PDA

View Full Version : Older famous people you dread passing on

-:Undertaker:-
30-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Yeah the recent death of Lord Richard Attenborough aged 90 (who a lot of people confuse with his elderly brother too, David) and the current condition of Joan Rivers, 81, got me thinking - who are the famous people who are elderly you dread to find out have passed away?

I think some of mine would be Prince Phillip (93), the Queen (88), Dame Angela Lansbury (88), Ron Paul (79), Sir Christopher Lee (92) and probably a few others but I won't name them all. It's so sad seeing living legends/icons even when they're old passing on. Time is cruel.

Soon all we'll have left is the Kardashians... Grim.

You?

FlyingJesus
30-08-2014, 12:35 AM
I don't tend to relish the idea of anyone dying tbh

30-08-2014, 12:36 AM
I don't tend to relish the idea of anyone dying tbh

I said dread, not enjoy. :P

One I always struggle to get my head around is the Queen going. That'll be one huge huge moment in history, it's kinda unthinkable.

lawrawrrr
30-08-2014, 08:42 AM
When Maggie Smith dies I'll be fairly upset.

The thing is a lot of the people who I idolise I don't even realise are still alive, and I only notice when the BBC app tells me they're alive! That was the case for Doris Lessing and Maya Angelou anyway.

Bloop
30-08-2014, 08:49 AM
my countrys first prime minister lee kuan yew who is like 90+

he cant even walk properly at our recent national celebration of sgs 49th birthday ��

Jurv
30-08-2014, 08:51 AM
bob dylan
debbie harry
sean connery
judi dench

hmm can't think of anymore but i'll be distraught if any of them pass on :( :(

MKR&*42
30-08-2014, 08:57 AM
I will legit cry my eyes out for ages when Debbie Harry goes.

Meryl streep (ik she's only 65) will be another sad one for me too.

iBlueBox
30-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Tom Baker.

I dread the day.

lemons
30-08-2014, 09:12 AM
just the queen and prince phillip that'll be really sad :(

Empired
30-08-2014, 09:22 AM
I don't get sad at all when older, famous people die? I might be a bit shocked and disappointed that they passed away, but I don't understand why there were all those people literally sobbing over Robin Williams and things. Like, I enjoyed his work but I didn't know the guy. It would be weird for me to mourn the death of someone I didn't even know. What if they were really lovely on camera but secretly horrible to their family? I would never know that, and maybe I wouldn't have been as sad if I had known.

Maybe I'm just grumpy though :'(

Jurv
30-08-2014, 10:02 AM
it all depends on how much you idolise them and how much of a role they've played in your life charlz

i probably wouldn't full on cry if the people i mentioned died, i'd just be REALLY sad and feel crap

you can still feel sad without shedding a tear!

Empired
30-08-2014, 10:57 AM
it all depends on how much you idolise them and how much of a role they've played in your life charlz

i probably wouldn't full on cry if the people i mentioned died, i'd just be REALLY sad and feel crap

you can still feel sad without shedding a tear!
Yeah I spose. I'd be sad if the Queen went. particularly right now because I want her to beat victoria so badly omfg

Samantha
30-08-2014, 11:26 AM
I'll be sad when David Jason dies, that's the main one.

Yupt
30-08-2014, 11:32 AM
When Maggie Smith dies I'll be fairly upset.

The thing is a lot of the people who I idolise I don't even realise are still alive, and I only notice when the BBC app tells me they're alive! That was the case for Doris Lessing and Maya Angelou anyway.

I won't be able to cope when Maggie Smith passes, luckily she's only actually 79 and still got a fair few years left in her I think!

I can't really think of many of the top of my head, I'm far more upset when those who are younger are taken away to be honest, Robin Williams for instance. When Schumacher went into his coma I was very upset too!

Lewis
30-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. They're both great actors.

Kardan
30-08-2014, 12:29 PM
There was a thread on Reddit about this, and everyone was listing all these celebrities, and each one I was like 'meh', but the only one that actually made me feel bad at the thought of them dying was JK Rowling. I know she's not old in the slightest, but that would be tough for me.

Empousa
30-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Agreed with Kardan... but the one I dread the most? The only living Golden Girl to date, Betty White. She's still doing an AMAZING job though! It'll be devastating! :(

Alkaz
30-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Can't think of that many, but definitely The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will be a momentous. I also agree with Laura and Maggie Smith, she always seems to play a similar ''old'' character, even going back 20 years she seemed really old, so I've never really had a proper grasp on her age, she's always just been there. So yeah, it will be sad when she dies, she's been in some of the greatest films and TV series.

Sharon
30-08-2014, 03:33 PM
i don't care for any... as long as the kardashians are alive

The Don
31-08-2014, 01:02 AM
Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. They're both great actors.

I'm pretty sure Morgan Freeman is immortal.

I can't really think of any off the top of my head that would upset me. I think the more surprising ones have more of an impact on me, such as younger celebrities where you don't really expect it.

A4R0N
31-08-2014, 05:39 AM
if paul mccartney goes oh god

Jssy
31-08-2014, 11:30 AM
brian may
john deacon
elton john
the queen
charlie off casualty
dolly parton

buttons
01-09-2014, 01:33 PM
june and Leon from gogglebox :'(

Danny
02-09-2014, 03:03 PM
The Queen, Dame Maggie Smith and Dame Judi Dench!

If you love the Queen, it's gunna seem so weird not hearing the anthem saying "Queen", or atleast for me.

Hannah
02-09-2014, 03:05 PM
I dread the days when the death of James Spader or David Bowie are announced.

02-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Yeah I spose. I'd be sad if the Queen went. particularly right now because I want her to beat victoria so badly omfg

Only about a year to go until that record is broken.

The Queen, Dame Maggie Smith and Dame Judi Dench!

If you love the Queen, it's gunna seem so weird not hearing the anthem saying "Queen", or atleast for me.

Indeed, and it's unlikely in our lifetimes that it'll be Queen again with Charles, William and George all to come.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!