PDA

View Full Version : No D-Day Celebration.

iBlueBox
06-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Is anyone a bit surprised Habbo have not done any event or memorial type thing to celebrate the 70th anniversary of D-Day?

I'm not going to lie I am a bit angry of it, considered they've done an even to celebrate the Queens 70th Aus Birthday, but not one to memorial D-Day when they've done this for other types of memorials for different countries on different hotels.

Storking
06-06-2014, 01:44 PM
it seems they piled too many resources into world burger day

- - - Updated - - -

oh and world turtle day must have been very draining!

iBlueBox
06-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Yeah,

I mean I don't even care about badges or anything

but an acknowledgement would of been nice of the memorial.

Kardan
06-06-2014, 02:47 PM
To be fair, the majority of people that play Habbo won't have had grandparents that were alive during the war, let alone serving. And seems a bit tacky, what would you do? "Run through Omahabbo Beach and avoid the explosions to win a badge!!!"

Red
06-06-2014, 02:52 PM
To be fair, the majority of people that play Habbo won't have had grandparents that were alive during the war, let alone serving. And seems a bit tacky, what would you do? "Run through Omahabbo Beach and avoid the explosions to win a badge!!!"

They had one for memorial day in the US? They can run events without them being tacky

Kardan
06-06-2014, 03:10 PM
But doesn't memorial day involve essentially remembering all those lost? Habbos are far more likely to have known someone lost in more modern wars than on D Day.

Daltron
06-06-2014, 03:28 PM
I don't know if this is offensive but I have no idea what D Day is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reality
06-06-2014, 03:39 PM
I think it maybe because Habbo is a Finish organisation and D-Day is mainly centered around UK and French users of the hotel therefore, Habbo may not of recognized the events over the last few days as it is a very English / French "tradition" to remember D-Day.
Also, Habbo maybe creating and designing new features for the hotel as in other events that have happened throughout the years and are planning for them.

Red
06-06-2014, 03:43 PM
But doesn't memorial day involve essentially remembering all those lost? Habbos are far more likely to have known someone lost in more modern wars than on D Day.

So we should soon stop remembering ww2 cause we don't have grandparents who fought?!

If anything, that is reason to do it, to educate people!!

iBlueBox
06-06-2014, 03:45 PM

It's the storming of normandy beach of 135,000 troops made up from the Allies that started the end of World War 2

I think it maybe because Habbo is a Finish organisation and D-Day is mainly centered around UK and French users of the hotel therefore, Habbo may not of recognized the events over the last few days as it is a very English / French "tradition" to remember D-Day.
Also, Habbo maybe creating and designing new features for the hotel as in other events that have happened throughout the years and are planning for them.

They've still celebrated other countries "traditions"

and D-Day remembrance is also American, Canadian, Australian and all of the allied troops remembrance.

--

Anyways I asked Waltz and she said

" no sorry, it kind of snuck up on us ".

Oh well.

Reality
06-06-2014, 03:47 PM
I won't deny either I myself didn't remember D-Day was 70 years until a few days before the event!
But I <3 the red arrows (Y) they're always good to watch as well as the other events that happen down the seafront at this time.
It's the storming of normandy beach of 135,000 troops made up from the Allies that started the end of World War 2

They've still celebrated other countries "traditions"

and D-Day remembrance is also American, Canadian, Australian and all of the allied troops remembrance.

--

Anyways I asked Waltz and she said

" no sorry, it kind of snuck up on us ".

Oh well.

GrandpaJoe63
07-06-2014, 05:18 PM
The had a memorial for that war thing in Australia, I forgot which one was that and the usual telephrase quest maze was in Pivot's room, so why not D-Day?

IzzyUhh
07-06-2014, 05:21 PM
I was at least expecting a badge or something, would have been nice for some sort of acknowledgement I mean it's big thing idk

akeel$
07-06-2014, 06:15 PM
**** day

what is d-day lmao. i have no idea?
thts prob why they didn't do it.

iBlueBox
07-06-2014, 06:29 PM
**** day

I think you probably did not pay attention in school.

Drunq
07-06-2014, 06:54 PM
bit shockin tbh!!!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Reality
07-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Wait so you're saying because you didn't know it, they shouldn't be remembering it? Considering it was thousands of men that risked their lives saving the front on the UK yet you think it has now, recognition because you didn't know about it, stupid.
**** day

Samantha
07-06-2014, 07:07 PM
It is a little odd that they did nothing for it - I mean the events they generally do are usually for US or Canada mainly then bridge out to the others sometimes. I wasn't 100% sure on what D-Day was, but it's pretty clear that something that affected a lot of the world - especially the countries Habbo.com is meant to represent, an event could have been done.

akeel$
07-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Wait so you're saying because you didn't know it, they shouldn't be remembering it? Considering it was thousands of men that risked their lives saving the front on the UK yet you think it has now, recognition because you didn't know about it, stupid.

Bye. Why should Habbo remember them? This is a game not bloody Queen's Court.
And no. I don't really care if they risked their lives for UK it was their own choice to do it.

iBlueBox
07-06-2014, 09:57 PM
And no. I don't really care if they risked their lives for UK it was their own choice to do it.

Some one failed basic History.

It actually wasn't their own choice due to the Conscription being introduced forcing many of them to risk their lives.

Matt
08-06-2014, 03:28 AM

Talk about being rude and disrespectful..

Habbo have remembered plenty of other memorial based events and I think this one was no different. Surprising they didn't do anything for it.

Brad
08-06-2014, 03:55 AM

Wow.
That's low. You need to be more respectful towards what you say. If it wasn't for those people "Who made their own choice to do it", the world literally wouldn't be how it is now.

Please grow up. Maybe learn something; http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/d-day

Here, I even linked a website for you.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!