PDA

View Full Version : Sims 4 is actually gonna be so bad...

MKR&*42
06-07-2014, 04:12 PM
In addtion to no pools and toddlers - scrolled down my tumblr and found a reblog off a simsblog that I follow with a list of features that won't appear in the sims 4 alongside the sources for them (although should be taken with a pinch of salt as some of the staff tweets actually say 'at this time' which cant rule them out entirely):

Here is the full post which also explains what has been happening with the The Sims 4 for so long: http://simsgonewrong.tumblr.com/post/90951049052/honeywellsims4news-the-sims-4-pools-toddlers

But here's the part about removed features, go to the full post to find the hyperlinked sources for each removed thing.

Features Removed or Not Included

No Create-A-Style or Color Wheel —No Create-A-Style Confirmed
No Cut Scenes —Confirmed: No Cut Scenes in The Sims 4
The Sims 4 World is FUBAR: Loading screens between every lot, public spaces can’t be edited in any way, 5 lot maximum per neighborhood and the largest lot size is 50x50. —The Sims 4 Neighborhood
Maximum Build Height: 3 Levels —Graham Nardone
Foundations: No split levels or ability to have different height foundations on a lot. Example: A house built on a foundation and a shed built without a foundation is not possible. —Graham Nardone
No Basements or Circular Stairs —Graham Nardone and Grant Rodiek
No Clothes Shopping —Mini SimGuru Q&A from Twitter
No Grocery Store —Sarah Holding
No Tragic Clown or Social Bunny —Sarah Holding
No Work or School Rabbit Holes. —Sarah Holding (one and two) Personal Note: Isn’t that a feature? Moving on…
No Private School —Graham Nardone
No Woohoo Skill —Meet The Sims 4!
No Toddlers and Pools —Neighborhoods, Weird Moments and More!
No Swimming at all or bathing suits. —Sarah Holding and Graham Nardone
Only 2 Heights: Children and everyone else. Teens, young adults, adults and elders are all the same height —Graham Nardone and Grant Rodiek (Reason: Difficult/Costs too much)
No Story Progression —Sarah Holding and Graham Nardone
-------------------

Suspected but not confirmed (Sim Gurus will not answer the many Simmers who have asked.)

No Terrain or Water Tools (flat lots only/ponds are objects)
Can’t place ANY lots; can only change pre-placed lot types (i.e. commercial to residential)
No Ownable Cars (or taxis and school buses): There’s no garages or driveways in the build mode video and in response to a question about transportation: “It doesn’t really make sense to ride one [tram or steamboat] with the way our neighborhoods are set up.” —Trevor Lindsey (Walking to the edge of the lot and teleporting is the only type of “transportation” mentioned so far.)
No Ghosts and Aliens: No clue.

The game will actually be terrible without a lot of those features and I would imagine swimming is probably not available as there's no pools haha. But what can you expect from the company who brought us simcity 2013.
--
oK wow i jus only read the line about 2 heights wtf this is practically The Sims (Sims 1) again

dbgtz
06-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Don't worry, you can buy this all in future expansion packs and set yourself back another £150.

Chris
06-07-2014, 05:16 PM
If thats the case then I'm not buying it.

Martin
06-07-2014, 05:23 PM
omg that's awful... It's almost like they're going back in time rather than improving it :O

I guess my hopes for integrated open for business style tools won't come true :'(

Will stick to sims 2 haha ;)

Lewis
06-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Sounds absolutely awful.

GommeInc
06-07-2014, 09:26 PM
No-one should pre-order any of the Sims franchise games. The Sims 3 and SimCity are recent examples of games which have been massive let downs for the series. The best thing to do would be to wait for the game to be released, see any real, independent reviews and go from there rather than base it on media hype from EA and idiot fans stupid enough to buy something just for the name rather than for quality, quantity and price.

Personally I would rather see the Sims franchise taken away from EA. It would be difficult for another company to mess up the series any more than EA (and Maxis in the later years) has done so far.

dbgtz
06-07-2014, 10:16 PM
No-one should pre-order any of the Sims franchise games. The Sims 3 and SimCity are recent examples of games which have been massive let downs for the series. The best thing to do would be to wait for the game to be released, see any real, independent reviews and go from there rather than base it on media hype from EA and idiot fans stupid enough to buy something just for the name rather than for quality, quantity and price.

Personally I would rather see the Sims franchise taken away from EA. It would be difficult for another company to mess up the series any more than EA (and Maxis in the later years) has done so far.

Or any EA franchise for that matter... Saying that I might make a little exception for Mirror's Edge if there's decent gameplay footage beforehand and no announcement of a ridiculously priced season pass.

As far as Sim City is concerned, there's a potential competitor in the works called CityBound. Development is slow as I believe it's an indie game but it's looking promising.

Rachel
07-07-2014, 03:56 AM
I won't bother buying something when they don't bother improving.

James
07-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Sounds crap. I'll stick to sims 2

FlyingJesus
07-07-2014, 09:15 PM
No customised colouring of stuff is stupid I spend half my build time matching things and making my own colour schemes ugh everything will be ugly without it

Rainbow
05-08-2014, 10:15 AM
wth no pools, schools, toddlers. i'm sticking to sims 3 waste of money anyway who would pay 60 pound for sims 4 if they remove all the good stuff and don't barely improve on it.

GommeInc
05-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Apparently babies stay in cribs - they cannot be carried around or left on the floor, cars cannot be privately owned yet, foundations apply to all buildings (so if you have a garden shed it too has to be on a foundation, not just the house), 64x64 lots no longer exist and the terrain tool no longer exists so you're left with flat lots or lots you can't change.

Not sure what they're trying to sell. It looks awful. This seems to be the most basic Sims base game ever. The Sims 3 had more features on release...

Adam
06-08-2014, 02:23 PM
If thats the case then I'm not buying it.
but yeah you will

Chris
06-08-2014, 02:35 PM
but yeah you will

Maybe when theres a price deal, but certainly not on release. It doesn't seem to have the same appeal this time.

dbgtz
06-08-2014, 03:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6TXovTAZtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH-1uNLTGRk
lol

GommeInc
06-08-2014, 08:01 PM
That is spectacularly crap! :P

Jssy
06-08-2014, 08:04 PM
sounds crap, was going to get it but might wait now

peteyt
07-08-2014, 12:07 PM
The problem with the sims is EA milks it dry. The sad thing is they know many people will buy all the expansion packs so it looks like they've made a very basic sims in the hope they can make loads of money.

I do hope it backfires. I'm all for expansion packs, but when they take out key things from the previous games as a way to hopefully force people to re-buy them it really makes them look bad

BlueEyedSarah
07-08-2014, 12:36 PM
All the Sims are bad in my opinion, its like a facebook game, it has no purpose and no end.

MKR&*42
07-08-2014, 12:40 PM
I actually like the fact EA want to expand on the emotions that Sims experience and i totally get how they feel that it would make the game seem a lot closer to real life, but they've really gone way too far with it and have left everything else behind. I almost feel as if they're just using emotions as a cop out - "dw about pools or toddlers or hundreds of other good features your sims can now be a bit angrier."

Chris
07-08-2014, 01:24 PM
I was given access to the sims 4 create a sim demo today. Downloaded it but not had chance to give it a try yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Phil
07-08-2014, 02:46 PM
I was given access to the sims 4 create a sim demo today. Downloaded it but not had chance to give it a try yet.

How?!

Chris
07-08-2014, 03:30 PM
How?!
I registered for the early access a week or so ago on the sims website. Registration has closed now though :l I believe the demo will be available for all next week

GommeInc
07-08-2014, 09:17 PM
I actually like the fact EA want to expand on the emotions that Sims experience and i totally get how they feel that it would make the game seem a lot closer to real life, but they've really gone way too far with it and have left everything else behind. I almost feel as if they're just using emotions as a cop out - "dw about pools or toddlers or hundreds of other good features your sims can now be a bit angrier."
I've never understood the logic behind their reasoning. "We want to make Sims more emotional and have better interactions." Removing ages and features only reduces the number of interactions and emotions a Sim can feel. I really hope this flops because EA deserve it. It was bad enough with The Sims 3.

Food-FattyLaura
07-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Sims 4 has loads of bad points like the toddler and pool thing tbh it's just a sims 2 remake

GommeInc
08-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Sims 4 has loads of bad points like the toddler and pool thing tbh it's just a sims 2 remake
Not even that. The Sims 2 actually had pools and toddlers from the start. The Sims 4 by comparison is more basic than The Sims (original).

enzuken123
09-08-2014, 04:28 AM
2rent

Edited by Calum0812 (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly, thanks

Chris
31-08-2014, 07:14 PM
If anyone is wanting to pre-order Sims 4 then I suggest you get it from cdkeys.com as they are selling it for £25. I believe the deal ends really soon so get it before it reverts back to the over priced price. :P

dbgtz
31-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Or don't pre-order because that's a terrible idea

Prosiary
31-08-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm not pre ordering it, I want to see gameplay before, just like I want to with fifa 15... if it's **** there's no way im buying it

Kardan
31-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Anyone that pre-orders is crazy.

Paige.
01-09-2014, 10:06 AM
oh my god... reading through this whole thread has made me kinda upset? i'm annoyed and sad but not even surprised that ea would do this because it's a money making scheme at the end of the day, of course they'd make it so basic that people have to spend even more money just to have simple things like proper aging and pools lol... wow

i asked for this for my birthday like a month ago and i think someone has already preordered it for me... :'(

TheDoctor.
04-09-2014, 01:19 AM
I played 25 minutes of the sims 4 and lets just say I'm glad I didnt pay for it. It is TERRIBLE. the new building designing is really confusing the whole layout has changed its so horrible D:

Charz777
04-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Such a let down, I've always loved The Sims, but I don't think I'll bother with this. Maybe I'm just getting old :P

The way the baby grows into a child is going back to how it was in The Sims (the first generation).

One question I do have though; how do you know if the baby needs feeding, changing etc... In The Sims it used to have those orange sound/cry thingies around the crib, how is it showing now?

Chris
04-09-2014, 11:16 AM
I know I said I would buy it due to the things that have been removed, but I got it for a price that I wasn't going to cry over if it was rubbish. :P Anyway, I've been playing it since Tuesday and so far have found it really enjoyable. The create a sim and build modes are brilliant and the new build mode tools allow you to do so much more than in previous games. The only major thing missing from build mode is the ability to manipulate the ground, but I'm not really fussed about that. :P

Good experience so far. :)

Ekelektra
04-09-2014, 01:31 PM
I got it today and yeah it's good, I wouldn't say better than TS3 but not worse, I'm actually finding it more challenging jobs are harder and building relationships takes soo long now. Haven't tried looking around the world so not sure what the loading screens are like though and they were the thing I was least looking forward to. Haven't tried building either but it looks really great and CAS is so good there's a lot of variety with clothes and accessories.

Hannah
04-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Looks like a lot of people are just going to stick to the Sims 3 with how this is going.
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Stephen
04-09-2014, 10:59 PM
haven't played it but watched some people on twitch play it
think ill stick with sims 3 tbh

loading screens just crossing the road to one of the 3 or 4 neighbour's houses
i love ts3 open world

although I like how you can interact with people without having to cancel what you're doing

Richie
05-09-2014, 12:30 PM
I was watching a few streams, it actually looks decent. I'm not going to pay €70 for it though :P

Jurv
05-09-2014, 01:33 PM
so jealous of those that have it already :(

have to wait until i get the money, i'm realllllly looking forward to it though

Jssy
05-09-2014, 02:24 PM
as far as I'm awawe its £25 on cd keys, I've used cdkeys before for xbox live so they are genuine

Chris
05-09-2014, 02:42 PM
as far as I'm awawe its £25 on cd keys, I've used cdkeys before for xbox live so they are genuine

Yep the offer is still running, although I don't know when it's going to end. They sent my key on Tuesday so I've been playing for a while now. >=]

kfc
05-09-2014, 03:13 PM
I can't decide if I want it or not ugh so conflicted

Futz
05-09-2014, 03:19 PM

can you link me please xxx

Jssy
05-09-2014, 03:49 PM
can you link me please xxx

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-sims-4-limited-edition-pc-cd-key-origin

They are fab, I think they emailed my xbox code to me, but I got over a year for about £15. Wispur; has used them too

Futz
05-09-2014, 04:42 PM

They are fab, I think they emailed my xbox code to me, but I got over a year for about £15. @Wispur (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=55895); has used them too

thanks jssy

Prosiary
05-09-2014, 07:18 PM

They are fab, I think they emailed my xbox code to me, but I got over a year for about £15. Wispur; has used them too

YOU GOT OVER A YEAR FOR £15 WOW
I pay £15 for 3 months of xbox live wow

Jssy
05-09-2014, 08:12 PM
YOU GOT OVER A YEAR FOR £15 WOW
I pay £15 for 3 months of xbox live wow

Yeah I had this issue and had it on the auto renewal till I bought my 14 month code for £15 from cdkeys

Ahnime
20-09-2014, 05:02 AM
Sims 3 still looks better than Sims 4. I will probably never consider Sims 4 unless they improve it.

:odey:
20-09-2014, 11:54 AM
I don't get why everyone is moaning so much about Sims 4

People are comparing Sims 3 with EVERY expansion, to Sims 4 with no expansion, thats why people think it sucks.

I personally think it's sick.

AgnesIO
20-09-2014, 12:14 PM

People are comparing Sims 3 with EVERY expansion, to Sims 4 with no expansion, thats why people think it sucks.

If it is sick it must be bad :S

GommeInc
23-09-2014, 09:49 PM

The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 base games both had more features than The Sims 4. The Sims 4 is pretty bland in comparison. So comparing it with expansions or no expansions makes no difference as it's a very featureless game in general.

Samantha
23-09-2014, 09:58 PM
I got Sims 4 on the day it came out, and I believed it would be stupidly bad that I wouldn't play on it again. However, I've discovered that it isn't the worst game I've played and although some of the features don't replace what was on Sims 3 there are some new ones that are really odd yet interesting.

I miss the open world the most and the ability to just randomly go to someone's house and switch between my family easily if I'm somewhere else. I don't min the loading screens, but I still wish it was open. I also miss create a style too, that would have made the create a Sim 100% better as it was used so much in Sims 3. I also found out, from my Sim starting a fire in the house that you can no longer have police, firemen or mechanics - they don't exist, with this means there are no burglars, hence no burglar alarms. I found this out trying to search for it and having no fireman come to my house when the alarm sounded.

Some of the features I like though are the advanced emotions, they're actually interesting especially when there are tips and trips on improving moods and such. I like the ability to take a pregnancy test, and plan the couple's wedding at a cost, ageing up a baby early if you wish too (plus the added interaction there).

One thing though, I thought the story didn't progress if you weren't on that household - I then found that this isn't the case and my neighbourhood's been dying all over the place when I have the normal life expectancy on. Even Mortimer Goth died Intersocial; :'(.

I do really like the game though, apart from some stuff :P.

.:TaylorSwift:
25-09-2014, 02:03 AM
I think the basic game isn't all what my expectations were and they were as high as the trailer and how they made the game seem. I literally think I rather just go buy a Sims 3 game instead since the Sims 3 basic game has more things to do and makes earning money easier.

09-10-2014, 02:07 PM
After everyone complaining, they've decided to add pools back in to the game in November :P
And they've also added ghosts back in too, some more old features.

• In November, get your Sim-suits ready (too much pun? Sorry!) because pools will make their triumphant debut in The Sims 4.

• December is Put-Your-Sims-To-Work Month, as we introduce new Career paths and rewards.

Chris
09-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Good to see that they're listening to the fans. The addition of ghosts is good too. :D

GommeInc
09-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Too little too late in my opinion. It's still not worth that price mark for a game that should have been developed to improve on The Sims 2 (The Sims 3 is a write off).

MKR&*42
09-10-2014, 05:36 PM
EA's motto:

EA: Axing "unnecessary" features then readding them regardless.
--
It's good they're adding them back though, I didn't even know you couldn't get ghosts atm wtf (must have skipped over it in the list)

09-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Atleast its free. Is all I can say.

If they'd included it in an expansion pack, I probs would have raged, giving us old stuff for a price, but, its free. Free is always good.

AgnesIO
10-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Am I the only one that is disappointed by how much emphasis they have put on Create-A-Sim versus everything else?

Genuinely the most mundane part of the game anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!