PDA

View Full Version : [Runescape] Legacy Mode Beta now open ~ Legacy coming soon!

Rachel
22-06-2014, 04:39 PM
You may have heard about the Legacy Mode Beta which has been open since a week now if I am not mistaken. This is bringing back the old combat before EOC which those who now got use to EOC doesn't want it to be happening and this might bring back a few old school players back to the real world of Runescape.

No abilities, with auto-attack damage scaled up.
Pre-RuneScape 3 interfaces - resizeable and fixed.
Old-style minimap icons.
A maximum-possible life point value of 990.

We've also put together a batch of changes to improve combat for everyone - introducing some of your most-requested features, while addressing some long-standing balance issues with EoC.
You can try these out in the beta today

An updated version of the 138 combat formula, with equal contribution from melee, ranged and magic.
Special attacks on weapons.
Strength bonuses have replaced critical hit chance.
Ability damage has been fine-tuned to address some long-term imbalances. Damage output potential remains the same, but weaker abilities have been improved and overpowered abilities toned down.
More life points come from stats than from armour, and combat triangle penalties and bonuses are slightly relaxed.

To read it from the Runescape site itself just click Here (http://services.runescape.com/m=news/legacy-mode-beta---now-open) :)
I have just took a bit from the site to here :)

Also once you have tried the beta or you are familiar with old combat, please post your point of view of this Legacy Combat coming soon!

scottish
22-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Tempting to rejoin due to this but really cba.

Does it match EoC or is EoC still more powerful?

Rachel
22-06-2014, 04:46 PM
scottish;

Thing is, EOC(with all abilities) I personally find it is more effective in certain ways. In Legacy you just click once and use your special attack but I am not sure if it is stronger than EOC at this point.

scottish
22-06-2014, 04:50 PM
EoC is **** though.

If I want to play a game with a 20 button rotation and need to learn all the spells I'll play runescape.

People played and enjoyed runescape because the combat system was a click one and special attack game.

Rachel
22-06-2014, 04:54 PM
EoC is **** though.

If I want to play a game with a 20 button rotation and need to learn all the spells I'll play runescape.

People played and enjoyed runescape because the combat system was a click one and special attack game.

Well Legacy Combat is where it comes in. Once it is out, I am not sure if players will have an option to play EOC and Legacy Combat.

IceNineKills
22-06-2014, 04:58 PM
wonder if staking will come back aswell

Rachel
22-06-2014, 04:59 PM
wonder if staking will come back aswell

It wasn't mentioned in this coming update but you never know.

scottish
22-06-2014, 05:08 PM
They will be able to play EoC and Legacy (choose between them)

But I'm only gonna return if it's balanced, and the fact they sell bonds puts me off too as it's essentially legal RWT.

Rachel
22-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Jagex approved selling bonds sadly hence it is probably why now days many players are rich due to bonds and not to actually earn the cash itself.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!