PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any religious beliefs?

Sharon
18-08-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm an atheist so I don't follow any religion and I pretty much don't believe God exists. However my family all believe in the Chinese stuff so like idk Buddhas and Chinese gods and stuff like that, seems pretty realistic to me so whilst I don't really care to find out much more than the basics I believe there are elements that are real. I have never really prayed for anything though, which I probably ought to start because my life is an absolute messsssssss

w b u

lemons
18-08-2014, 02:38 PM
nope

Kardan
18-08-2014, 02:40 PM
I don't have any religious beliefs, and don't believe in any god - and that would make me an atheist, although I'm wary of describing myself like that because so many atheists are as bad as some of the religious preachers you get.

Yes, I don't believe in god, but please stop telling me about all these atheist speakers etc.

I literally have no interest in it.

scottish
18-08-2014, 02:45 PM
I do not.

buttons
18-08-2014, 02:47 PM
nope never been brought up to be religious despite my mum and grandparents being catholic. went to church every week for a club where we did pray and were taught religion but mostly it was just a place to learn new activities. ive always loved that church and the people in it cause they do great things like meals for the homeless, sending gift boxes to deprived children all over the world etc so i have huge respect for them and their beliefs. they are really great people and it's a shame they get categorised with the extremists and their charitable nature then gets ignored.

used to pray for my loved ones and especially to those who had passed away, guess i learnt about praying from tv, not really from the church, school or family. dunno when or why i stopped but guess i just stopped believing in god and my prayers didnt matter. as it stands, im still not religious but don't feel the need to bash people for it. don't think i believe in a god either. iv never been 100% certain there isn't one and don't think i ever will be but im not convinced there is any either.

tl:dr: never practised christianity, used to believe in a god though and prayed, not sure whether there is or isn't anymore.

karter
18-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Theravada Buddhist

- - - Updated - - -

but agnostic though

FlyingJesus
18-08-2014, 04:13 PM
I believe that at some point in time (whether it/they still live or not) a god or pantheon of gods exists/existed, quite possibly localised deities. In that sense I have religious beliefs but don't follow an actual religion

lawrawrrr
18-08-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm a firm athiest with very strong views of where we get the stories and myths of 'gods' but I have a lot of spiritual beliefs canonic with Buddhist teachings.

-:Undertaker:-
18-08-2014, 05:15 PM
I was religious, then thought about it in my early teens and was an athiest/slightly agnostic.... but in recent years i'm come around to religion.

So I classify myself as a Christian.

Jssy
18-08-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm a Christian and class myself as a Methodist Christian as I was baptised in the methodist Church and attended that Church for sunday school and holy communion until my teens. I'm not sure how it happened really as my parents wanted me baptised there but they didn't want to go to Church or take me afterwards, but on my mums side of the family I had an elderly auntie who was chief of the Church or something so she used to pick me up every week. I also attended a Church of England school.

I hadn't really been to Church regularly for a few years and my Church is getting demolished so I started going to a pentecostal Church but it was very strange with reading out prayers to everyone to admit to sins and having members stand around me in a circle taking it in turns to touch my head and give readings for God to protect me. That is something I haven't experienced in the Methodist Church. However I would never force my beliefs on anyone else. I don't really openly tell people I'm a Christian and its not denying the Lord in front of my friends, I just think its something that people don't really need to know as once they do I usually get judged on it to be stupid or gullible. I respect everyone for their beliefs, even if different to my own.

Aiden
18-08-2014, 05:34 PM
I believe in God(s)/creator but I don't believe in any religions.

MKR&*42
18-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Class myself as agnostic (more specific apathetic agnostic - essentially meaning I don't know and I don't care) as I've never formed a decision on where I stand with any religious beliefs.

Matt
19-08-2014, 09:54 AM
Nope i'm not religious and my family members aren't really either.

Chris
19-08-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't have any religious beliefs and neither does any of my family.

hairpins
19-08-2014, 09:28 PM
no but eye f9d it bud 2 leern

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!