PDA

View Full Version : fansite skipping?

Bloop
18-08-2014, 06:38 AM
just went on habhome and i have a habit of checking out who is staff at fansites i visit

anyw, i saw foregetfuhl being an events manager and im kinda confused, wasnt she an ex-agm of habbox? :S furthemore, just before habhome, i rmb she was em of thishabbo or some other fansite um

also the radio manager was someone i just recently knew was previously from habbox, and joined habboquests but its radio shut down so um i guessed he joined habhome as a rm

idk it just seems wrong cuz i feel over protective of habbox/habbpquests cuz theyre rlly gr8 fansite lol

what do you think abt fansite skipping? (and can someone explain the foregetfuhl thing)

Red
18-08-2014, 06:50 AM
I perfer to just stay at one fansite. Appaz she joined back to habboxlive not long ago as well just to spy which is pathetic lmao

Hannah
18-08-2014, 06:54 AM
I don't remember forgetfuhl being an AGM... my bad o.o

However, if someone wants to hop then let them - they clearly aren't the team you want to have anyway.
Either way, people move on - that's how it is. It's when they start being malicious with fansite information/permissions that it becomes a bother.

GoldenMerc
18-08-2014, 06:58 AM
forgetful is a big lass, i heard xxMATTGxx; had feelings for her so its all allowed ;l

xxMATTGxx
18-08-2014, 07:05 AM
forgetful is a big lass, i heard xxMATTGxx; had feelings for her so its all allowed ;l

Considering you was the one who was going to meet up with her and I had no plans to.

GoldenMerc
18-08-2014, 07:07 AM
Considering you was the one who was going to meet up with her and I had no plans to.

you saw her boobs ;l

lawrawrrr
18-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Jade was a really good DJ here, worked her way up the ranks to community AGM within about 6 months - pretty soon after that she quit (I don't know why) to become staff, work up at erm... somewhere else I can't remember, where she eventually became co-owner, then that shut down and she now seems to be doing the same at HabHome.

We have quite a few staff who fansite skip, when I go on the lists I always see names I recognise from Habbox!

IzzyUhh
18-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Paha idk why I do it but go on staff of other fansites and like see a few ex-DJs from here on there! I personally wouldn't do it myself cos yh.. habbox is fab

James
18-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Hopping fansites is fine, as I've done it before, but going to a fansite just to spy for another one is pathetic imo

Bloop
18-08-2014, 10:35 AM
who spied???

oh and logandyer45 or sth like that is now a head dj for habbcrazy lol

seems like habbox staff positions are pretty high in demand ;)

Matt
18-08-2014, 11:29 AM
I've only ever been at Habbox. Idk once you get to know the community well enough I don't see any reason for you to change. I've been happy at Habbox so have never had the need to change.

Sian
18-08-2014, 11:46 AM
The thing you have to remember about a lot of djs is they're quite young and don't usually try to fit into the community here, so they go somewhere else where everyone is a tad more immature.

Aiden
18-08-2014, 12:08 PM
didn't even know so many fansites exist anymore. i can remember her though.

lawrawrrr
18-08-2014, 12:54 PM
The main thing that a lot of people say is at Habbox there's not always a lot of room for easy promotion, because we're still run fairly traditionally and have those traditional values about hard work - we can afford to be picky with who we choose to promote. I don't think this is always the case at newer fansites with huge staff turnovers. It's kind of a symptom of being young and having a volunteer 'job', wanting more power and not necessarily working towards it fully.

That's why a lot of staff have left, and that's why a lot of them have senior jobs elsewhere. I'm not saying they don't deserve it but in most cases they were told here why they didn't get promotions and refused to work on that one small issue or whatever. That's always been my impression anyway.

Rachel
18-08-2014, 03:14 PM
who spied???

oh and logandyer45 or sth like that is now a head dj for habbcrazy lol

seems like habbox staff positions are pretty high in demand ;)

He got Head DJ the moment he resigned at habboxlive. I don't really care what he does or where he goes....his choice really and same for anyone else who left for another fansite as it is their choice at the end.

Danny
18-08-2014, 03:49 PM
He got Head DJ the moment he resigned at habboxlive. I don't really care what he does or where he goes....his choice really and same for anyone else who left for another fansite as it is their choice at the end.

Do they look after his ego over there aswell?

Reality
18-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Jade purely came back to HabboxLive with the intention of giving out the radio password and spy on the other staff members!

Nevertheless, Jade was a very good DJ and excelled way beyond her abilities to do the best for her department as department manager.

O the topic at hand I dont think its that bad as-long-as you dont constantly hop from site-to-site, like KC.

Jssy
18-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I started out at the community of ClubHabbo and then HFFM, tried for DJ at both CH and HFFM (when HFFM was in its prime). I got rejected and I know it was definitely HxSS that brought me to Habbox because I just saw these big events with rooms full and wanted to join in. I actually saw Habbox as THE Habbo fansite, as it had all these rare values and a lot of forum users and in 2011 I decided to just go for it and apply as DJ, and I got accepted and was quite shocked.

I can't have been that bad of a DJ as at one point when I was DJ here I got senior after a month. I kind of lost interest in Habbo for a year or so so resigned but I came back to Habbox. I don't know what it is but I still see Habbox as the best (slightly biased) haha and I didn't go anywhere else when I left. The staff and community here are brilliant, I'd feel out of place elsewhere. I remember Jade, can't believe she'd try to leak our radio information though! Wow.

Draqom
18-08-2014, 06:55 PM
I think fansite skipping as you call it is fine as long as when you move and possibly become staff you don't do other places to spy...

I was at HFFM for 4 years but left when it was changed into a teenforum (then changed back to HFFM) then I went to TH and I left there, I wasn't involved in fansites for about 18 months after leaving TH but joined Habbox because a close friend told me Help Desk applications were open and thought I'd be good at it.

geo
18-08-2014, 09:46 PM
i've tried other fansites bc my good friends have been there in the past but it's never worked. i could never get into them, whether or not i knew the community, because hx was my main one and the one i enjoyed the most (even though it seems to be dead)

i dont see why people going from fansite 2 fansite is such a bad thing

Bloop
18-08-2014, 11:31 PM

wasnt he like a guest dj here and could jump to headdj in another fansite LOL (apparently previous head djs was demoted or sumfing oops)
#HabboxInDemand

Jade purely came back to HabboxLive with the intention of giving out the radio password and spy on the other staff members!

Nevertheless, Jade was a very good DJ and excelled way beyond her abilities to do the best for her department as department manager.

O the topic at hand I dont think its that bad as-long-as you dont constantly hop from site-to-site, like KC.
wot thats so despicable -____-

Samantha
18-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Jade was a really good DJ here, worked her way up the ranks to community AGM within about 6 months - pretty soon after that she quit (I don't know why) to become staff, work up at erm... somewhere else I can't remember, where she eventually became co-owner, then that shut down and she now seems to be doing the same at HabHome.

We have quite a few staff who fansite skip, when I go on the lists I always see names I recognise from Habbox!

Yeah she went to SnapHabbo :P.

Before Habbox I was at numerous fansites, only ever really decided to try for the events team, but most of them didn't even care if you hosted or not. I then moved onto KissHabbo and left for a Habbox trial, I was fired a few months after. I then managed to work at Mr-Trainor;'s fansite where I was the events/competitions manager and Assistant General Manager (Community). I got to be HabboForum Events Manager whilst Jellyfish; was there, but resigned after 12 hours.

I've tried looking at other fansites, but I really don't find them as nice and friendly as Habbox. The closest I found was TryHabbo when it first began, back when Red; was a member :P. Oh, I was staff for a little while there too for Habbo and forum competitions.

Rachel
19-08-2014, 01:04 AM
wasnt he like a guest dj here and could jump to headdj in another fansite LOL (apparently previous head djs was demoted or sumfing oops)
#HabboxInDemand

wot thats so despicable -____-

No he was a regular DJ

Bloop
19-08-2014, 02:18 AM
No he was a regular DJ
ah ic... do other fansites like to steal habbox staff or what :P

Yeah she went to SnapHabbo :P.

Before Habbox I was at numerous fansites, only ever really decided to try for the events team, but most of them didn't even care if you hosted or not. I then moved onto KissHabbo and left for a Habbox trial, I was fired a few months after. I then managed to work at Mr-Trainor;'s fansite where I was the events/competitions manager and Assistant General Manager (Community). I got to be HabboForum Events Manager whilst Jellyfish; was there, but resigned after 12 hours.

I've tried looking at other fansites, but I really don't find them as nice and friendly as Habbox. The closest I found was TryHabbo when it first began, back when Red; was a member :P. Oh, I was staff for a little while there too for Habbo and forum competitions.

did you rlly quit after 12 hours LOL

Rachel
19-08-2014, 02:23 AM

Sometimes they either try and steal by giving them higher positions at their fansites most of the time. I have been asked many times to work at a higher role at another fansite but I enjoy Habbox too much so I just deny their offers every time :)

OldLoveSong
19-08-2014, 06:40 AM
Ive always been at habbox. Hen i was younger maybe like 13 i always tunes in habbcraZy tho. I first heard about and joined habbox from the 2011 hxss and ive been here ever since and couldnt be happier! I feel like i would be cheating on habbox if i ever went to a diff place lol. I just know the members so well and feel so involved within the community it would be weird and i would feel out of place at any other site

DJVeni98
19-08-2014, 12:25 PM
The radio department is pretty rubbish. I was tired of waking up to an argument in the staff chats every morning. And there was (not sure if still is) conflict around the staff quite often. There is a generic reason as to why we have hopped over to new Fansites and if Management don't notice why everyone's leaving then Habbox just really loses it's staff & quality as a Fansite. You may be the oldest Fansite, but I can tell you, not #1. Sure, you guy's may have some good listener counts and a very large forum user base. But i'd rather be at a Fansite that appreciates my time and effort and accepts me there and has a very smooth and polite community.

Samantha
19-08-2014, 07:56 PM

Yeah haha, someone had told me that it wasn't official anymore or something, plus I didn't really know anyone :P.

lemons
19-08-2014, 07:58 PM
only fansites ive joined and been active on is this and Jurassic;'s flop site habbofest :-)

Jurassic
19-08-2014, 07:59 PM
only fansites ive joined and been active on is this and @Jurassic (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=36012);'s flop site habbofest :-)

love u x habbofest 4 lyfe

Drewar
19-08-2014, 09:15 PM
I've been working (on and off, taking breaks for IRL stuff) for Habbox since 2004, and I love it here :)

Habbox will always be home for me. It was the very first fansite I was a part of, and even though almost none of my friends from 10 years ago are still on the forum, some of them do stop by every once in a while, and it is always a pleasure to catch up with them.

This is going to sound corny, but Habbox has been a huge part of my life for the past 10 years, and has actually lot me a lot of real life values such as the value of hard work, dedication, and respect.

Three cheers for Habbox!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

hairpins
20-08-2014, 12:17 AM
these ***** aint loyul pmsl

up 2 yew wear yew 1 2 go tbh dunt botha mi

Bloop
20-08-2014, 02:55 AM
The radio department is pretty rubbish. I was tired of waking up to an argument in the staff chats every morning. And there was (not sure if still is) conflict around the staff quite often. There is a generic reason as to why we have hopped over to new Fansites and if Management don't notice why everyone's leaving then Habbox just really loses it's staff & quality as a Fansite. You may be the oldest Fansite, but I can tell you, not #1. Sure, you guy's may have some good listener counts and a very large forum user base. But i'd rather be at a Fansite that appreciates my time and effort and accepts me there and has a very smooth and polite community.
some may b a little hostile but i think the community is pretty nice nonetheless. idrk abt the staff conflicts thing but surely there are arguments at every fansite. i think habbox have done enough, if not the same for staff as other sites for eg staff of the month, staff vip etc and rlly, all the fansites does nth much for their staff either. but ive seen people joining another fansite due to higher positions so

but tbh suit yrself if u dnt like habbox then sure mayb joining another fansite wld be btr :)

IceNineKills
20-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Alot of it is what other fansites wave in their face. I've been using HabHome also since it first opened and the amount of staff that had been 'stolen' from other fansites is crazy. If they were a regular DJ at another fansite, they would be offered something like RM at HabHome. I'm sure other fansites are the same. I worked at ThisHabbo for about a month as a Media Reporter and when the people at Habhome found out, they offered me all sorts of roles to get me to return.

I don't see a massive problem with it, it's more point scoring between different fansites.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!