PDA

View Full Version : Google chrome eavesdropping notification

Kyle
04-09-2014, 08:50 PM
so my connection just went a little bit weird and nothing would open, then when I opened Chrome I got a dropdown notification at the top right of my screen saying that my connection was being monitored and that it allows for eavesdropping and all sorts and to restore settings if I don't want this to happen. I just wondered whether anybody else has experienced anything similar or anybody knows how to check whether there are any others connected to my router that will be able to access my personal connection. Plus any ways to prevent this would be great. thx
scottish; Recursion; Chippiewill; pls help me

Chippiewill
04-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Login to your router at:

or
or

and then check the DHCP client list for any unexpected people and also check for any static allocations. If you've got WPA or WPA2 enabled then it shouldn't be possible to perform a MITM attack without infecting the router. Sounds like a virus though, it shouldn't be easily detectable. It's kinda hard to actually tell what's happening on your screen so if you could be a little clearer that would be helpful.

Kyle
04-09-2014, 09:12 PM
I can't login to my router at any of those IPs as my browser is telling me they don't exist. I loaded google chrome and got a notification in the dropdown list at the top right hand side that said something along the lines of my connection is being controlled and allows for eavesdropping and monitoring of my browsing. I can't get a picture because it's gone now and I can't find any evidence of it.

Kyle
04-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Login to your router at:

or
or

and then check the DHCP client list for any unexpected people and also check for any static allocations. If you've got WPA or WPA2 enabled then it shouldn't be possible to perform a MITM attack without infecting the router. Sounds like a virus though, it shouldn't be easily detectable. It's kinda hard to actually tell what's happening on your screen so if you could be a little clearer that would be helpful.
There are a ton of connections, 5 of which are active and known. I don't know whether it's somebody that I live with doing it or it was just a weird phenomena. As everybody in my house has admin access on the router, is there any way that I can protect my own personal connections from remote access from others in the house? Or is that even possible? IDK. yes I have WPA2 enabled.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!