PDA

View Full Version : Tony Blair: 'We didn't cause Iraq crisis'

Chippiewill
15-06-2014, 01:45 AM
The 2003 invasion of Iraq is not to blame for the violent insurgency now gripping the country, former UK prime minister Tony Blair has said.

Writing on his website, he said the violence was the "predictable and malign effect" of inaction in Syria.

"We have to liberate ourselves from the notion that 'we' have caused this," he wrote. "We haven't."

He said the idea that the current crisis was a result of the toppling of Saddam Hussein in 2003 was "bizarre".

Mr Blair said the takeover of Mosul by Sunni insurgents was planned across the Syrian border.

Syria is three years into a civil war in which tens of thousands of people have died and millions more have been displaced.

In August last year, a chemical attack near the capital Damascus killed hundreds of people.

In August, UK MPs rejected the idea of air strikes against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government to deter the use of chemical weapons.

"But every time we put off action," Mr Blair wrote, "The action we will be forced to take will be ultimately greater."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27852832

Jesus christ, why won't this guy **** off.

FlyingJesus
15-06-2014, 01:52 AM
Destroying their entire system of government and leaving rule open to whoever had the most guns was totally not to blame, that's why we're now "allying" with Iran to give them police control of Iraqi areas that won't obey our every random command in exchange for not giving us any expensive trouble in the foreseeable future

GommeInc
15-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Is that horrible little scrotum still spouting hot air? I'm amazed he's still considered British - he's just some jumped up traitor who sealed Labour's fate as Conservative Minor, dragged us into a conflict so he could profit from it with "peace" missions as an envoy and crippled us as a credible nation. I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire! I'd just have a horse do it.

EDIT: Not sure why I quoted you Tom :P Pretty sure I only hit reply :/

-:Undertaker:-
16-06-2014, 12:39 AM
Tony Bliar is one of the few men I can actually say I detest, and not just over the Iraq issue either.

I've now taken to flicking over the television channel when this creep comes on. I cannot stand the man.

GommeInc
16-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Tony Bliar is one of the few men I can actually say I detest, and not just over the Iraq issue either.

I've now taken to flicking over the television channel when this creep comes on. I cannot stand the man.
Same, with his horrible American accent which just affirms any idea he was secretly Bush's wife :P He is such a creepy man.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!