PDA

View Full Version : Habbo becoming extremely boring?

Hidden
27-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Recently I have found that Habbo has become extremely boring, there is nothing to do other than the repetitive quests and badges which are just so overused it's really boring, nobody creates anything fun nor do staff do anything exciting that they haven't done before, all competitions are so similar and I'm sure plenty of people agree. Stories always have top '30' entries win with a top 5 but they can barely scrape 20 entries (last being 18 entries) I feel bad for them because stories is a good way to add knowledge with fun to help people but Habbo is just becoming extremely boring.

What is there to do except chat with people you can chat with else where? The forums are dead, the rooms are dead, the competitions are dead so..... yeah.

Chippiewill
27-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Habbo became boring in 2007.

Absently
27-05-2014, 12:04 PM
i think it just becomes much more boring as you get older too. i don't think it helps that there's such a little userbase now and the fact that they've just run out of new ideas.

Storking
27-05-2014, 12:17 PM
I feel like Habbo is back on the up with the introduction of things like Builder's Club and the iPad app; although the usercount is still disappointing.

Even so, the most enjoyable part of Habbo is the people you meet and stay around so find some more interesting people to chat to.

Hidden
27-05-2014, 12:20 PM
I feel like Habbo is back on the up with the introduction of things like Builder's Club and the iPad app; although the usercount is still disappointing.

Even so, the most enjoyable part of Habbo is the people you meet and stay around so find some more interesting people to chat to.
You don't have to chat to people on Habbo when there is Habbo forums and other ways to chat, you must have missed that part

Brad
27-05-2014, 12:41 PM
I have seen the slight decrease of interactions on habbo, and I agree that Habbo management needs to pull up their socks with the competitions, etc.

There needs to be a revolution on habbo!

Kyle
27-05-2014, 01:22 PM
You don't have to chat to people on Habbo when there is Habbo forums and other ways to chat, you must have missed that part
chatting in habbo is different

i only play to pass the time. maybe it's ust boring cos you're getting older

Brawl
28-05-2014, 06:05 AM
You only get out what you put in. Be the change you want to see in Habbo!

Matt
28-05-2014, 07:01 AM
It's been boring since the merge and the mute IMO

akeel$
28-05-2014, 10:10 AM
I LIKE IT, LIKE IT.

lemons
28-05-2014, 10:13 AM
i always say it's boring but i log on everyday so it can't be that boring! i just talk to my friends and play games

IWishIWasCool
28-05-2014, 10:29 AM
I have a really big problem with how the hotel management and community treats each other, this Builders group thing is just
free labour for sulake and all the hard work goes to a crappy quest that just repeats every week and never gets any interesting. Since about 2007 the community have all been whacked in the head with a golf club and lost some IQ points, everyone treats each other like garbage and the people who really want to make a difference are laughed at, It's pathetic, in my opinion 3 things killed habbo.

-The Community
-Staff & Staff treatment towards users (count this as 3 if you want)
-Faulty practices by sulake

On the topic of staff mistrust and using powers, I found an exploit with Habbo Forums a while back and was contacted to see if I could find more, which I did, I'm the reason you have a wait time between posts (which I am truly sorry for) they gave me a forum and told me to go nuts, after about a month of finding various exploits and glitches with the forum they stopped replying to my findings, pushed me out and used me without a thanks, which coming from a guy who still lives in 2004, Manners are nice. Habbo has become this unstoppable trainwreck and the community has much to do with the destruction as sulake do, It'll never recover and it'll always be this one big boring site you used to visit a while ago.

Zak
28-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Habbo became boring in 2007.

Yeah I agree with this

Chris
28-05-2014, 11:09 AM
I suppose it depends what you're doing on there. Chatting can be fun but I've mostly been enjoying events recently.

Bankai90
28-05-2014, 11:52 AM
I kinda agree with Habbo being boring and all. But ya know, i do sometimes log in to chat and socialize with friends that i knew inside Habbo. Apart from that, i have plants that's need to be treated everyday. So yeah, that's pretty much i do nowadays. :)

steamyxo
28-05-2014, 01:14 PM
I think people used to use habbo as an escape route, or like a life that they could just re-do to their standard when they were younger. for example, loads of people are open to being gay on habbo and family and friends don't no anything irl. People just found it easier to talk with people on habbo cos they no they wont judge them and there's always someone that's the same as you. but now that people are getting older, they're more open so this escape route isn't really needed any more yet they still clutch onto it because they think its "precious" if you like. i think this is why you see so many like really young (-10) playing, because of bullying irl or problems irl or something they're trying to block out the real world, and in today's society i personally thing there's a lot more harsh bullying and such

Lewis
28-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Habbo's become boring since they slowly removed features such as battleball and snowstorm, eventually leading up to Habbo Beta. And not just because of the change of the UI for habbo beta, everything simply got worse.

And now it's even more awful due to the ban of gambling and limit to dices.

Attached
28-05-2014, 04:45 PM
I love when people try to be very, very specific about the exact moment Habbo became boring.

Habbo is ite providing you have something to do. For example, I build my Museum when I'm on and it keeps me occupied. I'm sure the people into all that roleplaying stuff aren't ever really bored either.

A lot of people come on Habbo and just moan or arse about in 18+ rooms. I can imagine that getting boring very quickly.

MKR&*42
28-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Yeah I've gotten bored of it too, found myself coming on less and less and ive started not even bothering going on at all. It can't be staff interaction for me as I really only became very active from 2010 (where staff interaction with the community was not exactly at its best and the same goes for customer service). I guess it's just an age thing for me maybe, don't build rooms dont buy furni/rares dont really chat to newer people etc.

Although I agree the overdoing of room comps is boring.

Oh and removng the game centre (with stuff like fast food n snowstorm n habbo pix, they were fun) just made it worse.

Futz
28-05-2014, 05:29 PM
habbo isn't an online game that should keep you entertained though sole game mechanics like an ommorpg usually would be able to

you should just treat it as a social platform, it's a chat room with extras

Coryza
28-05-2014, 05:47 PM
habbo isn't an online game that should keep you entertained though sole game mechanics like an ommorpg usually would be able to

you should just treat it as a social platform, it's a chat room with extras

I would remove Marketplace if I was Habbo. I've had so much joy and time searching/hunting/trading for specific furniture, building the room I desired. Now I can look-up everything within 1 sec. |-)

Hidden
28-05-2014, 06:30 PM
I would remove Marketplace if I was Habbo. I've had so much joy and time searching/hunting/trading for specific furniture, building the room I desired. Now I can look-up everything within 1 sec. |-)

Coin shops right now are DISGUSTING have been since the merge of all English hotels. Searching for coin shops on habbo.co.uk was one of the best things ever!

akeel$
28-05-2014, 08:09 PM
It's not even boring to be totally honest you just need to be around in gaming rooms and keep updated with what people are doing etc. Also communicate with members and of course make new friends.
I usually go to all the events, hang out in the lounge and enter comps keeps me an active member.

Liva
28-05-2014, 10:26 PM
I think it was just the thrill of being a noob, for me. :P trying to gain furni, win modelling comps and cozzie changes.. Rushing to enter the celeb events and to talk to them and buying the diving/wobble squabble tickets.
It has lost/overdone it's little quirks that made it fun. I joined when I was like, 9 and was on it all the time due to not having any friends irl. Even when my family called it 'loser hotel' and have shamed it, making me play it secretly for the last 7 years. It's kind of a comfort, or something to do.
I think it's boring now because I'm old and most of the youngins wanna cyber and you can't quite find anyone you click with anymore (no pun intended hahaha)

Plus on several times, guys have said they love me and effectively ruined our friendship so blaaaah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad
28-05-2014, 11:13 PM
It's definitely the little quirks that habbo has. I love the aspect of building rooms, and game rooms. So I guess it would all be perspective. :)

Mikey
28-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Habbo becoming is extremely boring

Only reason I'm around is cause of Habbo fansites, if they weren't around I probably would of left many a year ago.

Brawl
29-05-2014, 12:15 AM
At the end of the day, Habbo is a business. They only listen if you speak with your wallet. Without people purchasing credits and subscriptions, the service falters. Keep spending money on Habbo and it grows. Keep a tight wallet and Sulake finds new ways to get your money. It's a double-edged sword.

OldLoveSong
29-05-2014, 12:21 AM
ever since cinos closed im kinda bored. not much to do besides habbox stuff, nothing else that interests me anyways.

!x!dude!x!2
29-05-2014, 01:08 AM
I think ever since the merge happened I've been really bored of habbo

akeel$
29-05-2014, 07:38 AM
I don't even think it was the merge which destroyed Habbo's popularity. It was the mute without doubt but if you have good friends on the site then you won't ever feel too bored.

Attached
29-05-2014, 12:28 PM
The mute certainly didn't help, but if you think back, Habbo certainly wasn't much better off before the mute. It had been on a downward slide for a while.

jorsian
30-05-2014, 03:47 PM
The current culture of Habbo is earning badges. No one seems to care about anything anymore except badges. Last time I checked you can only wear 5 of them at a time. And most people don't even notice the badges you already collected. The staff mentioned that only 1% of people use homepages anymore, so who is looking at your badge counter? No one. Why they are so popular I will never know, but that's just how it is. As long as people express interest in collecting them the staff will continue to release uninventive competitions with a badge reward and perhaps, if you're lucky, a small pack of norm furni.

We must not forget that the new generation of Habbos don't know what Habbo used to be. We can't take for granted that people used to play Battleball/Snowstorm, enter the old competitions, or remember how great the old staff were. It's hard to start a revolution when no one understands what they're missing out on. Many people are living in the moment, and for them, people as unprofessional as Powertoo/QueenofSheba/KitchenNinjette are all they know or remember. It's sad, but a reality.

le harry
30-05-2014, 03:58 PM
i quit maybe... 6/7 years ago now so bear with me... do people still play battleball? damn the amount of coins i spent on that game. habbo UK use to have the most intense BB players. was serious stuff... i faded out though. tried to get on after the merge but changed my password drunk and forgot it a few years ago. still got rooms full of petal floors / dino eggs / thrones / bird baths rotting away lol (are they even still worth anything?)

edit: reading heaps about the badges. yah that was such a downturn of habbo. having a gold HC badge was pretty much the only thing people aimed for when i played. oh and pimping out their homepage... good times.

Brad
30-05-2014, 04:33 PM
i quit maybe... 6/7 years ago now so bear with me... do people still play battleball? damn the amount of coins i spent on that game. habbo UK use to have the most intense BB players. was serious stuff... i faded out though. tried to get on after the merge but changed my password drunk and forgot it a few years ago. still got rooms full of petal floors / dino eggs / thrones / bird baths rotting away lol (are they even still worth anything?)

edit: reading heaps about the badges. yah that was such a downturn of habbo. having a gold HC badge was pretty much the only thing people aimed for when i played. oh and pimping out their homepage... good times.

I remember the hype of homepage changing. It's kind of shocking now that there's nothing that goes on with the actual habbo website. Everything is moving to the client.

GrandpaJoe63
30-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Quests now are lazy and it's quite obvious they're not putting a lot of focus in actually doing something interesting. It's the repetitive telephrase or maze quests to get badges or those annoying grinding quests. The only thing I do now is watch for new furnitures that I can add to my private rooms.

ReallyOkay
30-05-2014, 07:39 PM
The current culture of Habbo is earning badges. No one seems to care about anything anymore except badges. Last time I checked you can only wear 5 of them at a time. And most people don't even notice the badges you already collected. The staff mentioned that only 1% of people use homepages anymore, so who is looking at your badge counter? No one. Why they are so popular I will never know, but that's just how it is. As long as people express interest in collecting them the staff will continue to release uninventive competitions with a badge reward and perhaps, if you're lucky, a small pack of norm furni.

We must not forget that the new generation of Habbos don't know what Habbo used to be. We can't take for granted that people used to play Battleball/Snowstorm, enter the old competitions, or remember how great the old staff were. It's hard to start a revolution when no one understands what they're missing out on. Many people are living in the moment, and for them, people as unprofessional as Powertoo/QueenofSheba/KitchenNinjette are all they know or remember. It's sad, but a reality.

Couldn't agree more. Insane how they've had users purchase their own badges just to show in rooms. Badges are the epitome of overused and overworked. Give a girl a break dammm. At one point in time competitions/quests had a true narrative with memorable characters. Not so much anymore. Feels very "click to recieve your prize" instead of a mission with tasks.

I wonder if there is even a new generation on Habbo. Judging by the peek of members online, I'd say very few new users join daily and end up purchasing coins in the longterm. The decline is real yo. So maybe staff should start coming up with new ideas instead of trying to please an audience that has not one clue what they want. Habbo has been scared into feedback mode trying to recreate a past that can't be duplicated. These small updates are stupid and frustrating. Switching to an iPad isn't going to magically increase users. There's something wrong with the game that calls for big changes. And until that happens Habbo is doomed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!