PDA

View Full Version : MSN

Barkseh
03-08-2014, 07:46 PM
I didn't really know where to post this.

I used to use MSN every day! I stopped using the computer so much, years ago and never ever thought of it again. I went to log into it today and its no longer in use?

Is there a way of me being able to get in touch with people I used to talk on it? I looked in my email contacts but they aren't there.

Jssy
03-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Nope, I believe microsoft bought skype and thats now the platform instead of msn. I feel nostalgic thinking of the msn days haha

- - - Updated - - -

read this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20222998

Gina
03-08-2014, 07:49 PM
i thinkkk you can link your microsoft acc with skype so you still habd them

i think anyway

- - - Updated - - -

am prob wrong but you can google and checl prpb

MKR&*42
03-08-2014, 08:02 PM
link msn with skype and it should work like gina said

i believe there was something you could download to get back onto msn but this was a while ago i last tried it tbh.

Jurv
03-08-2014, 08:04 PM
i actually miss msn and i'm not even joking

it's so much easier than skype. but yeah what those guys said^

Chris
03-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Yeah if you link your account you'll get all your contacts in skype.

I dont miss MSN at all. Skype is much better.

Gina
03-08-2014, 08:08 PM
i miss the nudge button and the drawing msgs thing but tthts it rly

MKR&*42
03-08-2014, 08:10 PM
msn was far easier to use for me i much preferred it, wasnt as grt for group convos and skype easily beats video chat and mic but i dont rly use those things ffs cries over msn

Barkseh
03-08-2014, 08:19 PM
The account I used to use for MSN was a gmail account. I can't even remember how I linked that with MSN but I know I did ha. I still have access to my inbox for that account, is there a way I can link that with Skype and get all my old contacts back?

MKR&*42
03-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Dont think skype allows you to import from gmail anymore because microsoft are stubborn ****. The ONLY thing that I can think of working is this;

That is also not possible.

But you can export your Gmail contacts to your Microsoft Account (make one) then signin to Skype with your Microsoft details. You have to merge your Microsoft account with your Skype account.

You can use People Website (https://people.live.com/?rru=contacts) to import Gmail contacts.

never done tht b4 though

FlyingJesus
03-08-2014, 09:31 PM
If there are certain people you want on it then you can do it sort of manually by keeping the WLM program (or downloading it from one of those retro program sites) and then right click > properties and set it to work in compatibility mode for Windows 98 and it'll be like whoa I can't upgrade to skype on this and will let you still sign in with WLM which is fun but does mean that no emotes or anything will work for anyone else, you can copy/paste email addresses from that though

ONE DAY SKYPE WILL ALLOW US TO HAVE CUSTOM EMOTES AND THE FLOOOOPING HANDWRITING TOOL 4god

Jssy
03-08-2014, 11:44 PM
i miss nudge the most, i downloaded an add on and nudged the **** out of people

james,
10-08-2014, 02:48 AM
MSN is no longer there, it merged into skype lol

Lucass
10-08-2014, 02:27 PM
My gosh this is the old. I haven't used msn since what grade 6 and I am 22 now lol

I am not sure if there is a way to get your old contact members so I couldn't answer you that!

shiver
18-08-2014, 01:10 AM
If there are certain people you want on it then you can do it sort of manually by keeping the WLM program (or downloading it from one of those retro program sites) and then right click > properties and set it to work in compatibility mode for Windows 98 and it'll be like whoa I can't upgrade to skype on this and will let you still sign in with WLM which is fun but does mean that no emotes or anything will work for anyone else, you can copy/paste email addresses from that though

ONE DAY SKYPE WILL ALLOW US TO HAVE CUSTOM EMOTES AND THE FLOOOOPING HANDWRITING TOOL 4god
the best thing about MSN was the sound clips.
*+*JuStIn'S mUm*+* OH WHERE DID I GO WROOOOOONG

FlyingJesus
18-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Gawwwwwwwwwwn where's your daddy gone

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!