his parents should probably have been a little better at handling or knowing about the syndrome by taking precautions such as not having firearms in the house or allowing him access to both a fancy European car (BMW M3?) and to a gun.

I'm shocked that his mother apparently knew of the videos and did nothing other than think they were a little bit shocking :/

I think the mothers head needs to be looked at. Maybe somewhat liable if she knew he might have done what he done did.

Anyways I believe he got the guns and ammo from 3 separate gun shops. Not so sure on how he bought them illegally (clearly he didn't have the right papers and done did the right waiting time and such.) Maybe he bought off the clerks and such?

But yes, I believe how easily available and the system on how to get a gun and ammo should be looked at. Not the right to have guns.

Yawn
28-05-2014, 09:08 PM
This is very sad, not the best thing to hear about in the world.

He should have went to an Islamic country that has sharia law, all the woman would have been his, or he could throw Acid on them and continue living his life.

wat the hell are u talking about throwing acid in ppls faces in a light hearted way for and wat has that got to do with ANYTHING??

u dont walk into a shop and buy a bomb, u dont buy a car for the sole purpose of killing :S

God
28-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Stumbled upon this on Upworthy, really interesting tbh. A must watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPFcspwbrq8&bpctr=1401313279

- - - Updated - - -

wat the hell are u talking about throwing acid in ppls faces in a light hearted way for and wat has that got to do with ANYTHING??

u dont walk into a shop and buy a bomb, u dont buy a car for the sole purpose of killing :S

You buy a gun to protect yourself, to use as a tool to hunt, to enjoy a fun time target practising at the range.

A car can be used as a weapon, do we restrict that? A bomb (Explosive) is ment to be used in demolition.

A Sane person doesnt buy a gun for the purpose of killing innocent people.

FlyingJesus
28-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Anything by Laci Green cannot be called "a must watch", she's about as impartial and educated as ... well, Dragga. She's basically tumblr personified

MKR&*42
28-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Wait for the feminazis to come and turn on you Tom.

FlyingJesus
28-05-2014, 11:14 PM
I'm used to it, they've already gone loco over the fact that people have dared to point out that the majority of victims in this were males whom Rodger hated just as much as the girls he targetted

wixard
28-05-2014, 11:49 PM
I'm used to it, they've already gone loco over the fact that people have dared to point out that the majority of victims in this were males whom Rodger hated just as much as the girls he targetted

though his reasoning for hating them was because they were more successful with women, or had been with women, one was a complete random drive by shooting who just happened to be male, and he had planned to kill his younger brother because he feared he would grow up to succeed and overshadow him (with regards to being desired by women)

his manifesto makes it very apparent that his intended target is ALL WOMEN (besides his 2 housemates he mentions and his brother for the reasons i have explained above)

and to be fair he prob just included the housemates cos they were an easy way to get his kill streak up

FlyingJesus
29-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Hating women = misogyny
Hating men = misogyny

Got it

God
29-05-2014, 01:12 AM

But the main point of this still stands, it was all about power and taking things into his own hands, because he felt entitled to their pusseys. I actually enjoy luci, watched a bit of her on D(iscovery)News. You can't deny she has got it almost spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Also while im here, interesting thing innit.

Watch this, start at around 1:29 and go till the end. Explains why they shouldn't be making this worldwide news, nor any other mass shootings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4#t=68

Edited by Sianness (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter within videos!

The Don
29-05-2014, 01:18 AM

I think you should read up on the case more since his parents did do something about it, they called the police on him who went and visited him. The Guns were also legally his, not his parents.

FlyingJesus
29-05-2014, 01:31 AM
He felt entitled to EVERYTHING from EVERYONE. He hated women for not giving themselves to him and men for not letting him be their overlord. And yes I absolutely can deny that Laci has things "spot on" because she blames masculinity as a whole for nearly all violence despite the fact that just about everyone in the world manages to get by with testosterone in their systems and doesn't kill anyone. She also postulates that masculinity is what "anyone with a penis was raised with" and is all about being violent, despite that clearly not being anywhere near the case or we'd be living in a world where bodybuilders rule and you have to punch people for a coffee. She's never been raised a male and has never raised a male. Literally nothing that she claims is true except in the very poorest regions of the world, and the killer here was very much removed from that. We are not raised to believe that women are objects, the very opposite is true and is blasted at us constantly as soon as we are born. Of course the inverse is never spoken about (because females really are entitled to what they want in our society and how dare you say otherwise) and Laci even claims that the media have been sympathising with the murderer which has clearly not been the case - talk about having a victim complex. She's the sort of person who makes women fear going outside at night because they'll be attacked despite males actually being the huge majority of victims of street violence (but who cares about them) and finishes with the tired "misogyny kills people" as though silly little things like warfare and suicide and stands for honour don't exist.

The Don
29-05-2014, 01:36 AM
But the main point of this still stands, it was all about power and taking things into his own hands, because he felt entitled to their pusseys. I actually enjoy luci, watched a bit of her on D(iscovery)News. You can't deny she has got it almost spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Also while im here, interesting thing innit.

Watch this, start at around 1:29 and go till the end. Explains why they shouldn't be making this worldwide news, nor any other mass shootings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4#t=68

He felt he was entitled to everything. This isn't relevant to feminism, this deluded guy felt that he was entitled to everything in life, not just women. He thought he deserved to win the lottery and spent his $5000 life savings on tickets, when he lost it all he wrote about how he deserved it more than those that won. This isn't relevant to feminism as it's not due to some sort of systematic problem where women are victims. Yes, he was misogynistic, he was also racist, and from reading his manifesto, appeared to hate pretty much anyone, not just women. You could potentially blame sexuality in western cultures (as his motive, I still wouldn't blame this incident on that though as it was merely a trigger, if it wasn't because he was a virgin it would've been some other asinine reason), which would actually have grounding as opposed to misogyny. He viewed himself as a failure due to western societies focus on sex and how it's abnormal to not have it. That's not oppressing women or placing them under men, in fact, this is a bigger problem for men in general more so than women due to the fact that in western society men that don't have sex are seen as less successful than those that have. An example of this is how a lot of male virgins are branded as losers, whilst on the other hand female virgins are generally seen as cute as they're 'waiting for the right person' whereas with a male it's generally seen as because he's unsuccessful, as opposed to because he's waiting for someone. This is in general, obviously there are exceptions to this and not all female virgins are called cute and not all male virgins are branded as losers, but that's how a large portion of people see it (and wrongly so).
wixard; he said in his manifesto that he would target men that looked like the men women go for, so he was also targeting men, not just women.

karter
29-05-2014, 03:14 AM
Laci Green is a trans-exclusionary feminist so please don't.

Kyle
29-05-2014, 03:37 AM
He felt entitled to EVERYTHING from EVERYONE. He hated women for not giving themselves to him and men for not letting him be their overlord. And yes I absolutely can deny that Laci has things "spot on" because she blames masculinity as a whole for nearly all violence despite the fact that just about everyone in the world manages to get by with testosterone in their systems and doesn't kill anyone. She also postulates that masculinity is what "anyone with a penis was raised with" and is all about being violent, despite that clearly not being anywhere near the case or we'd be living in a world where bodybuilders rule and you have to punch people for a coffee. She's never been raised a male and has never raised a male. Literally nothing that she claims is true except in the very poorest regions of the world, and the killer here was very much removed from that. We are not raised to believe that women are objects, the very opposite is true and is blasted at us constantly as soon as we are born. Of course the inverse is never spoken about (because females really are entitled to what they want in our society and how dare you say otherwise) and Laci even claims that the media have been sympathising with the murderer which has clearly not been the case - talk about having a victim complex. She's the sort of person who makes women fear going outside at night because they'll be attacked despite males actually being the huge majority of victims of street violence (but who cares about them) and finishes with the tired "misogyny kills people" as though silly little things like warfare and suicide and stands for honour don't exist. @God (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=104290);
watch this it's rly kwl and educational

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~mas2/ID41E2.pdf
http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/domviol/men.htm
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/nov/25/dangerous-masculinty-everyone-risk
http://www.webmd.com/men/news/20070620/why-men-skip-doctor-visits

sorry i didnt read the rest of the thread i can't be arsed hope the families of victims get the help they require and are able to move through this etc etc

GommeInc
29-05-2014, 09:42 AM
I think you should read up on the case more since his parents did do something about it, they called the police on him who went and visited him. The Guns were also legally his, not his parents.
I have. They still did nothing. They let him buy guns, they called the police and appear to have said nothing to them about the syndrome. The fact they called the police shows how little they seemed to care - why did they not personally go to see him? They did the stupid thing and chucked money at him to do whatever he pleases which probably explains why he felt entitled to everything because his parents set the foundations to make him feel entitled to whatever he wants. The syndrome itself makes the "sufferer" easily exposed and as far as I've read they had very little input and didn't tell him how to act seeing as that is one of the main drawbacks of it - they do not understand norms and need to be shown how to act. They're crap parents. They plopped him out and let someone who could easily become violently unstable roam free as he wishes. Any decent parent aware of the syndrome would know that they need to have a careful eye on them at all times, not half-arsedly phone the police before it is too late and treat him as someone else's problem.

The Don
29-05-2014, 02:00 PM
I have. They still did nothing. They let him buy guns, they called the police and appear to have said nothing to them about the syndrome. The fact they called the police shows how little they seemed to care - why did they not personally go to see him? They did the stupid thing and chucked money at him to do whatever he pleases which probably explains why he felt entitled to everything because his parents set the foundations to make him feel entitled to whatever he wants. The syndrome itself makes the "sufferer" easily exposed and as far as I've read they had very little input and didn't tell him how to act seeing as that is one of the main drawbacks of it - they do not understand norms and need to be shown how to act. They're crap parents. They plopped him out and let someone who could easily become violently unstable roam free as he wishes. Any decent parent aware of the syndrome would know that they need to have a careful eye on them at all times, not half-arsedly phone the police before it is too late and treat him as someone else's problem.

You can't stop a 22 year old adult that doesn't live with you from buying something (in this case guns). Chances are they didn't even know he had them? You seem desperate to want to blame the parents when really this guy was an adult that had been living elsewhere for nearly the past 3 years. They called the cops as soon as they discovered the videos, there's not much more they could have done other than have him committed.

e5
29-05-2014, 04:48 PM
I saw his vids, what a creep. RIP those innocent people

GommeInc
29-05-2014, 10:31 PM
You can't stop a 22 year old adult that doesn't live with you from buying something (in this case guns). Chances are they didn't even know he had them? You seem desperate to want to blame the parents when really this guy was an adult that had been living elsewhere for nearly the past 3 years. They called the cops as soon as they discovered the videos, there's not much more they could have done other than have him committed.
He had Asperger's, any parent with any number of braincells would know to keep a watchful eye over their children who have the disorder. Asperger's doesn't disappear when you reach the age of 22, it's incurable. I'm shocked you've never heard of it :/

Brad
29-05-2014, 10:35 PM
He had Asperger's, any parent with any number of braincells would know to keep a watchful eye over their children who have the disorder. Asperger's doesn't disappear when you reach the age of 22, it's incurable. I'm shocked you've never heard of it :/

If he has Asperger's, I'm surprised he didn't have a social worker with him. Usually people with Aspergers needs help, because it's with the rationalization, right?
I only know a vague understanding of Asperger's...

GommeInc
29-05-2014, 10:38 PM
If he has Asperger's, I'm surprised he didn't have a social worker with him. Usually people with Aspergers needs help, because it's with the rationalization, right?
I only know a vague understanding of Asperger's...
Essentially yes, or good parents/guardians who will look after them. Sufferers shouldn't be left alone, especially ones who don't appear to have been taught how to behave in public. This seems to have been brewing for years. What's more is they failed to inform the police that he had it which could have saved a lot of lives or at least a lot of time.

Brad
29-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Essentially yes, or good parents/guardians who will look after them. Sufferers shouldn't be left alone, especially ones who don't appear to have been taught how to behave in public. This seems to have been brewing for years. What's more is they failed to inform the police that he had it which could have saved a lot of lives or at least a lot of time.

That's sad, to be fair. Maybe with this media outburst in regards to this person will change how we help lower the risk of future situations like this one.
I have met people with Aspergers and they have dealt very well with crowds, and in public. I guess you're right- Those who work those people suffering from aspergers it's how they help teach them to act.

Again, a very sad situation.

GommeInc
29-05-2014, 10:50 PM
That's sad, to be fair. Maybe with this media outburst in regards to this person will change how we help lower the risk of future situations like this one.
I have met people with Aspergers and they have dealt very well with crowds, and in public. I guess you're right- Those who work those people suffering from aspergers it's how they help teach them to act.

Again, a very sad situation.
Indeed, once they figure out how to act the symptoms become near enough non-existent. I've had to deal with people with Aspergers and autism in general, from school to now and essentially it's just a lot of patience and re-assurance.

Any medical articles will tell friends, relatives and guardians to keep a watchful eye on their behaviour and to not really leave them on their own. Why his parents thought he needed a car and chucked loads of things at him such as money was only going to make it worse as this will only lead people with the disorder to think this is normal and therefore can have anything they want. It's textbook that he would end up having problems with social interactions thinking people will interact with him, or in this case - women will flock to him, was only going to be foreseeable.

Brad
29-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Indeed, once they figure out how to act the symptoms become near enough non-existent. I've had to deal with people with Aspergers and autism in general, from school to now and essentially it's just a lot of patience and re-assurance.

Any medical articles will tell friends, relatives and guardians to keep a watchful eye on their behaviour and to not really leave them on their own. Why his parents thought he needed a car and chucked loads of things at him such as money was only going to make it worse as this will only lead people with the disorder to think this is normal and therefore can have anything they want. It's textbook that he would end up having problems with social interactions thinking people will interact with him, or in this case - women will flock to him, was only going to be foreseeable.

Maybe his parents were unaware of what aspergers were, or they were ignorant to it. Doctors must have told him, and for his parents to neglect that really is sad.
Most reasons that they must of thrown the money and vehicle at him was to keep him "occupied", and never thought it was an issue..
Aspergers and Autism is very similar in that they need special attention (I know Autism because my sister works with those with autism and she brings them home to interact with the family.. which is kind of cool).. none of those people look like they would hurt a fly.
Series of events most likely brought him to where we was, and yeah.

The Don
30-05-2014, 02:37 AM

What part of my post has lead you to believe i've never heard of Aspergers? Having Aspergers doesn't somehow enable his parents to magically stop him from making his own choices as an adult.

Phil
30-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Interesting video onthe topic. Sorry if it's already been posted. I haven't been following the thread

http://sfglobe.com/?id=867&src=share_fb_new_867

GommeInc
30-05-2014, 11:45 AM
What part of my post has lead you to believe i've never heard of Aspergers? Having Aspergers doesn't somehow enable his parents to magically stop him from making his own choices as an adult.
Pretty much all of it where you ignore he has Aspergers and also where you think it is acceptable for parents to ignore their children who have the disorder. Having the disorder doesn't stop him from making decisions (seeing as he drove a car and shot dead people makes it pretty obvious so not sure why you said that), but parents are always advised to keep a watchful eye because of the dire issue of maybe this happening. The fact you ignore everything I've said about the parents:

1) Not informing the authorities
2) Having him live away from home
3) Chucking cars and money at him making him think he was entitled to everything.
4) Generally shrugging off the videos as being "worrying" without really taking any action themselves other than phoning the police suggesting "he's not their problem" given the fact they under 1)

...suggests you are not aware of the syndrome and what is expected of families, schools, friends and authorities when dealing with these issues.

It wouldn't surprise me they were embarrassed of the disorder and just let him run riot - ignorant of what the world might do to him and eventually led him to act.

Interesting video onthe topic. Sorry if it's already been posted. I haven't been following the thread

http://sfglobe.com/?id=867&src=share_fb_new_867
I watched about a minute and decided she's a stupid girl trying to get some popularity out of a far complex issue than her mind can digest. "You want madness? This is madness!" and she asks "If he was mentally ill or had something wrong is yet to be seen". Clearly she's not read any article. She then goes on some neo-feministic rampage of self-righteousness. Yet to see her mention any sort of disorder and.... I've given up. She started talking about how masculinity refers to the social expectations that anyone with a penis is raised with. Sexist idiot. She also thinks masculinity is reserved for heterosexual males and that all straight men repress their feelings. Loads of blanket, tarring with the same brush statements for an already non-credible person.

Slap round the face, F- try again another day.

peteyt
30-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Pretty much all of it where you ignore he has Aspergers and also where you think it is acceptable for parents to ignore their children who have the disorder. Having the disorder doesn't stop him from making decisions (seeing as he drove a car and shot dead people makes it pretty obvious so not sure why you said that), but parents are always advised to keep a watchful eye because of the dire issue of maybe this happening. The fact you ignore everything I've said about the parents:

3) Chucking cars and money at him making him think he was entitled to everything.
4) Generally shrugging off the videos as being "worrying" without really taking any action themselves other than phoning the police suggesting "he's not their problem" given the fact they under 1)

...suggests you are not aware of the syndrome and what is expected of families, schools, friends and authorities when dealing with these issues.

It wouldn't surprise me they were embarrassed of the disorder and just let him run riot - ignorant of what the world might do to him and eventually led him to act.

I watched about a minute and decided she's a stupid girl trying to get some popularity out of a far complex issue than her mind can digest. "You want madness? This is madness!" and she asks "If he was mentally ill or had something wrong is yet to be seen". Clearly she's not read any article. She then goes on some neo-feministic rampage of self-righteousness. Yet to see her mention any sort of disorder and.... I've given up. She started talking about how masculinity refers to the social expectations that anyone with a penis is raised with. Sexist idiot. She also thinks masculinity is reserved for heterosexual males and that all straight men repress their feelings. Loads of blanket, tarring with the same brush statements for an already non-credible person.

Okay so I've not read all these posts am I missing something? He was Autistic but I know lots of people who are Autistic who have their own life and are fine. I know an Autistic person who runs his own company for example. Autistic people are often just like me and you they just see things sometimes slightly different but that doesn't mean they don't know right from wrong.

Phil
30-05-2014, 12:27 PM

You watched about a minute? She didn't say most of what you've mentioned until later in the video lol. As I said, I haven't read the debate you've all been having but are you one of the people who are saying "oh he did it because he has Aspergers"?

akeel$
30-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Guys please do not post video's of violence. It's really terrific or put it in a spoiler even.
Personally I am disgusted by the whole situation because nobody deserves to die I hope they've got the shooter and locked him up for good this is just .. really horrific. When I first heard I actually like felt something bad inside me I basically just felt so like wow. It really shocked me irregardless this person should have had control and stability.

The Don
30-05-2014, 02:21 PM

1) Not informing the authorities They did inform the authorities. Whether they said he had Aspergers is not known, unless you have some sort of citation to back that up?

2) Having him live away from home He went to college, Thousands and thousands of Autistic students live away from home for College. I have a feeling you don't understand what Aspergers is because you seem to think people with it shouldn't be granted independence by their parents and shouldn't be allowed to live alone or have a car.

3) Chucking cars and money at him making him think he was entitled to everything. Chucking cars and money at him? They bought him one car and a little bit of money. Do you think people with aspergers are not entitled to a car as a gift from their parents? I'm fairly confident that being given a car and some money isn't the cause of his actions or his hatred for the world. From his manifesto he seemed to be incredibly narcissistic which is a mental disorder in itself and wouldn't have been caused from mommy and daddy giving him a bmw.

4) Generally shrugging off the videos as being "worrying" without really taking any action themselves other than phoning the police suggesting "he's not their problem" given the fact they under 1) What else do you want them to have done? The videos they reported to the police are NOT the same one where he explains what he's going to do in this incident or talks about retribution. The ones they saw were the 'tamer' ones where he discuss being a virgin. Although alarming (which is why they reported him to the police, duh) it's not going to give someone the foresight that he's going to go out and shoot up a college campus. There's thousands of videos that are similar on youtube, I bet, and how many of those can be linked to a mass shooting? It's all good in hindsight wagging your finger and saying the parents should have done more but they didn't have a crystal ball and couldn't see what was going to happen.

FlyingJesus
30-05-2014, 02:23 PM
I hope they've got the shooter and locked him up for good

He was either shot down by police when he opened fire on them or killed himself as they approached, I'm not certain that it's been identified which

akeel$
30-05-2014, 02:28 PM
He was either shot down by police when he opened fire on them or killed himself as they approached, I'm not certain that it's been identified which

Wow that's awful. He should deserve to go to prison for the rest of his life but getting killed / killing himself. That's kind of not right :/ all the same killing seven people they would've probably given him a life sentence so in my opinion his life being taken away was an awful yet lucky escape. If you're reading this right now and believe in a God then. He's probably gone to hell.

GoldenMerc
30-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Believe he was wounded by police, then topped himself.

Either way the video's are different and we've certainly never seen anything like this before.

GommeInc
30-05-2014, 03:03 PM
1) Not informing the authorities They did inform the authorities. Whether they said he had Aspergers is not known, unless you have some sort of citation to back that up?

2) Having him live away from home He went to college, Thousands and thousands of Autistic students live away from home for College. I have a feeling you don't understand what Aspergers is because you seem to think people with it shouldn't be granted independence by their parents and shouldn't be allowed to live alone or have a car.

3) Chucking cars and money at him making him think he was entitled to everything. Chucking cars and money at him? They bought him one car and a little bit of money. Do you think people with aspergers are not entitled to a car as a gift from their parents? I'm fairly confident that being given a car and some money isn't the cause of his actions or his hatred for the world. From his manifesto he seemed to be incredibly narcissistic which is a mental disorder in itself and wouldn't have been caused from mommy and daddy giving him a bmw.

4) Generally shrugging off the videos as being "worrying" without really taking any action themselves other than phoning the police suggesting "he's not their problem" given the fact they under 1) What else do you want them to have done? The videos they reported to the police are NOT the same one where he explains what he's going to do in this incident or talks about retribution. The ones they saw were the 'tamer' ones where he discuss being a virgin. Although alarming (which is why they reported him to the police, duh) it's not going to give someone the foresight that he's going to go out and shoot up a college campus. There's thousands of videos that are similar on youtube, I bet, and how many of those can be linked to a mass shooting? It's all good in hindsight wagging your finger and saying the parents should have done more but they didn't have a crystal ball and couldn't see what was going to happen.
1) Then clearly the authorities are to blame or the parents for not taking preventative measures.

2) Clearly the parents or the college are to blame for not taking greater action to keep an eye on him.

3) Not if they're unstable. It's been reported and argued many times he felt entitled to everything. Given how he was made to feel entitled by his parents and appears to of had little involvement with his parents or had any sort of guardian looking after him this does suggest why he felt he was entitled to winning the lottery and being upset when this did not happen and being liked by girls. It's sort of a big thing with Aspergers, yet you seem to not understand this.

4) The videos they reported to the police are ones which were considered worrying by the parents and are constantly being cited as alarming. They shrugged it off and appear to not have informed the authorities about his disorder, otherwise greater action would have been taken.

You watched about a minute? She didn't say most of what you've mentioned until later in the video lol. As I said, I haven't read the debate you've all been having but are you one of the people who are saying "oh he did it because he has Aspergers"?
I had it on in the background and decided after a minute what an idiot she was - sexist, ignorant of the facts and just some attention seeking individual using the events to boost her popularity. Her message wasn't informative and was just useless. Her shrugs and cleavage wasn't exactly appealing and somewhat goes against what she was trying to say, too :P

Also I did not say he did this because he had aspergers, I said it's likely it was a huge cause seeing as he has textbook behaviour of someone who has the symptoms of the disorder.

Any simple internet search and you will discover how many murderers have/were diagnosed with Aspergers. It's why a big disorder which can be the cause for a lot of rage in sufferers, and his reaction was textbook but on a larger scale.

Okay so I've not read all these posts am I missing something? He was Autistic but I know lots of people who are Autistic who have their own life and are fine. I know an Autistic person who runs his own company for example. Autistic people are often just like me and you they just see things sometimes slightly different but that doesn't mean they don't know right from wrong.
No one has said all people with autism are mass-murderers... Also, this is Aspergers which is quite a serious form of autism which by definition effects how someone can perceive right from wrong :P

!:random!:!
30-05-2014, 03:46 PM
might be a bit late but rip to the people who died :(

le harry
30-05-2014, 04:15 PM
i posted in a couple of the threads he made on bodybuilding.com.

everyone thought he was an elaborate troll srs, did not gather an ounce of sympathy. i even said a few mean things haha, oh well what's done is done. 140 page manifesto, he had this planned for a long time.

peteyt
30-05-2014, 04:57 PM
1) No one has said all people with autism are mass-murderers... Also, this is Aspergers which is quite a serious form of autism which by definition effects how someone can perceive right from wrong :P

The problem is Autism and I believe Aspergers are the same in the sense that there isn't one level some people can have it really bad some people can have it where its practically non existent. That's what a lot of people don't get it because of the fact there isn't a general type. Also adults can find out later on they have autism so it can't be that bad.

What you seem to be saying, or at least what it is reading as, is that people with Aspergers should be viewed with danger at all times and shouldn't have full responsibility of their lives and if we don't monitor them 24/7 they might turn into a killer.

There's actually articles online claiming he was never properly diagnosed with aspergers and I've seen the mention of some weight lifting supplement and steroids.

The problem is that people sometimes can't accept people are evil and when something like this happens they will look for a reason and then blame everyone for not seeing the signs. If I went on a killing spree people would look at my extensive horror collection and claim that I was obviously sick in the head, had some horror posters up and obviously had problems with violence. But actually on the contrary, I dislike violence in the real world and would always avoid a fight, but I do love horror films for entertainment and I suppose a form of escapism. But when something like this happens it's very easy to see things like these as something they're not.

buttons
30-05-2014, 07:30 PM
i posted in a couple of the threads he made on bodybuilding.com.

everyone thought he was an elaborate troll srs, did not gather an ounce of sympathy. i even said a few mean things haha, oh well what's done is done. 140 page manifesto, he had this planned for a long time.
what his username on there? had a google and threads linked to his name seem to have been removed

wixard
30-05-2014, 08:04 PM
what his username on there? had a google and threads linked to his name seem to have been removed

they removed them all but i'll get links for you one sec just on the phone

Stephen
30-05-2014, 08:06 PM
1 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TbptOnc5huUJ:forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D161988053+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a) 2 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uEz4YPmfIHgJ:forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D161988053%26page%3D2+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-a) 3 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UmV9K1oHr-AJ:forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D161988053%26page%3D3+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-a) 4 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:92uQRlq4WqYJ:forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D161988053%26page%3D4+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-a) 5 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:M88aebs3kBMJ:forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D161988053%26page%3D5+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-a) 6
(http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:iFq6g2hiE8AJ:forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D161988053%26page%3D6+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-a)
there's all the pages from one of his threads

wixard
30-05-2014, 08:16 PM
thanks stefy

buttons
30-05-2014, 08:21 PM
cheers stephen
scary that ive seen so many people all over the internet acting like him but you generally see them as harmless losers.
hes on a bodybuilding forum but says 'How dare you. My looks are magnificent. I don't care about having a big physique, it doesn't suit me anyways. Girls shouldn't care either... this isn't the stone age anymore where girls go for huge muscular manly men.

But then again, girls' minds don't seem to have evolved from the stone age.'

repressed jealousy i guess

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!