PDA

View Full Version : Never lose faith in Habbo!

Samantha
27-06-2014, 10:39 PM
After seeing Daltron;'s thread a bit ago about him not receiving his competition I decided to try again for a competition where I wasn't listed, but I had won it. They then gave me the badge as a prize and it wasn't until years after I realised I should have received furniture too.

A bit ago now I opened a help request and I was told that the badge was no longer available (even though I wasn't on about a badge), so I tried again a while ago now (they were slow a bit I guess), to try again.

I won the competition in 2011 with Rottentroll; and -Plaztix; and only Rottentroll was listed as the winner when we all helped (the competition winners are here: http://www.habbo.com/articles/2621-boutique-boulevard-winners-announced)

Today I was in a maze and I randomly received a Light Wall, Pile of Clothes, Shoe Rack and Clothes Rack in my Inventory and I wondered what they were for. I noticed that the competition winners were announced for the World Cup Writer competition and I assumed I had got it from that even though a furniture prize alternative was never mentioned. I also believed I already had the badge given out with the competition! I asked around and it seemed that I was the only one who received furniture instead of the badge.

I have just received an email with a reply to the request I opened (I forgot I sent one), and it said 'the furniture should now be in your Inventory.' I just find it great how sometimes you actually get decent replies and helpers, especially with competitions that ended 3 years ago!

Storking; lawrawrrr;.

There's my answer.

FlyingJesus
27-06-2014, 10:45 PM
They're taking tips from Habbox Awards obv

Samantha
27-06-2014, 10:49 PM
They're taking tips from Habbox Awards obv

Just a little longer for this competition I guess ;).

e5
27-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Thats pretty awesome Sam! I presume the fact you're community AGM and own official rooms for habbox events at times had nothing to do with their decision to give you the furniture prize :P

Matt
28-06-2014, 01:00 AM
That's surprising. Normally I'd have expected a reply along the lines of 'Sorry we can't do that' and then it never be heard about again.

Daltron
28-06-2014, 01:48 AM
It's great they are actually doing something. I was more than shocked when they actually pulled through and gave me my prize, even if it took them almost a year and several help tickets till I got someone who understood the issue.

IWishIWasCool
28-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Difference between losing hope in a competition outcome compared to the whole product itself.

Storking
28-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Glad you got the prize you deserved!

Premplus480
28-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Sulake are killing habbo and turing it into a site where they just get maximum profit and minimum customer interaction, saying that the customer help is 10000x better than it used to be but the game has been run into the ground it has only 3,000 user at any one time with a target audience of into the hundreds of millions. Back in 2006 they would regularly get 5000 users at one time from the .co.uk site alone just shows some people have lost faith! rightly so! but well done for perseverance and it paid off!

Sian
29-06-2014, 06:38 PM
it is good to know that sometimes they are really helpful and go a bit beyond what they usually do. They aren't always bad, it's just too frequent an ocurrence.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!