PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any phobias?

scottish
26-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Do you have any phobias?

How much has it impacted your life if you do?

Kardan
26-06-2014, 08:06 PM
I dislike heights, but because with some situations I'm okay, I wouldn't say it's a phobia.

Flying and rollercoasters are fine with me, but a cable car, or looking over a cliff edge would be too much for me.

Hasn't really impacted me, although this summer I'm supposed to go in a cable car for 10 minutes over some massive canyon. Great.

Futz
26-06-2014, 08:24 PM
not really, generally quite good with most of the normal phobias people have

Becca
26-06-2014, 10:52 PM
hardly effects my life but i have galeophobia (fear of sharks)
i can't even see photos of one lmao it's pathetic but yup

thms
26-06-2014, 11:52 PM
probably heights/rollercoasters/rides

i have been to Alton Towers so many times and haven't been on a single thing despite 13 the last time i went, i'd probably only ever go on that as well as other minor things too, i won't even go on hex! i even hate the cable cars there i get really anxious because of the height especially when you're at the top over the trees ughhhhh!!!!

Red
26-06-2014, 11:53 PM
Scared of insects. Too afraid to go near to even kill them. Such a struggle in summer when your room is roasting but then if you open your window you get moths :( I would panic if I was trapped in a car or like a room with a wasp/bee. My natural reaction is to run so when your stuck there its like ahh. Don't like rollercoasters either. I would never get on one lmao oh and I hate clowns.

Stephen
27-06-2014, 01:32 AM
arachnophobia annoying cos every so many months every year when the spiders come out to play it scares me to ****. Put them in a glass and let them out they say.........ISAYKILLTHEM

I'm claustrophobic too everytime i think about small spaces or getting trapped or even being in a plane now makes me panic inside. I used to love flying

andddd I'm a recovering or w/e agoraphobic obviously impacted my life by a million cos it peaked during my later high school years so left school early and I lost that transition from school to working so yh ruined my life by a huge portion never spoke to my school friends again loner08

crystaldd0
27-06-2014, 02:22 AM
trypophobia; doesn't effect my life, just can't stand seeing pictures of it u_u

Leinaa
27-06-2014, 02:33 AM
spiders, bees, & wasps

Rachel
27-06-2014, 02:51 AM
Spiders mostly. I use to be scared of blood but with my career I over pass the fear.

Aiden
27-06-2014, 05:50 AM
trypophobia; doesn't effect my life, just can't stand seeing pictures of it u_u

I think you just gave me this phobia for holes in the skin. I feel so uncomfortable right now.

Matt
27-06-2014, 08:10 AM
I don't like Spiders but I wouldn't quite say it's a phobia as they don't really ruin my life. I hate public speaking even more than spiders and I do have a tendency to fixate on speeches until they're over with so that could be my phobia?

Zak
27-06-2014, 09:14 AM
I hate spiders. Not a fan of heights either.

davecool656
27-06-2014, 11:05 AM
heights am not to bad with now a days but would still say heights

Sian
27-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Heights, claustrophobia and flying.

despect
27-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Mine would be either spiders or snakes. Snakes don't really impact my life because I'm from the UK so it's not like theres Snakes everywhere. However, Spiders do really have an impact on my life because they are literally everywhere :(.

welshcake
27-06-2014, 11:58 PM
I have a phobia of empty swimming pools. Even thinking about them now makes me want to cry.
So gross. Keep that pool filled pls!

wiktoria
29-06-2014, 12:13 PM
phobia of vomit/vomiting i know no one enjoys throwing up but yh i won't get into details coz its gross, i have panic attacks and yh. it's kinda dangerous. I can't help people who are being sick or anything. Once my friend said she felt sick and thought she was gonna throw up and wanted me to help her and i started crying

2bonic
08-07-2014, 10:35 PM
I have a very bad case of spider phobia! when i'm stressed and i go to bed i dream of them. 2 nights ago i dreamt that there was tarachulas where on the floor with other species. some double and half the size. I was coming towards me and i was balancing myself on the tip of the top of the coach while holding to the wall.

I am so bad that i require someone to kill them for me.

I am also scared of boob cancer. I want to remove them so badly but where i live the doctors suport is terrible!
I even had bad stuff with them so i think if i got rid of them it would do me a favour.

Jazz
10-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Insects, they set my OCD off so it affects me quite a bit
i faint or vomit at the sight of blood

MightyMagician
23-07-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm terrified of bees, eye drops, I guess I'm a little scared of roller coasters, but I could get over it - I've been on a cable car before and they are beyond dangerous, seeing as I nearly died trying to get off of one, they keep moving even when it reaches the platform.

Empired
23-07-2014, 09:21 AM
oh i never replied to this thread

Yes i got arachnophobia which doesn't bother me at all in winter but it's so bad in summer :( it started to spread out to similar daddy long legses as well and now it's pretty much all bugs :'( I can't even kill them because the idea of having a squashed bug on my hand/wall/floor/etc is almost worse!

I'm also terrified of fish but i don't even know if that's a phobia lol?? i can't look at them or eat them or anything they just creep. me. out. the deep sea ones are the worst! it's the actual appearance of the fish that scares me because i don't have trouble with fish fingers, but anything with scales or fish eyes or even fish-shaped gets me so scared. doesn't affect me that much but it does mean i get worried about going to other ppls houses in case it's fish for dinner :(

the worst n final one is agoraphobia. it's not as bad as it used to be but it's still pretty damn difficult to deal with. it used to be I would refuse to go to school on thursdays because that's when we had assemblies and i could NOT sit in the hall and the school was really unhelpful with that so they wouldn't let me skip assembly. now it's not so bad and I can go to more places without too much anxiety but i still can't go into unknown places without panicking. and it's worse if i'm on my own/with someone i don't know very well.
yeah but that one affected me a lot because it meant i would never do things outside of school with my friends and they thought i didn't like them (when actually I just was too embarrassed to explain about what i had) so i lost a lot of friends. yeh.

Sharon
23-07-2014, 10:02 AM
um i hate heights and stairs that aren't like stairs in a house, especially glass stairs that have gaps in between each step like i don't feel secure lol... pretty much the stairs in any public place then cos they're so long n **** no. any bug, insect, thing that can fly, crawl idk exist i HATE and literally cant be in the presence of any i have to move/kill it/get rid of it some how cos i just stop whatever im doing and focus on that one bug lol.

cant rly think of more... will add

buttons
23-07-2014, 10:20 AM
phobia of vomit/vomiting i know no one enjoys throwing up but yh i won't get into details coz its gross, i have panic attacks and yh. it's kinda dangerous. I can't help people who are being sick or anything. Once my friend said she felt sick and thought she was gonna throw up and wanted me to help her and i started crying
emetophobia it's called and i totally know how u feel, would refuse to go on school trips because there was always one person who would get sick on the bus and it gave me panic attacks. same with going to restaurants etc id always need to know where the toilets are in case i needed a quick exit. was worried id get sick in public too so would get really anxious but it never happened (not till i started drinking anyway lol). my mum was ill and id have to ring someone to come over cause the sound of her throwing up made me take a panic attack, never mind smelling it or being near her. anyway i had this problem maybe 4 years and it kinda just got rid of itself?? guess i got used to everyone being sick when we went out drinking and it just became no big deal! still unpleasant but doesn't rule my life or give me panic attacks anymore. sorry if that's triggering just letting u know it's fairly common and you can get over it.

anyway idk if there's a name for it but i hate sleeping alone. not particularly scared of the dark as will walk home in it and be fine if im with other people but being in the dark whilst trying to sleep terrifies me. i will keep the tv on but if im going to be home alone for the night, ill either ask to stay somewhere or just not sleep till it's light outside.

Sharon
23-07-2014, 11:14 AM
oh yeah since we moved into this house and something rly bad happened in the house i found it rly hard to sleep on my own in the night n would legit be begging the person i was seein to stay at mine whenever i knew he could cos i just didn't feel safe unless he was here lol... i just feel like something bad is going to happen all the time so i sleep with the light on at all times n always have my stuff in my bag ready in case somethin happens lol wat

dunno what im doin now thats OVER i guess i have to learn to deal with it n stop relying

kitten
23-07-2014, 12:38 PM
sounds so pathetic but i have molluscophobia (fear of slugs or snails - mainly just slugs though) i've never known why but every time i see a slug in my garden i start getting panic attacks and almost cry. the sight of them makes me feel sick - i think it's triggered from a childhood memory that i can't quite remember but i feel really ridiculous about it

Empired
23-07-2014, 01:11 PM
sounds so pathetic but i have molluscophobia (fear of slugs or snails - mainly just slugs though) i've never known why but every time i see a slug in my garden i start getting panic attacks and almost cry. the sight of them makes me feel sick - i think it's triggered from a childhood memory that i can't quite remember but i feel really ridiculous about it
oh omg I get this
whenever I'm walking to sixth form and it's been raining i have to watch the ground all the time to avoid slugs n snails on the path. i remember once I was just hopping out to get something from the garden and I had bare feet and i stood on a slug and it popped n i had a panic attack and threw up like twice n had to stay in bed for the rest of the day :'(
still makes me feel sick when i think about it today

sorry that's probably a bad story to tell for u but omg

Lewis
24-07-2014, 11:11 AM
oh i never replied to this thread

Yes i got arachnophobia which doesn't bother me at all in winter but it's so bad in summer :( it started to spread out to similar daddy long legses as well and now it's pretty much all bugs :'( I can't even kill them because the idea of having a squashed bug on my hand/wall/floor/etc is almost worse!

I'm also terrified of fish but i don't even know if that's a phobia lol?? i can't look at them or eat them or anything they just creep. me. out. the deep sea ones are the worst! it's the actual appearance of the fish that scares me because i don't have trouble with fish fingers, but anything with scales or fish eyes or even fish-shaped gets me so scared. doesn't affect me that much but it does mean i get worried about going to other ppls houses in case it's fish for dinner :(

the worst n final one is agoraphobia. it's not as bad as it used to be but it's still pretty damn difficult to deal with. it used to be I would refuse to go to school on thursdays because that's when we had assemblies and i could NOT sit in the hall and the school was really unhelpful with that so they wouldn't let me skip assembly. now it's not so bad and I can go to more places without too much anxiety but i still can't go into unknown places without panicking. and it's worse if i'm on my own/with someone i don't know very well.
yeah but that one affected me a lot because it meant i would never do things outside of school with my friends and they thought i didn't like them (when actually I just was too embarrassed to explain about what i had) so i lost a lot of friends. yeh.

cant be bothered typing, basically this without the fish problem lol (but not as specific when it comes to assemblies etc)

lRhyss
25-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Spiders!

I genuinely wont eat for a few days if I see one bigger than a 50p coin...

.:TaylorSwift:
25-07-2014, 10:30 PM
elevators and GIANT fish eyes

Andii
26-07-2014, 05:34 PM
im scared of creepy crawlies, spiders, puppets, those creepy dummys, those dolls that just sit there all creepy, clowns, and tiny spaces lol. but i love an adventure :D

wiktoria
01-08-2014, 10:13 PM
emetophobia it's called and i totally know how u feel, would refuse to go on school trips because there was always one person who would get sick on the bus and it gave me panic attacks. same with going to restaurants etc id always need to know where the toilets are in case i needed a quick exit. was worried id get sick in public too so would get really anxious but it never happened (not till i started drinking anyway lol). my mum was ill and id have to ring someone to come over cause the sound of her throwing up made me take a panic attack, never mind smelling it or being near her. anyway i had this problem maybe 4 years and it kinda just got rid of itself?? guess i got used to everyone being sick when we went out drinking and it just became no big deal! still unpleasant but doesn't rule my life or give me panic attacks anymore. sorry if that's triggering just letting u know it's fairly common and you can get over it.

anyway idk if there's a name for it but i hate sleeping alone. not particularly scared of the dark as will walk home in it and be fine if im with other people but being in the dark whilst trying to sleep terrifies me. i will keep the tv on but if im going to be home alone for the night, ill either ask to stay somewhere or just not sleep till it's light outside.

I hope my phobia goes away too. When I start going out I feel like I won't drink as much/get drunk because i'll be afraid of throwing up and if my friends need help I will feel soooo bad if I can't help them :(

I also hate sleeping alone :( I always need to sleep with the door open and curtain open so I get some sort of light in :(

Narnat,
02-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Social anxiety, I really struggle a lot with meeting new people and being in crowded places. My girlfriend over the past year and a half has been trying to help me with it so far I'm going into really dead bars and clubs and just slowly being introduced. It does stop me a lot because it stops us from going on nights out and things like that but we are slowly trying to conquer it!

hairpins
02-08-2014, 07:14 PM
newbaphobia - scared of non hc nubs ewwww

James
02-08-2014, 08:34 PM
newbaphobia - scared of non hc nubs ewwww
Spellophobia - ppl hew tlk lyk dis awl da tym

shiver
18-08-2014, 12:59 AM
i have a phobia of people who wear flip flops then whey aren't at the beach. ESPECIALLY on public transport.

i am deadly serious btw.

hairpins
19-08-2014, 10:01 PM
dunt reli think eye am scard of nefink tbh dunt reli lyk dutti pplz but nawt reli a fobia iz it lol????? dunt no maybi eye wil be scard of sumfing dunt no tho yet pmsl*

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!