PDA

View Full Version : [HxSS] Summertime Excursion - Ends 20th August

Smurfed-
01-08-2014, 09:26 PM
http://Habbox.com/text/glass/Summertime+Excursion

As many of you know, I have a part time job in a care home. Unfortunately, I'm only a kitchen assistant, but better then nothing eh? Recently our activities coordinator resigned resulting in the residents having no trips out the home. This can be a problem, especially in the Summer as it means they do not have an opportunity to leave the home.

For this competition, describe the perfect summer day out that the elderly residents at work can go out on. It can be as crazy or as calm as you like.

May the best idea win!

Prize:
1st Place = 100 points
2nd Place = 75 points
3rd Place = 50 points

nvrspk4
15-08-2014, 04:13 AM
Send them out to spend a day with the dolphins! Animal therapy is supposed to be great for elderly patients, they often send therapy dogs out to the elderly homes out here. One of the shallow pools mind you where they can stand or even sit, for the wheelchair bound, and the dolphins come up and play.

e5
15-08-2014, 06:56 AM
How about a tea at bettys and then they can be picked up by a coach and taken out crocodile hunting. Each equipped with bonoculars and a camera, they can snap snap snap all day long

Matt
17-08-2014, 07:01 AM
A leisurely cruise down to a nice pretty garden where they can have afternoon tea.

Red
17-08-2014, 11:03 AM
http://www.kombimedia.co.uk/uploads/nuttytarts_20120524145525_5961.JPG
I would take them to a beachfront where they can get a wee ice cream, followed by a vintage tea party dance. They will step back in time to nostalgic sights and sounds of the 1940s. There will be afternoon tea, some bingo/raffles, a wartime singer for singalongs & where those who want can have a lil boogie. FUN

FlyingJesus
17-08-2014, 12:07 PM
A day of breaking rocks in a chain gang in order to weed out the weak and provide physical exercise for those still able, as well as providing a service. Lovely.

sex
17-08-2014, 06:06 PM
A day out with their families doing fun stuff!! How much nicer could you get

Jurv
17-08-2014, 10:37 PM
each week there could be an event allowing each elderly person to re-enact a moment of their past life. whether it be their marriage, a birthday party, time spent with family or even just meeting a special someone in their life. you could hire actors and lots of nostalgic objects and items to create authenticity. you could get inspiration for the re-enactments from stories they tell or old photographs!

zebbadi
18-08-2014, 09:59 AM
I would take them for tea and cream cakes by the seaside then off to the pedalos!

4elijahu4
18-08-2014, 09:11 PM
GOLF! GOLF! GOLF! on a golf cart of course!

!:random!:!
18-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Go to Scarborough for the day (north bay) and visit the castle!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!