PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive: Farage and Murdoch In Private Meeting in New York City

-:Undertaker:-
06-09-2014, 06:26 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/09/05/EXCLUSIVE-Farage-and-Murdoch-in-private-meeting-in-New-York-City
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2745823/Murdoch-meets-Nigel-Farage-private-meeting-NewsCorp-offices-New-York.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nigel-farage-and-rupert-murdoch-britains-biggest-eurosceptic-and-its-most-powerful-media-mogul-have-private-meeting-9715073.html

EXCLUSIVE: Farage and Murdoch In Private Meeting In New York City

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Breitbart-London/2014/09/05/composite_14099237638211.jpg

NEW YORK, United States - Breitbart London can exclusively reveal that UKIP leader Nigel Farage and News Corp Chief Rupert Murdoch met in private this week, following hotly on the heels of Douglas Carswell MP's defection away from the Conservative Party and into Team Farage.

The meeting took place at Murdoch's private office in the NewsCorp building in Manhattan after Mr Farage had finishing taping segments for the Sean Hannity and Neil Cavuto shows.

Breitbart London can report that following a live interview at the Cavuto show, the host paused for an advertisement break, turned to Mr Farage and said, "Sir... The boss wants to see you. The big boss".

The message was relayed to him from Mr Murdoch's office, at which point the UKIP leader was whisked upstairs for lengthy talks.

Rupert Murdoch is known to still be heavily involved in the running of his multibillion dollar news empire, evidenced by the fact that he was aware of Mr Farage's taping of a pre-record on the ground floor in the middle of the day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwyGlLiIEAAlu7v.jpg
Farage also met with leading Republican candidate for President in 2016 to discuss global issues, Senator Rand Paul

The news of the meeting will likely send shock waves through Westminster's political and media elite, as Mr Murdoch usually saves such encounters for politicians that he plans to back ahead of a General Election.

He and his newspaper 'The Sun' are often referred to as the king-makers of the 1997 General Election in the UK where Tony Blair swept to power and subsequently won three elections.

The incident also coincides with rumours of more Tory defections to UKIP. Mr Farage is in the United States for meetings with voter turnout and canvassing experts, as well as doing a handful of U.S. media.

Interesting.

With the polls so tight in Britain, it is hard to see who Muroch will decide to back at the next General Election... can't see it being Ukip but then this is the second meeting between the two and I struggle to think what Murdoch is up to... or Farage for that matter. You'd think it'd be the Conservatives he'd back for 2015 - and he may well do - but apparently he isn't keen on the present Cameron Ministry.

I think Farage, like him or not, is a very smooth politcal operator - more than people think of him as - and he has some sort of plan. I always look to the Reform Party of Canada as the prime example and he's mentioned it before, but sadly there's not much background information on the internet about that huge event in Canadian politics. It'd be interesting to know how Canadian media was before, during and after that. Maybe it's something i'll look into this academic year.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

GommeInc
06-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Urgh, Murdoch is a wrinkly old scrotum and a horrible, bumbling man who has completely ruined mass media in the UK, Australia and, indeed, the world. The controversies he had to give evidence towards and account for showed what a useless man he is with no control over his business and empire, and this is possibly one of the most powerful men in the world :/

A4R0N
06-09-2014, 04:03 PM
scumbags

06-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Urgh, Murdoch is a wrinkly old scrotum and a horrible, bumbling man who has completely ruined mass media in the UK, Australia and, indeed, the world. The controversies he had to give evidence towards and account for showed what a useless man he is with no control over his business and empire, and this is possibly one of the most powerful men in the world :/

I actually don't mind him, he's the opposite to me on foreign policy (hence why he backed Blair) but his efforts did arguably greatly help keep this country out of the Euro. Had it not been for him, along with Business for Sterling, we'd probably be in that hellhole right now. :P

Michael
07-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Murdoch's out for revenge.. seeing as he dropped his cosy tea party with Labour in 2009 and the Conservatives around 2012 he's probably looking for another political party to play with.

The Don
07-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Murdoch has always reminded me of Darth Sidious. The mysterious old and wrinkled puppet master who subtly controls the strings from the shadows. I'm not surprised in the slightest that Farage is coddling up to him as well, Murdoch has most of Whitehall wrapped round his grubby little finger. Regardless of how hard Farage tries to portray otherwise in reality he is exactly the same as the rest of the political elite and I can't believe more people can't see through his mask.

08-09-2014, 01:10 AM
Murdoch has always reminded me of Darth Sidious. The mysterious old and wrinkled puppet master who subtly controls the strings from the shadows. I'm not surprised in the slightest that Farage is coddling up to him as well, Murdoch has most of Whitehall wrapped round his grubby little finger. Regardless of how hard Farage tries to portray otherwise in reality he is exactly the same as the rest of the political elite and I can't believe more people can't see through his mask.

Farage could have easily joined the Tories all those years ago when he was offered a safe seat... instead he's spent years (20 years) building up a political party from the ground up, something that almost always under FPTP ends in failure. If he was the same, why would he bother?

If he's successful he'll go down in history as Britain's Preston Manning.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!