PDA

View Full Version : Check Yourself!

Clumping
14-08-2014, 03:51 PM
I just got back the hospital for checkup on a lump I'd found in my boob, and it has frankly been a really scary few weeks waiting for that appointment to find out what it was.

Thankfully, it's benign (Fibroadenoma) and I am the most relieved I've been in a long time. However this lump is going to stay there for possibly the next 10 years, which will continue to play on my mind! :(

Basically, I left the hospital happy but also sad at the people who go in for the same thing, but are perhaps not so lucky, which weighs on my mind. I donate to cancer charities, but I also like to remind people to CHECK THEMSELVES. It's awful having something on your mind and doing what I did, which was not to even tell anyone, until I had to tell my mum today.

It's not a nice thing, as I'm sure people know if they've lost family/friends from this.

So check your bits :-)
And tell everyone else to!

Drew
14-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Clumping; Glad everything's okay! One of my close friends had a fibroadenoma too but she got it removed. Can't you do the same?

Clumping
14-08-2014, 04:46 PM
@Clumping (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=81794); Glad everything's okay! One of my close friends had a fibroadenoma too but she got it removed. Can't you do the same?

Thank you :). It isn't something they offered no, but I imagine if there were changes to it or more to come up, they might.

geo
14-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Glad you're ok! odd i was literally talking to my mum about this, saying that maybe if there was more awareness to check yourself regularly, then things could be found before they progress too much

Rachel
14-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I am glad you're okay though xox. Just keep checking daily/weekly just in case.

Drew
14-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Thank you :). It isn't something they offered no, but I imagine if there were changes to it or more to come up, they might.
Ah better keep a close eye on it then! I think they wanted to remove it to double check that it's definitely benign, and to prevent it from developing into something malignant. I imagine the doctor knows what they're doing though, so no worries :D

!:random!:!
14-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Glad your ok i think you have given good advice here! Again really glad your ok :) x

Jazz
14-08-2014, 05:48 PM

I had an operation about 4 months ago and they removed mine, they didn't really give me a choice other than an op. I had something else in mine though, so it could of been to do with that instead. My results were also delayed by an extra 3 weeks which killed me.

Glad you're ok! If it was a risky lump, they would have got rid but I would understand it playing on your mind a bit, human nature!

Clumping
14-08-2014, 06:26 PM
I had an operation about 4 months ago and they removed mine, they didn't really give me a choice other than an op. I had something else in mine though, so it could of been to do with that instead. My results were also delayed by an extra 3 weeks which killed me.

Glad you're ok! If it was a risky lump, they would have got rid but I would understand it playing on your mind a bit, human nature!

Oh really :O was it more than one of them or something completely different? They didn't even mention operating whatsoever for me ngl so I guess it depends for each person? Is everything pretty much all clear with you now? It's just knowing it's gonna be sat there, it's pretty much visible there as well lol.

Sian
14-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Very sensible words, and also very relieved you're ok! I tend to check myself in the shower. Can never over check.

lemons
14-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Wise words nice to know you're okay!

Hannah
14-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Great news that you got the all clear!
I have a special glove thing that apparently increases your sensitivity for lumps, 'cause it's cropped up a few times in my family and my chances were increased when I was on depo-provera.

Luckily I haven't had anything as of yet, but I always check just to be sure.

Clumping
14-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Great news that you got the all clear!
I have a special glove thing that apparently increases your sensitivity for lumps, 'cause it's cropped up a few times in my family and my chances were increased when I was on depo-provera.

Luckily I haven't had anything as of yet, but I always check just to be sure.

Oh no :( well no such thing as checking too much :-)

Chris
14-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Sounds like a very scary experience but at the same time something you have learnt from. Glad you're OK :)

Draqom
14-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Glad it turned out okay for you
But your words are so wise, i check regularly and everyone should too

Jssy
15-08-2014, 12:01 AM
There is a charity that you text once and every month they send you a reminder to check yourself. I use it :)

Jurv
15-08-2014, 12:05 AM
oh god i can't imagine what you were going through. good to know you're okay though xxxx

e5
15-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Glad everything is okay. I can imagine it is a massive weight off your shoulders once you find out the truth and also let it out to someone you trust.

Matt
15-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Glad to hear you're ok Rhi. It's good you actually went and got it checked out and didn't just put it to the back of your mind!

IzzyUhh
15-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Glad you're okay!! My mum is one of those people who tells everyone to check bcos shes very cautious if thats the right word

Clumping
15-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Thanks everyone :-) xxxx

hairpins
19-08-2014, 11:07 PM
glad yur ok hunneh :]

chek yurselfs pplz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!