PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst illness you've ever had?

Sharon
07-08-2014, 02:33 PM
I've never actually been REALLY ill, most is like a cold lol... maybe chicken pox?

TOUCH WOOD

lemons
07-08-2014, 02:35 PM
use to get ear aches a lot when i was younger

geo
07-08-2014, 02:41 PM
ummm worst thing was when i got a lot of illnesses/problems at once so:

chest infection, pulled back muscle, bad hayfever and a cough

it just meant when i sneezed / coughed, it'd hurt my back, and my chest was in constant pain

had to get taken to hospital because my mum made me have a laughing fit and i ended up crying because my body hurt too much lmao

Bloop
07-08-2014, 02:42 PM
lung infection

Evanora
07-08-2014, 02:53 PM
i had really mild skin cancer x

Martin
07-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Had a really bad case of HSP (Henock-Shonlein-Purpura) when I was 6/7. All my joints swelled up so had to go in a wheelchair for a while, was covered in rashes for ages and there was something wrong with my kidneys. Was in and out of hospital for quite a while and missed a lot of school. I still have this memory of waking up in hospital to watch the teletubbies haha! At one point it was really serious kidney wise.

Since then I've suffered with really bad migraines every 3 months, in which I can barely walk, can't see or hear for the first day, constantly vomiting and it takes a good 4-5 days for me to get my balance back properly and for the pain in my head to go away.

Also had spells of IBS (yummy!), regular nosebleeds, asthma when I was younger.

Had chicken pox quite bad and missed my dads wedding too.

Think that's it luckily xD

Absently
07-08-2014, 03:25 PM
err probably my re-occurring one that pretty much sucks or tonsillitis

Drewar
07-08-2014, 03:30 PM
I had food poisoning once and it was absolutely awful. I was sick every 15 minutes for two days straight. I couldn't keep any food down. Spent so much time dry heaving. I was dehydrated from all of the vomiting which caused my leg muscles to spasm.

Closely behind that would be the time I had pneumonia. All I got last year for Valentine's day was pneumonia. LOL

dbgtz
07-08-2014, 04:16 PM
I had a horrible infection after an operation. I was stuck on antibiotics for weeks.

Empired
07-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Can't choose: having to have a knee operation a few years ago and having to go round in a wheelchair for ages after. I was embarrassed cos I was just starting secondary school and I had to turn up in a wheelchair! Or all this wrist trouble I've had recently. It's been terrible for 11 - 12 months now (after a fracture) and it just hasn't been fixed. GP, physio at hospital, osteopath, etc all don't know what's wrong with it.

Those two aren't really "illnesses" though. Worst illness was probably flu I had two years ago. It knocked me out for somewhere between two and three weeks. I barely remember anything except sitting in my mum's armchair once listening to the Archers. Wasn't able to read, watch TV, go on the internet or anything. After 10 days or so, my mum called a doctor round to the house because she was worried and he came every day until I showed signs of improving. I didn't like him because sometimes he made me get up and move around :(

lawrawrrr
07-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Erm when I was 11 I had gastroenteritis which was fairly horrible, couldn't eat or drink anything and was taken to hospital and put on a drip cos of it... so much vomit...

Last year I had a really bad case of the mumps (despite having my vaccine & booster), where I was again in hospital because I developed pancreatitis and oophoritis (inflammation of the pancreas and ovaries btw) as a result of it - I couldn't eat anything that was carbohydrate or sugary 'cos it hurt so much and I was so swollen up everywhere

but I think the worst one is the illness i have which is never gonna go away, no cure or anything, it's not really dehabilitating but it can get in the way of a lot eugh

Rachel
07-08-2014, 04:56 PM
My asthma. I had huge asthma attacks when I was young :/ now I am fine but to me it was the worst thing I had.

Inseriousity.
07-08-2014, 05:00 PM
nothing really major. i did have toothache so bad once that my hands were shaking with the pain but if that's the worst then im counting my lucky stars. touch wood.

Jurv
07-08-2014, 06:18 PM
i've never really had any bad illnesses probs chicken pox or somethin when i was younger

xxMATTGxx
07-08-2014, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't say it's serious but there was a time where I was off school or college for two weeks because I kept being sick and could not stand up without feeling dizzy. But haven't really had anything major.

Evanora
07-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Why do people lie about not having AIDS! Jurv;

IzzyUhh
07-08-2014, 07:07 PM
When I was little (probs around 3) I had gastroenteritis and apparently was on a drip and according to my mum affected my immune system a lot?? idk how but apparently thats how I get colds and flu so much.

Then I get colds and flu quite often actually and I get chicken pox when I was like 8 and had them in my eyes and nose which isn't very pleasant

karter
07-08-2014, 07:46 PM
dengue perhaps

- - - Updated - - -

although it wasn't so bad my platelet count was only a few hundred below normal but dengue can be quite dangerous so yea....tough

Jurv
07-08-2014, 09:05 PM
why do people lie about being female! Evanora;

Evanora
07-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Not sure Jurv; it's repulsive!

On topic I had malaria when is as 2 months old

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure Jurv; it's repulsive!

On topic I had malaria when is as 2 months old

Jurv
07-08-2014, 09:28 PM
you are literally the scum of the earth

Edited by Calum0812 (Forum Super Moderator): Please stay on topic, thanks!

Hannah
08-08-2014, 07:49 AM
What the hospital could only describe as 'stomach migraines' - I suffered with them pretty often which used to leave me in crippling pain.

Matt
08-08-2014, 08:26 AM
Apart from being born 3 months early, I've never had anything severely wrong with me!

-Amyy
08-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Definitely gastroenteritis. Had it twice and it's awful

auffant1
08-08-2014, 01:25 PM
I had a throat infection which really sucked. Also I torn my hip flexor which was so painful. It hurt to do anything past a walk for a while and I had to go to PT for it.

Jssy
08-08-2014, 02:35 PM
erm bronchitis, pneumonia and i had chicken pox when i was 15 was ******* terrible.

worst accidents i had was dislocating my knee on dance central on xbox and getting taken out of my nana and grandads house on a stretcher, also falling down the stairs in a pair of heels on christmas day and tearing my ligaments ended up in an ambulance because my foot looked like a golf ball and had to spend christmas dinner in hospital nice

ive also had gastroenteritis a few times for long periods and it sucks because they wanted me to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy but i didnt i just take stomach acid reducers when it flares up because im scared of having cameras put down/up me

Circadia
08-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Gastroenteritis, impetigo and Jaundice for ones which came and left but those were all when I was young and don't remember having
I have Anemia and have done since I was 7 which was found out when I fainted whilst stood up on a wall and broke my arm, if I don't take my iron supplements it makes me dizzy and weak but even when I am taking them If I don't eat at all during the day and do some form of movement I'll end up with a severe migraine and throwing up

Samantha
08-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Probably gastroenteritis, had it when I was rather young and there's nothing to take if you're under 16. Had to go to an emergency doctor even when I was doubled up in pain unable to move due to it.

Recently, I had flu for around 2 weeks, and I *believe* it must be the first time I've had it properly/that bad. I felt so ill because of it, shouldn't have really gone to work (had the option to go home if it got too bad in some cases). Only one time I took tablets it worked, the others didn't. Couldn't drink enough etc.

Another time was probably being at high school, I was poorly and missed a week off school; went back for a week then got poorly again and had another week off. The same thing happened the 2 weeks following that and I felt really bad because of it.

That's pretty much it, my chickenpox wasn't too bad I guess.

james,
11-08-2014, 01:58 AM
Food Poisoning would have to be my worst one to be honest.

Zak
11-08-2014, 06:15 AM
Glandular fever and a staph infection that caused impetigo

Matthew
11-08-2014, 02:38 PM
Regular tonsillitis

one of which developed into quinsy which was not fun at all :(

Rainbow
12-08-2014, 12:18 PM
tonsillitis my neck went all big n swollen for days was awful ugh

CrazyLemurs
13-08-2014, 12:49 AM
wtf you all get so ill I feel terrible now
Worst I've had is um chicken pox at age like 5.
People I know (or knew, maybe) have had aggressive cancer, which is fun to watch and be a part of fo sho

.:TaylorSwift:
13-08-2014, 03:03 AM
I had when I was 8 . I kept coughing and sneezing for 5/6 months.. I didn't go to the doctor until my teacher suggest it. I also hurt my ankle for 1 to 1 half years. It didn't get check up until my grandma took me. Now I'm just living with Eczema on my hands and a spot on my cheek and arm. Hasn't improved much.... but something I will live for life :l

Uneffective
13-08-2014, 09:18 AM
I broke my collarbone twice within' two months last summer, but I'm not sure if that counts towards illnesses so I'd have to go with strep throat or ear infections/earaches.

RandomManJay
13-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Pulmonary Embolus. Not nice.

Narnat,
13-08-2014, 09:16 PM
I just recently caught ringworm from one of the pets at my work and I had ringworm fever for a few days absolutely horrible still putting cream on the ringworm in hopes that it will go away for my holiday!

Richie
13-08-2014, 09:49 PM
Swine Flu I think, lasted over a week I think, legit couldn't get out of bed even for habbo.

hairpins
19-08-2014, 11:12 PM
neva bean dat ill tbh maybii pox or wonse has a coleslaw eyem luckii eye no

Honor-Branch
20-08-2014, 09:24 PM
adenitis

2bonic
21-08-2014, 01:37 AM
the most horrid one has to be when i had an infection and a virus. i thought i had a disease. all happened because i swallowed my own flem. don't do that at home kids! but seriously don't do it unless you what to get seriously ill.

OldLoveSong
21-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Prob like just strep throat. I had alot of illnesses but nothing mahor

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!